Santa baby brought me a BFP for Christmas! Updated cycle buddy thread

Hi everyone :) I am currently on CD16. This is our first official month of trying after coming off birth control at the end of October. Have never used OPK's before but thinking of investing in some . Just trying to BD every second day , started from day CD9. Before birth control AF was around 28-29 days long , so will see what it goes back to. Wishing everyone all the best. If af doesn't show will test on the 18th as going on our belated honeymoon!!! :)

Hello ladies! Can I join you?

This is mine and my OH's first month NTNP. I'm currently on CD5 (got AF Dec. 1st). I try to keep track of CM to tell when I ovulate, but that's about it. We're trying a really relaxed approach to TTC at first. :thumbup: My cycles average 35 days, so I should ovulate right around Christmas.

Good luck and :dust: to everyone!

Helloo :) Should be Ovulating this weekend, but as this is only my second cycle since stopping breastfeeding I can't say for sure!
I think it is closer than that. Started testing yesterday an the line is already quite dark! So Going to start "trying" tonight I think :) IF we get lucky we will know by xmas eve!

I still have no dark line but I am getting the stretchy wet cm and crampy feelings, so we had sex this morning, just in case, again!

Hi ladies! So my SMEP plans kind of fell through yesterday. I was certain my man would be super tired after a busy 12 hour long first day at his new job... I was so wrong :dohh: He was ready to get it on last night and I kept slyly trying to dodge his advances but eventually gave in. He was concerned because I never ever turn him down so I ended up sharing my SMEP plans with him and apologized for making him feel unwanted. He was completely fine with my intentions and even apologized for screwing it up :haha: He said we could continue with SMEP this cycle but I'm not sure if we should BD today as I planned or skip today and BD every other day starting tomorrow or if I should just wait to try it next cycle :shrug: I'm supposed to start my OPK today until I get a + then BD three days in a row... sure he will be perfectly fine with that :blush: I tried explaining to him that his :spermy: need a day in between to replenish and perhaps we are :sex: TOO much!

I still have no dark line but I am getting the stretchy wet cm and crampy feelings, so we had sex this morning, just in case, again!

I haven't really noticed EWCM... but I do get those crampy feelings around O time! I have been using Preseed just as added assurance. FX you catch that eggy!!!

Helloo :) Should be Ovulating this weekend, but as this is only my second cycle since stopping breastfeeding I can't say for sure!
I think it is closer than that. Started testing yesterday an the line is already quite dark! So Going to start "trying" tonight I think :) IF we get lucky we will know by xmas eve!

FX for you! A Christmas Eve :bfp: would be amazing!

Hey ladies, would love to join! This is the first cycle that DH & I are hardcore TTC. We've just been kinda NTNP since July. I finally got a regular cycle (usually its been just 3 days long) this past month, so I'm taking it as a sign! I'm due for af the 27th, but will probably test Christmas day. Good luck & baby dust to all!

Yay! Lots of December ladies! The more the *merrier*... pun intended :haha:

Hi, I am O'ing either today or tomorrow so will begin testing on the 13th! Hope everyone gets their :bfp: this month

Jessilou I used OPK for the first time during my June/July cycle. Along with BBT charting I love the added assurance that O day is approaching! I don't really care much for the OPK strips... I bought store brand digis that show either a circle or smiley and it's so much easier :thumbup: FX you get a belated honeymoon surprise!

:hi: Thanks for joining princess! FX you catch that eggy!!! Keep us updated!

Perhaps I should be super organized and add everyone's name to the initial thread, maybe along with any extra methods we are using to help increase our chances (medications, timing, products, vitamins, etc.) and can put our December results in? Hoping some, if not ALL, of us get a special Christmas surprise :winkwink:

Hey all I'm currently cd6! ttc baby number 2! Had mc in July so last month was our first ttc! I did otk on day 11 and it was +so we bd that nite and next day! I didn't think I was going to o til day 13 or 14 but ended up getting af on day 25! So we hadn't bd before ovulation....I'm kind of new to all this as baby number 1 just happened!! I figure with early ovulation we hadn't bd enough? Advice? Currently cd6 and planning lots more bd this month! When? Going to do otk from cd10? Is it better to test in morning or evening n how many times daily??

