Question for all you "chart stalkers"

JB'sBabyBoogy

Mommy of 2 girls
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has thoughts on this...

I am currently CD 22. I had ever so slight O pains off and on CD 14-17 with EWCM CD 15-17. On CD 14 my temp dropped from 97.4 to 96.8. On CD 15 my temp went down to 96.6. This is the day I suspect I ovulated, although FF is saying O day was CD 16, when my temp went up to 97.3.

THEN --

Yesterday (CD 21), I had very obvious cramping and O pains (I say obvious because I could feel it stronger than the "slight" pains CD 14-17) along with more EWCM, after a couple of days of creamy/dry. My temp yesterday was 97.4.

My question is, is it possible that I could have ovulated on CD 21 versus CD 15/16 like FF says? Last cycle I did O around the 20th day of my cycle. I just find it weird that I feel like I definitely ovulated yesterday as compared to CD 15/16, but my temp didn't really drop yesterday. I do shift work so I know all of my temps were not taken at the same time, which can make it hard to say. I guess I'm just hoping O day was yesterday 'cause DH was out of town for 5 weeks (hence the lack of BD on my chart) and came home late last week, so we have gotten a couple of BD's in now! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

i think the link may be wrong for FF.

tho i cant see your chart...i REALLY hope you are right and ff was wrong! :hugs:

Edited: post deleted cause everyone was seeing their own FF chart! See link in next post!

Ok, I think I fixed it.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2902e6

When I click on the link my own chart appears! :rofl:

Wow, that is all over the place, lol. I do shift work as well and I thought mine was crazy, lol.

Looking at it, in my opinion (and this is by no stretch of the imagination a professional or even that well educated opinion), it looks like it may be right just due to the fact that you have only had one temp below the set cover line since CD16 and they say as a general rule, one temp alone isn't really a good indicator of things (hence why it waits for 3 before determining Ov). That one temp could have just been affected by the time that you took the temp that day. I have also heard that you can have patches of EWCM even after Ov??

That is just my slightly educated opinion, but I hope for your sake you're right and you didn't Ov until later so that the BD that you did do will cover it!!

Fx for ya!!

P.S. Shift work is such a pain in the butt isn't it, lol!!!

I have also heard that you can have patches of EWCM even after Ov??

Yes, you can, but I guess what's really throwing me off is that I had ovulation pains to go with the EWCM...

ps-- shiftwork is no fun while trying to take accurate BBT!!

In your 11:42 post it was fixed, the other ones came up as my own, lol.

That is weird that you had the pains too. I don't know......got me stumped!! Based solely on your temps, I would still say it was CD16 but, with the other symptoms I am doubting the temps, especially with the shift work thing! I know how much they can make a difference in BBTs. Mine this month looks like a roller coaster cuz I went from days to nights part way through my cycle, lol. Do you do OPKs or have a monitor?

Here's to hoping for your sake it's wrong!!! FX for you. Keep us posted!!

In your 11:42 post it was fixed, the other ones came up as my own, lol.

That is weird that you had the pains too. I don't know......got me stumped!! Based solely on your temps, I would still say it was CD16 but, with the other symptoms I am doubting the temps, especially with the shift work thing! I know how much they can make a difference in BBTs. Mine this month looks like a roller coaster cuz I went from days to nights part way through my cycle, lol. Do you do OPKs or have a monitor?

Here's to hoping for your sake it's wrong!!! FX for you. Keep us posted!!

Yeah, I was convinced FF was right until yesterday. If I discard the temp on CD 17, then it does not detect ovulation yet... interesting thought. Last cycle post-O my temps were approaching 99 degrees and I don't have that yet.

I don't do OPK's or monitor-- yet. This is only Cycle #4 since coming off BCP (and will be 2nd cycle actually ovulating), so am trying really hard not to try too hard! (If that makes any sense at all!) :rofl:

That makes perfect sense! Less stress that way! I wish I had that self restraint!!

I broke down and bought a monitor cuz I didn't trust my temps (cuz of the whole shift work thing) and wanted to verify that they were actually working for me. Only to find out that I spent a lot of money to find out that the temps have been pretty accurate......BUT......I have to say it is nice knowing when it's coming instead of just knowing that it happened!

The longer you can go without doing them, you'll save a lot of $$!! There is probably less stress involved too, lol!

