QOTD: When will you stop working?

I would love to be a SAHM, will try and go part time and just work 3 days a week....maybe even 2 to start with. Will have a year off before going back at all. x

With Evelyn I worked up until the day before my due date; my blood pressure spiked so my OB signed me off work to try and get it under control and my Short Term Disability company agreed. I went back to work for about three weeks, then had to leave due to my husband's military career. I'm currently a SAHM for her first year while my husband is away training. Hoping for a Work From Home position so I can still spend some time with the family as we move all over the place!

I plan on leaving 2 weeks before I'm due, because as I live out the way I need to go into hospital 2 weeks before :( then I plan on being a sahm.... but when I day sahm I mean I will be doing my bfs paperwork for his business, changeovers for at least two houses, and working code myself a couple of evenings a week.... so I suppose I won't actually be a sahm but it means I won't need to pay childcare costs

Depends on when its unsafe to no longer work (carer) but was hoping between 34-36 weeks :)

& will be going back too :)

I have to stop doing my job the day I find out I'm pregnant :happydance: and then I get to stay at home until I've had my first scan, after that I will go back 4 days a week for just 2 or 3 hours a day to do admin work of which there is very little so it's more like a social.

Then I will probably 'work' until quite late, take my maternity leave and then resign so I can be a SAHM :)

It makes me feel ill how little maternity leave the ladies in the US get xx

I started mat leave at 35 and a bit weeks with DD (tagged holidays on to each end though so I had 10 months off in total, 9 months mat leave and 1 month holidays) and I plan to work until at least that point this time, preferably later! I went 12 days overdue with DD and I got a bit bored to be honest and wished i'd stayed at work another 2-3 weeks. I only work 3 days a week now so if my next pregnancy goes OK I hope to work until 37 or 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->