Hey all I'm currently cd6! ttc baby number 2! Had mc in July so last month was our first ttc! I did otk on day 11 and it was +so we bd that nite and next day! I didn't think I was going to o til day 13 or 14 but ended up getting af on day 25! So we hadn't bd before ovulation....I'm kind of new to all this as baby number 1 just happened!! I figure with early ovulation we hadn't bd enough? Advice? Currently cd6 and planning lots more bd this month! When? Going to do otk from cd10? Is it better to test in morning or evening n how many times daily??

Hi Ann! Very sorry to hear of your mc :hugs: I think your + OPK on CD11 could mean O on CD12-14 of a 24 day cycle so you had a 10-12 day luteal phase, hopefully closer to 12. I have O'd as early as CD13 and have a constant 12 day LP. How long does your menses last? I would suggest BD every other day shortly after :af: subsides and starting OPK around CD9 and when you get your first + OPK be sure to BD that day if you haven't and the next day or two if you can to make sure you've covered all your optimal fertile days. Most OPKs recommend testing once around the same time in the afternoon/evening, however I've read that some women test twice, once earlier in the day and once later that day. I have used store brand stick OPKs as well as store brand digi OPKs, which are much easier to read and only test once in the afternoon. I would also recommend BBT charting if you can manage to take your temp around the same time every morning. It will ensure your O day along with your OPK results. It definitely helped me identify my typical fertile window and luteal phase. Hope this helps! GL!!!

I'm out this month, AF showed today. Pleased to be on cd1 again as I knew I was out!

Onwards and upwards! Xx

Oh no, sorry to see the :witch: got you Mrsmac! That's how I was starting this current cycle, I just knew I was out from the get go so I was ready for yet another cycle. I'm CD13 today, hoping I get a smiley OPK this evening!

I'm cd 14 I think. (my ticker is wrong though lol )
I don't ovulate until Cd18, I had a very near positive, One where you have to spend ages trying to figure out of if neg because it is so dark. So I am confident I will ovulate between now and wednesday! Fingers crossed :)

Sorry this month you didn't get your bfp mrsmac.

good luck to everyone still in for this month.

Af is due xmas day.... that's going to suck :/

Rhi aren't those stick OPKs so confusing?! I used up all of mine 2 cycles ago but have some leftover digis I'm currently using. I'm actually going to be taking my lunch break right now and stopping home to test real quick since I haven't used to restroom for 4 hours and haven't drank anything since this morning. CD13 for me and I'm really thinking I'll get a smiley today :thumbup:

This is my 3rd cycle TTC, i had my AF on the 2nd (was bummed), so able to test again this month on the 30th. Been taking Prenatals,I started drinking a glass of 100% unconcentrated Grapefruit Juice once a day (heard it helps with cm), also started temping and will be buying OPKs, also have an app on my phone that helps predict when ovulation should hit based on my previous cycles. Thinking about purchasing PreSeed also, anyone use that and have a review to give?? Hoping to ring in the new year with surprising news!!

Ginger I am currently using Preseed and am pleased with it, however it hasn't given me a :bfp: yet. I've seen some great reviews on it and I personally like the product consistency over other lubricants. GL to you!!!

So I was right and got my smiley!:happydance: If my photos attached, the one is of my OPK progression. L-R is CD10-13, with CD13 being my first +

Attachments

• 20141208_133114-1.jpg
    20141208_133114-1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20141208_133010-1.jpg
    20141208_133010-1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2
This is my 3rd cycle TTC, i had my AF on the 2nd (was bummed), so able to test again this month on the 30th. Been taking Prenatals,I started drinking a glass of 100% unconcentrated Grapefruit Juice once a day (heard it helps with cm), also started temping and will be buying OPKs, also have an app on my phone that helps predict when ovulation should hit based on my previous cycles. Thinking about purchasing PreSeed also, anyone use that and have a review to give?? Hoping to ring in the new year with surprising news!!

I was reading your TTC journal and wasn't sure if I should post on there or not... but I totally agree about thinking you knew everything then when it comes to TTC you open up a whole new world of info you didn't realize about your body and the "science" of it! I already have 2 kids and had NO idea about luteal phase, cervical mucus & position, fertile window, basal body temperature, ovulation kits, etc. etc. etc. :dohh: Just recently I learned about SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) but my man wasn't cooperating for that! This will be our first child together and with my children being a bit older it's just as exciting for me all over again as if it was my very first! GL to you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->