RECIPES:Please share your favourites :)

crystal443

Reaction score
Please feel free to post recipes of any type, doesn't need to be a TTC recipe :) Baking recipes, any meal type recipe would be great!! Doesn't have to be healthy but can be if you want. Thanks

My fave = whatever someone else makes & what I don't have to cook :thumbup:

Ok well we're not inventive eater but I do have a great Brown Sugar Sauce:

1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tbs flour
1/2 tsp dry or prepared mustard
1/8 tsp cinnamon
3tbs dry sherry or vinegar (add extra if to dry)

Heat over low heat until everything has melted and then use as a sauce or glaze

This is great for ham, chicken or turkey :)

Eva, I want a traditional NZ recipe!

Hangi! No recipe........make a fire, put rocks on fire, dig hole, put food in hole (pork,mutton,potatoes,pumpkin) cover with wet muslin & huge ass leaves, pile super hot rocks on top, cover with dirt, wait 6 hours, dig up & eat! lol

Ok, here's one; linguine and clam sauce

All of my recipes are for 4 people, so adjust as you need.

1.5 lbs little neck clams in shell (canned baby clams if all else fails)
1 lemon
1/3 of a bottle of dry white wine
garlic
hot red pepper flakes
flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper
1 box of linguine

Sautee 4-6 cloves of garlic in olive oil until fragrant and add the clams; put a lid on the pan and let the clams go for about 3 minutes; pour the wine over the clams and put the lid back on the pan until the clams open (if they don't open, throw the effers out!); add the cooked pasta to the clams and let the pasta absorb some of the liquid; squeeze the lemon over it and season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes; garnish with parsley.

If you are a purist, you can follow the no cheese and seafood rule, but we put cheese on all of our pasta.

Crystal....Do you ever go to Brunetti cafe in Carleton? Omg! We spent A LOT of time there when we were in Melbourne....Mmmmmmmm....

No I haven't..but we have been to Carleton quite a few times..lovely place. I'll write it down and we'll check it out, we're always looking to try different places

No I haven't..but we have been to Carleton quite a few times..lovely place. I'll write it down and we'll check it out, we're always looking to try different places

Yes! I'm so jealous! It's an institution there....surprised you have not been yet...

Melbourne has an uncommonly large population of attractive people....don't you think? It's a bit strange....

Yes! I'm so jealous! It's an institution there....surprised you have not been yet...

Melbourne has an uncommonly large population of attractive people....don't you think? It's a bit strange....

We've been to Carleton a few times but I don't think we've explored a lot :) Melbourne does have a large population of nice looking people, they also have a large population of tall people..I don't think I've seen so many tall women that are 6 feet and over,lol but yep some lookers :)

Mine is a healthy recipe as I'm currently at a slimming club :)

Serves: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook time: 35-40 minutes

Ingredients:
454g/1lb skinned, boned chicken breast fillets
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsps canned coconut milk
½ cucumber, cut into thin strips

For the Satay Sauce
28g/1oz roasted peanuts
½ tsp salt
142ml/¼ pt coconut milk
1 level tsp curry paste
1 level tsp brown sugar
squeeze of lemon juice

1. Cut the chicken into 5cm/2in long strips and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle over the salt, turmeric, coriander and cumin. Add the coconut milk and turn the chicken in this spicy marinade mixture so that it is completely coated. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave in a cool place or the refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate.

2. Make the satay sauce. Pound the peanuts and salt to a paste in a mortar, or grind them in an electric grinder.

3. Put the coconut milk and curry paste in a saucepan and stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the peanut mixture, sugar and lemon juice, and simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened. Cool.

4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto wooden or bamboo skewers. Cook on a barbecue or under a preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with leftover marinade. Serve with the peanut sauce and strips of cucumber.

I made Macwooly's Mac N Cheese. Very yummy sauce. I chickened out and made it with ham instead of bacon. I also did half fat cheese and whole weat pasta. It was still divine!

I never got past the roux on Wooly's recipe, lol

I never got past the roux on Wooly's recipe, lol

Just buy a cheese sauce packet mix and make as per the instructions as it's a lot easier then just add a little flavouring and extra cheese to the sauce :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->