reflux...... is anyone elsse suffering ?

rewizz

Reaction score
35weeks and my throat and gullet are burning up ... (yep gaviscon) heart burn....
now i keep getting this feeling that i have a lump stuck in my throat and all of a sudden ..i'm being sick ... the same if i have anything to eat ... it doesn't even get to my digestive system and blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,,,,
to add insult to injury when i wretch i wet myself too .... ;-:)cry:
please tell me i'm not the one????

im the exact same without the wetting myself bit! and its at random times throughout the day/night, not just after i eat or anything. its gonna be SUCH a novelty once i have this little puppy and i wont be burning up all day every day!

You're not the only one. I have really bad sickness and acid all the time which makes me sick too. Sometimes it wakes me in the night choking on it. I have been making extra effort to do my pelvic floors with all my being sick but I do sometimes have to consciously squeeze them when I'm puking really badly to stop me peeing myself :hugs: xx

have you tired milk or ice cream? i had this really REALLY bad in 2nd tri and this really helpd.xx

oh goodness, i had AWFUL reflux when i was pregnant. I used to go through one of those massive bottles of gaviscon per week, by the time i got to third tri nothing else would help!

I'm the same, the acid makes me cough so bad I'm sick, it makes no difference what I eat, how much I eat when I eat, if I don't eat it just burns 24/7. Gaviscon make me feel sick evertime I have it and only works for about 1/2hour. Night is the worst I wake up all the time (if I can get to sleep) I have blisters on the back of my throat and I have 12 weeks left to go - if this bean is like us I have 14 weeks to go as we are alway late!!!!!!

x

Milk is great but it is adding to my congestion and again only works for a limited time!!!!

Sometimes it wakes me in the night choking on it.

Isn't this just the worst?!?!? And not just choking on it, but the swallowing and instant burn all the way back down as well!!! I have found that chewing gum during the day helps me a lot, and it has cut back on the amount of Tums I need to take tremendously... but at night, I have no line of defense!

have you tried Zantac? One morning and one at night?
x

have you tired milk or ice cream? i had this really REALLY bad in 2nd tri and this really helpd.xx

iced cream to help heartburn??? :happydance: :happydance: well that's just fantastic - I'm gonna give it a shot :D

Sometimes it wakes me in the night choking on it.

Isn't this just the worst?!?!? And not just choking on it, but the swallowing and instant burn all the way back down as well!!! I have found that chewing gum during the day helps me a lot, and it has cut back on the amount of Tums I need to take tremendously... but at night, I have no line of defense!

I hate it. My doc has prescribed me some tablets that are meant to stop my stomach making so much acid but they only seem to work to a degree, so I still get heartburn all the time xx

OOOOOOOoooooooooo thanks for your advice..... i guess i have to stop moaning and deal with it .. just fed up with wasting lovely meals to throw it all back up again.....
ooops off i go again ...wheres my tablets,,,,

have you tried Zantac? One morning and one at night?
x

I was told by GP and also by Boots pharmacist that this shouldn't be taken during pregnancy as they really don't know about the side effects. xx

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003829.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->