Quirky /old-fashioned songs to sing to LO - suggestions please!

What an awesome thread!

Some of these songs I haven't heard, and some I haven't though of in a long time like "We went to the animal fair"

I've got a Mother Goose nursery rhymes book for Lil. Me 'n my lil bro used to have the same book when we were kids and passed it on to my little cousin and then I found the same exact book in a Thrift store, I was so excited. I noticed that someone else noted how odd some of them are, me and my mom noticed the same thing when we were going through them singing them to Lil one day lol

I don't know about old fashioned but for quirky and silly what about "Little Bunny FooFoo" we used to sing this when we were kids and we did the scoop and pop with our hands when we sung it. And if anyone remembers Lamb Chops and "The Song that Doesn't End"

And to who said they would also be playing the "great works by Freddie Mercury" you rock. I played "Under Pressure" and "Somebody to Love" while I was pregnant with Lil. They also played "You Are So Beautiful (To Me) so now whenever I even think about the song it makes me cry!

A song I love to play and sing for Lily too is "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart

Its amazing the animals Macdonald has on his farm -Geese, Donkeys, Goats,.... lions, tigers, woodcutters...... :wacko:

Mizze xx
Abby went through a phase of asking us to sing this on the way home from nursery. The journey is 40 minutes. We had rabbits, flamingoes, bumblebees, grasshoppers and even lettuces!

i sing " on top of spagetti " its to the tune of " on top of ol' smokey " lol was in a book my parents had of childrens songs

My nan sang this to me...

Down in the valley where nobody knows,
there's a little old washer woman washing her clothes
with a rub a dub here *tickle LO*
and a rub a dub there *tickle LO*
thats how the washer woman washes her clothes
diddly-i-tie
boogie woogie woogie
diddly-i-tie
boogie woogie woogie
THATS how the washer woman washes her clothes.

:blush:

it used to make me laugh so much.

I sing just about anything that comes in to my head and even make it up as I go along some times.
Recent songs have been oldies - The sun has got his hat on, it's a long way to Tiperary (i did say old!) save all your kisses for me,american pie, sunshine after the rain, you are my sunshine, i like to try something different not just the normal ones!! :) anyone looking in would surely get me sectioned!

Google uncle macs children's favorites. It was an old radio show my Mum loved as a kid, she got us the CD 'hello children everywhere' it's fantastic!
It's got songs like lily the pink, nelly the elephant, right said Fred...

Its amazing the animals Macdonald has on his farm -Geese, Donkeys, Goats,.... lions, tigers, woodcutters...... :wacko:

Mizze xx
Abby went through a phase of asking us to sing this on the way home from nursery. The journey is 40 minutes. We had rabbits, flamingoes, bumblebees, grasshoppers and even lettuces!

Oooooh what sound does a lettuce make???:thumbup:

Old MacDonald has sons who shout and daughters who giggle (not that im gender steryotyping or anything!) too.
Oh and he has crows as well!
Mizze xx

Oooooh what sound does a lettuce make???:thumbup:

Old MacDonald has sons who shout and daughters who giggle (not that im gender steryotyping or anything!) too.
Oh and he has crows as well!
Mizze xx

It makes no sound at all.....just a big long pause, she loves it!

3 little men in a flying saucer
Here we go round the mulbery bush
This is the jouse that jack built

And for your entertainment
*Johnny had a pigeon
*my daddy's a lavatory cleaner

I love this thread!

found this site, it has loads of them with lyrics

https://www.ambys.co.uk/DVD.aspx?TitleID=20&showDvd=2&word=#A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts