Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

hello ladies, sorry to hear some off you are having really CRAP treatment!!!!

I referred my self to liverpool and had no trouble i just said that my consultant was..... and that she had given me leaflet on it with contacts !!

I could not be considered for the trail as i was to OLD!!!!!!!! (If one more person says that i will hit them) but they agreed to do it privately which was expensive £500 i then persuaded my consultant to prescribe treatment when i next get pregnant!.

From experience of 7mc im sorry but i have learnt to bend the truth, negotiate, and in the extreme out and out lie!!!! I should feel bad as i have worked for the nhs for 23 years, but i have often had crap treatment iand i will do anything to get to my goal. Tread carefully ladies and play them at their own game thats what i say.......sorry if i offend, i must sound very bitter, but i just want my baby!

After what you have been through sweetie I would bend the truth too... I hope that the trial and the treatment prescribed by your consultant works wonders. You deserve it xx:hugs:

Totally, you do what you need to do cocochannel, and don't feel bad about it! Best wishes.

cocochannel, someone has to look out for our own best interests. Good luck to you!

cocochannel - how old you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 37.
I'm glad you are working the system - I'm defo up for trying to get what we need!

thanks ladies well not heard back from the female doctor yet so i guess she doesnt want to refer me either. though saying that my phone has been switched off this morning as i cant find my charger grrr!!! i arent sure what days she works i know shes in on the firday so maybe she might ring then but not holding my breath.

hope everyone is well.x

Defo follow it up with a phone call Babytots! Good luck!

thanks tansey i will if i dont hear anything by tomorow. x

Yeah, babytots, keep pushing for that referral. You could even switch GP practices! It just adds to the stress of it all having to deal with this stuff on top of the actual problem! Hope you get a better response soon.

Have a good weekend ladies.

hey ladies just a quick update. the receptionist from my doctors rang me yesterday and asked if i had a referral through for the pre-pregnancy unit as the doctor wanted to know but i haven't heard from them. so she said i should come in on monday to find out why and also discuss my letter about the trials. so fingers crossed shes willing to refer me.

have my scan on tuesday too. thinking of ringing my consultants receptionist and find out if it would be possible to get the results from that and the hormone tests any earlier then the app i have at the end of nov. surely the results cant take 8 weeks to come through? and i would rather know the results before i get a bfp then after just incase there is something wrong.

hope everyone else is well. x

hi babytots

when I had my two week internal scan after my natural miscarriage; the lady decided to scan my ovaries (which begs the question why my GP could not refer me for a scan like that) and all was fine; I still have had messed up hormones for years though so am going to go for the hormonal blood tests anyway as not everyone with PCOS has cysts; or even if its not PCOS it may be something else; when everything has come out (a tiny piece is 'retained' hopefully it comes away soon). I don't see why they can't tell you your results before your appointment; they may want to explain them properly during your appointment but if you do a little disclaimer that you're not really going to do anything with your results but just want to know them; I don't see why not...

Soph x

hey ladies just a quick update. the receptionist from my doctors rang me yesterday and asked if i had a referral through for the pre-pregnancy unit as the doctor wanted to know but i haven't heard from them. so she said i should come in on monday to find out why and also discuss my letter about the trials. so fingers crossed shes willing to refer me.

have my scan on tuesday too. thinking of ringing my consultants receptionist and find out if it would be possible to get the results from that and the hormone tests any earlier then the app i have at the end of nov. surely the results cant take 8 weeks to come through? and i would rather know the results before i get a bfp then after just incase there is something wrong.

hope everyone else is well. x

I got my GP to phone my consultant for the results explaining that I like to keep a record of all my test results as I often see alternative therapist who ask what tests I've had and what the results were. I then went in to collect the print out. I'd try that. :hugs: xx

Babytots - I called up my consultant's office for my last mc tests (the genetic tests that take forever) and she asked me if I wanted her to send a copy to my GP and she did by email. My GP was open to printing them out for me. I stupidly thought they would copy my GP in straight away but they don't. :hugs:

I like your style Peach Blossom ;)

