Ready to get back 'into the saddle' at just over 2 weeks PP...am I crazy?

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
Has anybody else DTD this soon after having their LO? If so, any advice would be appreciated!

I can't say I ever thought I would be ready so soon...I'd always thought (while still pregnant) that I would want at least 6 weeks to recover. But everything is feeling rather normal down there now, despite having some internal tears and grazes and a labial tear...:shrug: And after having our little man, my OH and I have a newfound appreciation for eachother..that, and OH was never a big fan of my pregnant form so now that my stomach is almost flat again, he's understandably, erm, excited about it :rofl:

I've heard it helps to use lots of lube, as things aren't as naturally lubricated down there for awhile afterwards? And in terms of contraception - when can you go on the mini pill? Do you have to have had your period first? We don't normally use condoms but I suppose if nothing else we will have to right now, as I would not be keen on the coil or implant/injection etc.

Thanks girls :hugs: x

Hello. My baby is just 3 weeks old and me and the OH managed to have sex yesterday. :) I had a forceps delivery so stitches but they fell out last week and I've more or less stopped bleeding and my tummy has more or less gone back to normal also so we decided to give it a go.
We had to use condoms because I'm not yet on contraception which sucked after 8 months of not needing to, but we didn't use any lube. It was abit uncomfortable at first, but I just relaxed and we went slow until it felt better.

We're waiting to see the HV next to ask about contraception so I'm not much help, but here's a site that's pretty informative.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/youafterthebirth/sexandrelationships/contraception/#6

x

Thanks amazing! We have had sex once ni 12 weeks and it was terrible! Maybe I need a glass of wine!

Hello. My baby is just 3 weeks old and me and the OH managed to have sex yesterday. :) I had a forceps delivery so stitches but they fell out last week and I've more or less stopped bleeding and my tummy has more or less gone back to normal also so we decided to give it a go.
We had to use condoms because I'm not yet on contraception which sucked after 8 months of not needing to, but we didn't use any lube. It was abit uncomfortable at first, but I just relaxed and we went slow until it felt better.

We're waiting to see the HV next to ask about contraception so I'm not much help, but here's a site that's pretty informative.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/youafterthebirth/sexandrelationships/contraception/#6

x

Me and DH only waited 2 weeks too. I didn't need any stitches or anything, and although it was a little bit sore to begin with, it was fine once we got into it, lol.

Thanks everybody, I'm quite excited to be getting back in to it, after ages of OH not being so keen :rofl: Was weird being the one who was hinting all the time!

:dance: C'monnn this weekend :haha:
x

It's official. You are all COMPLETELY MAD!!!!!!

:rofl: xx

i waited 4 weeks... only due to the fact that i was ill with other things after the birth UTI, infection in my womb. Plus i was convinced that my stitches would fall out... :blush: Even tho i know they have been healed since about 2 weeks after giving birth.
I thought it would be really painful... but it wasnt :thumbup:

we did it after 12 days, it was totally fine, in fact since having Lana it has been better lol

we did it after 12 days, it was totally fine, in fact since having Lana it has been better lol

I like the sound of that :thumbup: And men go on about how it will be worse...pssh :rofl: x

this time 10 days, my son 4 days:haha::happydance:

Was a lot longer after my first as was single:dohh:

Hmm i'v been way more "horny" :blush: lmao but im still to nervous. I feel so much better down there, but still have slight bleeding.. Pretty light for the past week i might add. But i had a 1st and 2nd degree tear in the shape of a Y down there. and got the dissolvable stiches. How do you know when they come out? lol

Geez i'v been wanting to "do the no-no" haha with hubby for about a week now but to scared

SOMEONE HELP. :)

Hmm i'v been way more "horny" :blush: lmao but im still to nervous. I feel so much better down there, but still have slight bleeding.. Pretty light for the past week i might add. But i had a 1st and 2nd degree tear in the shape of a Y down there. and got the dissolvable stiches. How do you know when they come out? lol

Geez i'v been wanting to "do the no-no" haha with hubby for about a week now but to scared

SOMEONE HELP. :)

Have a peek down there hun :) Would probably be the best way of telling, if you don't want to have a feel around. I had a look with a hand mirror just the other day and I can still see some of my dissolvable stitches in, but they don't hurt at all so I figure it's healed and the stitches are just waiting to disappear...

It's weird seeing indentation lines from where I've healed up though :wacko: Prepare yourself lol they just look kinda like wrinkles but weird because you're used to seeing the inner part all smooth, ya know?

I'm sure it will be fine sweets, if you're worried maybe give it another week :) And take it slow, with lots of KY. I think OH and I are going to give it a go tonight. Was bad enough this morning, things got rather tense :blush: I don't know that there's going to be much self control anymore so tonight it is! :rofl:

no pervetedness meant, but lemme know how it goes. may jus give me the confidence boost i need.

no pervetedness meant, but lemme know how it goes. may jus give me the confidence boost i need.

Will do hun :) I'm a little concerned it will be noticeably different but I guess soon I'll know for sure x

nope not completely mad, i actually posted the other week as i was scared of how it would feel down there for him lol ... like would he e able to ..well you know...? :blush: would i be a little loose etc? sorry if thats tmi, but we had sex for the first time since, a week ago today, so thats exactly two weeks PP and he said there was no difference, a little tigter if anything! :shock: was not expecting that at all lol.
But yes i would advise lube, as i was in an extreme amount of pain down there, i had no tears of anything like that but i felt like i was being ripped apart in there, it felt so raw iykwim??? :shrug:
We have since had sex 5 times since last friday :sex: and it is still a little sore but getting better n more enjoyable for me now. i thibk OH likes the thought that hes hurting me ??? iykwim?? lol
Good luck!!!!!

nope not completely mad, i actually posted the other week as i was scared of how it would feel down there for him lol ... like would he e able to ..well you know...? :blush: would i be a little loose etc? sorry if thats tmi, but we had sex for the first time since, a week ago today, so thats exactly two weeks PP and he said there was no difference, a little tigter if anything! :shock: was not expecting that at all lol.
But yes i would advise lube, as i was in an extreme amount of pain down there, i had no tears of anything like that but i felt like i was being ripped apart in there, it felt so raw iykwim??? :shrug:
We have since had sex 5 times since last friday :sex: and it is still a little sore but getting better n more enjoyable for me now. i thibk OH likes the thought that hes hurting me ??? iykwim?? lol
Good luck!!!!!

Lol he likes the thought that he's hurting you?! What a meanie :lol:

Tom was so funny this morning...he came up to me and rubbed my tummy and was like "No baby in there!". Very pleased with himself might I add. I think the only reason he ever wanted baby to come out was so that he would regain his sex drive! :rofl:

lol my OH never lost his sex drive, even when i was 41 weeks he was still trying to jump me at least twice a night lol.... :haha:
lol it was funny when we had sex the other night wen he was on top for the first time since the birth because he was still positioning himself as if i still had a huge tummy lol

Hahaha :haha: :haha:

Too funny girls. Was it kinda like it was your first time all over again? Like it kinda hurt when you lost your virginity. iykwim ? Or was it worse?

EEEEK now im more nervous :blush:

yep kind of like the first time again lol...
for me it hurt worse but it might not for u guys, i just felt really raw.
not sure if itsmeant to feel like that? lol

EEEEEK .. now im nervous lol i want to enjoy it... i dont want it to turn me off from sex for good :(

Hey Tiger i just noticed our sons were born on the same day :). What time was your son born?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->