Pull out method...TMI lol

lol! my doctor also said "diaphragm" and then just laughed :dohh: i'm looking into this "encare" thing, which is kind of like the sponge except not...but i can't find it anywhere. i'd go with the sponge but it's, like, 13USD for 3, and that's if you can even find the things. they get taken off the shelf all the time. have you considered copper IUD?

tell me of your best delivery and your worst! and by worst i mean, like, diarrhea in the pool, not like sad baby story...because i'm nosy and hoping you'll placate me :D

lol! my doctor also said "diaphragm" and then just laughed :dohh: i'm looking into this "encare" thing, which is kind of like the sponge except not...but i can't find it anywhere. i'd go with the sponge but it's, like, 13USD for 3, and that's if you can even find the things. they get taken off the shelf all the time. have you considered copper IUD?

tell me of your best delivery and your worst! and by worst i mean, like, diarrhea in the pool, not like sad baby story...because i'm nosy and hoping you'll placate me :D

iv never heard of that :wacko: whats it like? i had the copper coil for a few months, it was brilliant at first and then i started bleeding in between periods and then it just came out :dohh: so gave up with that!

best delivery was a young couple and they were lovely. i spent a lot of time with them as she was being induced and we built up a good rapport and i could feel they really trusted me (more than my mentor) i think its all about the bond you form with the woman and her family and how you get to know her. it was a text book delivery really and we all cried once the baby was born. :haha: i cant put my finger on exactly why that was the best delivery.

the worst in a gross way was this teenager who was being induced. she came down to labour ward from the maternity ward. she was in a big room with ensuite (this becomes relevent later!) i was asked to put her on the ctg monitor and to get a history, she how shes coping etc. she seemed to be not to far off, they said she was 4cm just before they bought her down from the ward, contractions regular and strong. anyway she said she needed the loo, so i explained it might be baby's head coming down and putting pressure on her bowels, but if she could empty her bowels it would give more room for baby's head to come out. i explained there was an ensuite and told her rthere was a buzzer if she needed us. anyway i went out the room to let my mentor know (i thought she might be progressing quickly). came back in my room with my mentor and she was doing a poo in the middle of the room in a vomit bowel....with her mum holding it underneath her :-k i just stood there trying to work out what the hell was happening. my mentor did not look impressed and somehow it was my fault :dohh::dohh::dohh: anyway she cracked on pretty quickly. she pooed again during delivery (not a big deal - used to that) though how she had any left i dont know :haha: and then baby came and baby pooed everywhere. then the placenta came and it absolutely stank. iv never smelt a placenta like it :sick: so the room absolutely stank. i had to keep making excuses to go get some fresh air :haha:

my very worst delivery though was another teenager having her first baby. she had an epidural and didnt know how to push and refused to push harder in case she pooed :dohh: she ended up with the most horrific forceps delivery i have ever seen. we didnt go to theatre as it was low risk, so it just felt really claustophobic in there with all the doctors, midwives, family etc. she was in agony as her epidural stopped working when the doctor was using forceps and she was grabbing on to me for dear life. all i could do was try my very est to reassure her and calm her down. she ended up bleeding very badly and it became an emergency. i ended up coming out the room after and crying. horrible :nope:

wow. ugh, i hate hearing about traumatic births. just because i feel so much sympathy for the mother :( i mean, mine wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either...except waking up with anesthesia wearing off as i got staples. that was fun. they should just keep with the numbing agent after c-sections to aid in the pain a little, especially during the post surgery belly squish. do they squish your belly there? or is that just a states practice?

an IUD, i think, is the same as the coil. it's "inter-uterine device", basically shaped like a T and fits snug at the top of the fundus.

Ive spoke to my midwife and dr and both said its not reliable in percentage to be classed as a form of contraception. And the presents of sperm in precum is still being debated cus theyve only tested a small amount of men

well my doctor says it is and milf (who is a midwife) says it is so i guess they cancel each other out and we'll have to agree to disagree :flower:

I wouldn't trust it. I prefer my diaphragm.

wow. ugh, i hate hearing about traumatic births. just because i feel so much sympathy for the mother :( i mean, mine wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either...except waking up with anesthesia wearing off as i got staples. that was fun. they should just keep with the numbing agent after c-sections to aid in the pain a little, especially during the post surgery belly squish. do they squish your belly there? or is that just a states practice?

