Q about Sky...

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
We are moving house soon, if I unplug my Sky box and set it up in our new house will I lose all my recorded stuff on there?

If you book in a home move then no. If sky's set up in your new house then you just need to tell them the new address and when you're moving and you can just plug it in as long as the line's active. If not they'll just send an engineer out to sort it for you, costs nothing xx

Oh good so if we try to do it ourselves we will lose everything recorded?

You need to tell them you're moving home to carry on the contract. If you cancel they'll wipe the programmes on the box. They don't need to come out and plug the box in if you're happy to do it and have the same connectors in the new house x

I'd recommend doing the Home Move - it's totally free and it means that if the dish or cables need replaced it's done and saves you having to get them out later. Call about 2-4 weeks before moving day :)

Sky can't delete the programs recorded but if the channels are not activate that they were recorded from, then you won't be able to watch them. It's the same principle as recording a movie on Sky Premier then getting rid of the channels, you can't watch the film because you don't have the channels.

Contact them 4-8 weeks before moving and arrange a date for everything to be transferred over then it will all work as before with no interruptions. A close friend of mine was moving and didn't have much notice (RAF), Sky couldn't get out to install everything for seven weeks. The sooner you do it, the likelier you are to get the date you want for installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->