Babytots - I called up my consultant's office for my last mc tests (the genetic tests that take forever) and she asked me if I wanted her to send a copy to my GP and she did by email. My GP was open to printing them out for me. I stupidly thought they would copy my GP in straight away but they don't. :hugs:

Hehe... Was actually even sneakier than that.... I had blood tests done on the NHS after last mc for everything (10 vials!)... I then got the results and took them to a private FS... saved me £600! And about 6 months! :blush:

I'm still waiting for my post op appointment, it's been 3 weeks on Tues and even though they said see you in 6weeks I still thought i would have heard by now!
I'm waiting to OV - it's CD11 and not even a hint of a line on the opks but i used to ov cd15/16 so there's still time.

Hehe... Was actually even sneakier than that.... I had blood tests done on the NHS after last mc for everything (10 vials!)... I then got the results and took them to a private FS... saved me £600! And about 6 months! :blush:

now thats what i call working the system:thumbup:.....go girls!

Hi ladies, how're you all doing? Hope you're well.

No news from me, except that the progesterone supplements that I'm on seem to have cured my PMS, hurray! And have been getting some exercise, as after the miscarriages I got into a really negative thing with eating really unhealthily and now can't fit into loads of clothes, argh. Think am on the right track health-wise now though.

To those of you dealing with the nasty health service - keep going and keep working that system!

hey ladies thought would bump our thread up and see how everyone is doing.

made quite a bit of progress since i last posted.

firstly went and saw a nice doc who referred me to liverpool and just waiting to hear back from them. cant understand why the first time i went i was turned down probably because the doctor was male :hissy:

had scan last week all is fine and looking normal. she even told me what side i was going to ovulate from and when. though she got it wrong according to the scan she said i would ovulate at the weekend but nothing yet :( no + opk got ewcm last night so thought maybe get my + opk today but its negative.

so wondering whats going on with my body now if a follicle is maturing but not releasing the egg. last cycle i had spotting and ewcm around the time i usually ovulate for me not to ovulate and then went on to 10 days later so can see it happening again this cycle :(

heard from the pre-pregnancy unit have an apt for the 17th of november hopefully i will havbe my bfp by then but if not its something positive to focus on for the next cycle.

sure theres something else too but cant think what it is lol.

peach i will definately ask my g.p about my results and see if she could get them for me. i did ask in my complaint ages ago how to get my rcm results but they never got back to me about it. going to see if i can bring my appt with her forward to the begining of november i can't see them wanting to do much else if the results of the hormone tests are normal since its the last of the tests they can offer me hence going to the pre-pregnancy unit.

i guess we shall wait and see :D

tansey have you rang them to ask if an app has been made for you yet i would have thought they would of got in contact with you by now. when are you due to ov hunni?

smiler glad the prgesterone is helping you with your pms looks like it has another benefit when taking it :D good luck with the exercise i did and am still doing the same as you did since jessica i have been comfort eating and scoffing far too many cookies and cakes and stodgy food. after xmas has been and gone i am going to start eating healither well unless i get my bfp before then as i will start eating healthier for the baby.

anyways rambled on enough now lol. x

Smiler glad that the progesterone supplements seem to have cured PMS! :yipee: and i think that exercise does the world of good for your mood :thumbup:

Babytots so glad the female doc referred you and that you have an appointment on the 17th - hopefully you'll have your BFP so won't need it! :dust:

I rang the consultants secretary and have an appointment for next wed - which is great coz it is before i start my new job in a different area and i should know whether I have a BFP that day. DH is away with work :( but mum is hoping to come with me so that i have another set of ears to report back to DH and on here.

I thought I hadn't OV'd coz i got a smiley face on OPK but my temps have been rubbish but they've settled down now and also my body feels like i'm in the 2ww - well 1ww now. My (0)(0) are really tender so that's always a good sign that the hormones are doing what they are supposed to. even had a 8dpo dip today! Wish me luck coz good things are starting to happen slowly for me now.

Hope you all are well :hugs2: and :dust:

Started spotting yesterday - am gutted and can't get my head round the fact that i'm not preggo :( I think I thought the op would be a miracle cure and I would get lucky straight away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->