S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

"Walkers allow children, many of whom are not yet crawling or walking, to be mobile," explains Bridget Clementi, Injury Prevention Manager at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. In other words, the walker lets your carefree baby explore a world in which she does not yet fully appreciate the dangers. Once mobile, she might be able to touch a hot oven, reach housecleaners, pull at electricity cords, or even plunge down stairs.

thats a quote from online
so I'm unsure about them, but I think if you watch your child they are fine.

what age are they in walkers from is it about 5-6months?
i like the walkers.. but i certainly wouldnt put LO in a walker upstairs!

got backachee :(

i can only go by when my niece was in a walker she was never left unattended and we always kept her away from dangerous things like you would when they can walk. i think theyre only dangerous if you leave them on there own which i can't imagine anyone doing

All of those things that could happen to baby in the walker could happen when they actually learn to walk on their own too :dohh: And a two year is much more likely to be curious and go exploring in the cupboards than a six month old lol In my opinion there is nothing wrong with them, as long as you take the normal precautions with "baby proofing" your house, cabinet locks where you have dangerous chemicals, stove gaurds etc.

My FOB asked yesterday if there's anything we still need that he can buy..
FFS it's been HOW many months and my parents have shoveled out probably over $3000 so far towards this baby and he JUST NOW realizes he needs to start paying for this kid too?!
ughhh i was ranting at FOB the other day about how useless hes been and was like "bought anything yet????" and he was like "what do you need?" and i was like well nothing im due in like a month ive got everything and he was like "there you go then, if you needed something i'd get it"
:grr:

he just makes me mad, I wonder if he ever thinks of Quintin or if he even knows Quintin was born.
i always wonder this.. how can they NOT?! :shrug: its crazy, if all the roles were reversed and i knew i had a baby on the way even if it was with someone i had no contact with anymore......... youd still think about it all the time.. surely? maybe guys are just really different to us or maybe they just have no feelings :cry:

for the girls in the US, are you gonig to get your LO walkers?
they are illegal in canada,but I know lots of people whop just go to the US and get one (buffalo, new york is like half hour away)
they said something about them being bad for babies' hip joints or something at my antenatal class but i think thats only if you leave them in them like all day lol.

i donno if you can get them off ebay, I live real close to the US anyway..

My mom had my brother with a guy and he left her, he went on to have a few other children with a different woman and get married and such, How could some men love some of their children and not others? :( My step dad loves his DD but has an older son who he never seen, i dont understand.

i wanna know what was said in the chatroom but im guessing because a thread about it was locked its not allowed or something?

best not 2 talk about it, dont want this thread 2 be locked ..

oohhh
men are just another creature from some other planet!

Oh really?? My mom wants to move out of state, she says just for a change of scenery but I think it's partially to keep FOB away from bubs, but Missouri is one of the two places she's been thinking about. She's found some really nice houses in Sikeston but Idk if I want to move that far away lol Have you looked at the Rainforest swing for your jungle theme?? Sorry, went to babies r'us the other day with my sister and looked at EVERYTHING haha I hope it works out with your house. Sounds like it would have a lovely room for Riley!
And my mom's idea of "right outside" or next door is usually much more far off than others :haha: I really want to go! We went a few years ago and I loved it but I don't think I can make it :cry: I guess I'll just have to go when LO get's here.
Where you do live now?
Missouri's OK.. I've never been down in the boothill part but once you get down south of like Jefferson City it just gets scary with all the high-class christian hillbillies! (Not saying the rest of the state isn't full of rednecks but once you get down near Arkansas.. It's just scary :shock:)
It's really pretty down there that's down near the area with all the swamps and stuff :shrug:

And yeah I looked at the "Giraffe" one as they call it but like I said it's out of stock online and I don't think it's one you can plug in..

i donno if you can get them off ebay, I live real close to the US anyway..

My mom had my brother with a guy and he left her, he went on to have a few other children with a different woman and get married and such, How could some men love some of their children and not others? :( My step dad loves his DD but has an older son who he never seen, i dont understand.

Oh I know, I don't know how they sleep at night!
My brother has a different dad.. He hit my mom once and so she immediately packed her things and left..
It was before he was born and I think he only saw him like once after he was born and just like completely disappeared out of his life.. My brother's almost 23 and he never tried to contact him or anything :growlmad: (Which isn't all that bad seeing how from what my mom says the guy was a douche)
But she mentioned something about him having another family some where else and is involved in their lives :shrug:

i remember you saying your brother has a different dad.
if I had more children out there I would want to see them all the time. I couldnt live with myself if I didnt.

I always thought this was a male thing but my sisters mom isnt in her life. (my sister is my mothers husbands so she really isnt my sister by blood)

i could never imagine not having anything to do with my LO it would be like handing her over when shes born i just couldnt do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->