Pull out method...TMI lol

Swanny

Reaction score
Has anyone got pregnant or known of anyone who has by using the 'pull out' method?

We weren't very careful over the weekend and I'm not on any contraception. Also it's around my ovulation time.

I'm not trying to concieve but would be overjoyed if I did get pregnant, would just be a little sooner than planned.

Errrr I tried that method, it was only one night and I got pregnant !! After 19 yrs of being barren after having a baby seams I am super fertile now :wacko:

Yes. My first pregnancy he never came in me, but a male cannot feel when they precome (which is a very tiny, potent, amount of semen). I ended up pregnant, though that ended in a m/c.

The 'pull out' method is not an effective form of contraception. Before I went on maternity leave I worked in MIU and it amazed me the number of young ladies who came in thinking it was as effective as the pill or condom. I don't mean that in a negative way to you at all but there is a possibility, as with any case of not using contraception, that pregnancy can occur.

Happened a couple of times and i fell pregnant. I don't personally view it as a form of contreception.

We used the pull out method, as well charting my ovulation.
It worked for nearly a year not to get pregnant, until one night he didn't pull out and wham bam a baby! :baby:

For me, the pull out method only worked for me while I was counting my ovulation days (I'm extremely regular so it's easy for me)

The only reason we ended up pregnant is because he didn't pull out and I didn't count my days right :rofl:

The way I counted was - my period comes every 29 days, I would count to 14 days then from that day, I would make him use protection for 2 weeks, a week before and a week after ovulation. (I reckon I ovulated between days 15 - 18!) all the other times he'd pull out.

Now I'm not in any means saying do this lol, just giving you my story :)

He defo pulled out in time lol was just thinking about pre-ejaculation but surely they would have to be super swimmers and pre-ejac doesn't happen every time does it?

I wasn't in quite the same boat with you ladies. My husband and I used a diaphragm. Our "pillow talk" so to speak was talking about not using it. Well, we did just that once. Yeah.....our son is now two months old.

We used the pull-out method for a few years without getting pregnant. But that's how my LO got here!

We always use the pull out method along with FAM (fertility awareness method) - as long as you do it right you have a low chance of getting pregnant. I know when I ovulate so during that week we are extra careful, all other weeks we are careful but not as crazy as during ovulation week.

If your OH is pulling out early, then you probably won't get pregnant (that's how we do it) but it's not set in stone. There is still some sperm in pre-cum so I can't say that you WON'T get pregnant for sure but it's just a significantly lower chance but again not a 0% chance. I hope everything works out for you.

Edited to add: Pre-cum is there every time, but like a PP stated they are not able to feel it. In order to release the sperm the pre-cum has to come out to lubricate it, so to speak, before the real stuff comes out. HTH

Pull out method is not a form of contraception as precum can make u pregnant.

Personally, my husband and I used this for 9 months and didn't get pregnant until we tried (happened first time). However, many people will tell you they got pregnant with it.

Months before I got pregnant (New Years actually) we got a little carried away and I thought I may have conceived then. I researched it A TON and found that the general consensus (and this is with actual medical studies--i can find links if you would like) is that pre-ejaculate (the clear fluid that leaks as a lubricant) does not contain sperm, unless the man has recently ejaculated and not peed since to "clean out the pipe".

If he truly pulled out in time, you're probably safe, but every method has a failure rate...he could have pulled out just a smidge too late...

but even then, it can take the most fertile of trying couples months to conceive, so i'm guessing odds aren't in your favor.

good luck though! When are you guys planning to actually try?

side note to readers: it is my personal opinion that you should never use this method unless you are prepared to have a kid in case it fails. the OP is obviously OK with another kid, so i don't think lecturing her on not using this as a reliable birth control method is helpful :flower:

here is an article where researchers indirectly found no volatile sperm in pre-ejaculate (though they were searching for traces of STDs in the ejaculate, which it DOES contain):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12286905

Any time the penis comes into contact with the vagina theres a chance of pregnancy

Thank you for your replies. We are planning on trying for baby no.2 from September this year so would be overjoyed if I did get pregnant would just be a little sooner than planned. I wouldn't use it as a form of contraception if I didn't want to get pregnant but for us we would be happy if I did get pregnant anyway

x

We used the pull out method, and I'd just literally come off the pill and I got pregnant :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->