an IUD, i think, is the same as the coil. it's "inter-uterine device", basically shaped like a T and fits snug at the top of the fundus.

oh no iv had the coil i was wondering what the sponge was?:haha:

im not sure if they do a belly squish :wacko: not something iv really head of, but i dont really see anything after the baby is out because im looking after baby and then have to go check the placenta

the sponge is kind of donut shaped and (duh) spongey feeling; it contains spermicide so you first wet it to activate the spermicide then insert it as far back as you can. it can be left in for 24 hours and you can have as much sex as you want, you just have to leave it in place 6 hours after the last sexual act...so really you have 18 hours for sex once it's in. the encare thing is similar except shaped more like a tampon and you can only use 1 for each act of sex.

here, after you give birth the nurses will press down on your belly to squish out blood from your uterus. after a c-section, it HURTS--the push right above the incision site. did they do that to you when you had your little guy?

Moved from Baby Club to a more suited area of the forum.

x

the sponge is kind of donut shaped and (duh) spongey feeling; it contains spermicide so you first wet it to activate the spermicide then insert it as far back as you can. it can be left in for 24 hours and you can have as much sex as you want, you just have to leave it in place 6 hours after the last sexual act...so really you have 18 hours for sex once it's in. the encare thing is similar except shaped more like a tampon and you can only use 1 for each act of sex.

here, after you give birth the nurses will press down on your belly to squish out blood from your uterus. after a c-section, it HURTS--the push right above the incision site. did they do that to you when you had your little guy?

wow i like the sound of the sponge, we dont have that over here (or if we do i havent heard about it) though i suppose its a pain if you cant get them free (like we are given free condoms here)

i had a vaginal delivery and theres no way in a million years they would push down on the uterus afterwards....scared it would cause prolapse, post partum hemorrhage etc.

though i did get asked when one woman was in labour if i could push down on her uterus to speed it up a little...apparently thats what they did with her last labour (this was in india i think??)

i think we have taken over the thread :haha:

i was thinking about this woman actually today. i never actually met her but she was supposed to come in for a antenatal appointment and never turned up. looked in her notes and it turns out her blood results had come back and she had a really low iron level. as in should not be walking around low. the doctor had sent her into hospital. anyway tracker her down and it turns out she had leukemia. at the time she was in hospital losing her baby :cry: so sad, you cant imagine it can you having this wonderful news you are pregnant and then you're entire world comes crashing down on you :(

I have used the "pull out" method for almost 4 years now and i haven't gotten preggo but the one time we tried last yr. I guess it all depends on how good he is with pulling out. But i'm super fertile, always have been. all it took was one slip with each of my kids and i was preggo. But i guess my hubby is just really good at it?? Hope you get what you want. I kind of have had the same take the past couple years, wasn't trying but if it was meant to be it just was meant to be. Good luck to you :)

milf--i think you can order the sponge off amazon...but pulling out is cheaper, lol!

that is sooooooo sad about the patient. how devastating :( being told i may lose my son was bad enough, i can't imagine actually losing him and finding out my own life is in trouble. holy crap.

cbass--did you know when hubs slipped up when it happened? or only after the test told you? :haha:

we knew right afterwards but thats been almost 6.5 years and just over 4 years ago and thats what happens when you get a little intoxicated and have careless :sex: when you are about O.:haha:
My point it i have been doing this method for 4 years and really fertile and haven't gotten preggo IF he is careful. Of course other then when we tried last year and succeed but my little been went to heaven at only 8 wks :(.

i'm sorry about your loss :hugs: will you be trying again?

eeeeee! how exciting! i kind of miss the 2ww :blush:

OH nearly didnt pull out in time this morning, close call lol

yikes! sometimes those men just don't have any self control :dohh: i spent last new years in the 2ww after a close call like that lol--fortunately i had already ovulated that month. i would have been happy with conceiving then, but in retrospect it was a few months before my wedding and i'm glad i wasn't pregnant during that!

I had all my 3 boys using the pull out method..Lol..
Then for 10 yrs did not get pregnant then at age 40 I got pregnant, my kids were 20, 18 and 11. Sadly I lost my Ava at 20 weeks. But all 3 pregnancies were the pull out method. Getting pregnant with Ava he did stay in me but I never thought in a million years I would have gotten pregnant. Ava was a gift and I thank God I saw her.. I wish you all the best ..XOOXOXO :hugs::hugs:

we've used this method for seven years with no baby. We didnt conceive until we tried. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->