With discarding that temp, and it not detecting Ov yet, it may just be that IF you did Ov yesterday, there hasn't been 3 high temps yet. Looking at it (with discarding CD17), it would probably take CD19 as a false high (cuz you dropped on CD20) and today as your first temp increase. Was there something that you remember about CD17 that warrants a discard (really late temp, not enough sleep, hot in the house, something else different)? Maybe tomorrow you'll start the climb towards 99 degrees??

That makes perfect sense! Less stress that way! I wish I had that self restraint!!

I broke down and bought a monitor cuz I didn't trust my temps (cuz of the whole shift work thing) and wanted to verify that they were actually working for me. Only to find out that I spent a lot of money to find out that the temps have been pretty accurate......BUT......I have to say it is nice knowing when it's coming instead of just knowing that it happened!

The longer you can go without doing them, you'll save a lot of $$!! There is probably less stress involved too, lol!

With discarding that temp, and it not detecting Ov yet, it may just be that IF you did Ov yesterday, there hasn't been 3 high temps yet. Looking at it (with discarding CD17), it would probably take CD19 as a false high (cuz you dropped on CD20) and today as your first temp increase. Was there something that you remember about CD17 that warrants a discard (really late temp, not enough sleep, hot in the house, something else different)? Maybe tomorrow you'll start the climb towards 99 degrees??

$$$ is another reason I haven't gone into OPK's/monitors. Trying not to spend too much money just yet, as it is still a little early in the TTC game.

On CD 17 I took my temp at 1:05 pm, after working all night and taking a 4-5 hour nap. It does get hotter in my house in the afternoons, but I ALWAYS sleep with the fan on full blast. CD 19 is higher too, because I had worked the night before that, and can't say that I got even 3 hours of solid, uninterrupted sleep that day. My husband came home from being gone for 5 weeks on CD 18, so CD 19 I was definitely sleep deprived... no matter how hard I tried to sleep, I kept waking up out of excitement that he was home, and knowing a BD was in my near future! :happydance:

With all that said, CD 17 and 19 are probably not accurate! I hope I O'd yesterday! FX'd :thumbup:

I hope so too!!! Fx'd for you!! Keep me posted over the next couple days so I can see what happens with your temps!! I'm curious to know now!! It's also good insight for fellow shift workers and how it can affect your temps!!

Thank you for your help and perspective on things. Now I feel like there still may be hope and that I'm not totally out this time!

Just as I suspected... 060609-- check out what has happened the last couple of days without even discarding anything! :thumbup: It looks like I tried to ov on CD 15/16 but didn't!

I think FF is likely correct. OV pains can occur before during or after OV, so they may help to narrow it down, but aren't necessarily the day of. OPK's are a great indicator that you'll be OV'ing soon, 12-36 hours after, so you get the + OPK, make sure to :sex: and look for the temp rise confirming that you did OV.

Just as I suspected... 060609-- check out what has happened the last couple of days without even discarding anything! :thumbup: It looks like I tried to ov on CD 15/16 but didn't!

I was actually thinking about you earlier today wondering how you were getting along!!! That's great. It looks like FF moved your Ov date without you even discarding those temps. It has done that to me (moved it from CD13 to CD16 then back again). Looks like you didn't miss the bus after all!!! Happy to hear that.

Now all we have to do is keep our FXd that this is your month!!! (One of us has to since I'm thinking I'm out of the running for this go - symptoms were there, but now mostly gone........although no AF yet so I guess there is still some hope for both of us, lol).

Keep me posted!!!
:dust:

I was actually thinking about you earlier today wondering how you were getting along!!! That's great. It looks like FF moved your Ov date without you even discarding those temps. It has done that to me (moved it from CD13 to CD16 then back again). Looks like you didn't miss the bus after all!!! Happy to hear that.

Now all we have to do is keep our FXd that this is your month!!! (One of us has to since I'm thinking I'm out of the running for this go - symptoms were there, but now mostly gone........although no AF yet so I guess there is still some hope for both of us, lol).

Keep me posted!!!
:dust:

Well thanks for thinking of me! I'm hopeful for this month now, but won't be surprised if it's not my time yet. We didn't get too many BD's in... lol. Is your AF late?

Not late yet. Due on Saturday but hoping she holds out until Monday. I have been taking B6 to try to get more than a 10 day LP. So even if I don't get my BFP this month but I get a 12 day LP, I'll be happy with that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->