Santa baby brought me a BFP for Christmas! Updated cycle buddy thread

Rhi aren't those stick OPKs so confusing?! I used up all of mine 2 cycles ago but have some leftover digis I'm currently using. I'm actually going to be taking my lunch break right now and stopping home to test real quick since I haven't used to restroom for 4 hours and haven't drank anything since this morning. CD13 for me and I'm really thinking I'll get a smiley today :thumbup:

They are a nightmare! but It would cost a fortune to pee on the digital ones as much as I would like too :haha:

I think If it takes more than two cycles (this is my first) then I will invest in one of them clearblue monitors. Last time I got really annoyed after nothing for two cycles ( I'm super impatient) and I was just about to order one when I got my BFP. :happydance:

This is my 3rd cycle TTC, i had my AF on the 2nd (was bummed), so able to test again this month on the 30th. Been taking Prenatals,I started drinking a glass of 100% unconcentrated Grapefruit Juice once a day (heard it helps with cm), also started temping and will be buying OPKs, also have an app on my phone that helps predict when ovulation should hit based on my previous cycles. Thinking about purchasing PreSeed also, anyone use that and have a review to give?? Hoping to ring in the new year with surprising news!!

I was reading your TTC journal and wasn't sure if I should post on there or not... but I totally agree about thinking you knew everything then when it comes to TTC you open up a whole new world of info you didn't realize about your body and the "science" of it! I already have 2 kids and had NO idea about luteal phase, cervical mucus & position, fertile window, basal body temperature, ovulation kits, etc. etc. etc. :dohh: Just recently I learned about SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) but my man wasn't cooperating for that! This will be our first child together and with my children being a bit older it's just as exciting for me all over again as if it was my very first! GL to you!!!

I did not think anyone read my journal! LOL i figured i was just talking to myself in them. its nice to see someone read it :) I figured i would try Preseed to make sure i have certain areas taken care of, and temping/OPK to get ovulation on point.FX for us both!! i will probably buy digis because im new to OPKs and im afraid the sticks would completely throw me off and confuse me. AHHHH there are so many options!

Yes digis are super nice! As you can see in my previous post they eliminate any guesswork :thumbup: I thought I had a store brand digi but turns out it's Clearblue brand. It came with alot of strips and I've used it for a few cycles since I have an idea of when I'm close to ovulating.

Rhi I'm super impatient too! Now that I have a + OPK I wish I could just skip the 2WW and get to POAS :brat:

Looks like tonight as i am out i will probably go ahead and get Clearblue digi OPK along with some preseed. IM GOING ALL THE WAY THIS CYCLE! well... i mean... theoretically i am going "all the way" but i mean all the way with the scientific stuff! hahahaha. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS BE IT!

Haha Ginger! I wasn't going to share my + OPK result with my partner but thankfully he asked afffter the horizontal polka this evening. I was afraid he'd feel added pressure to, uh, perform successfully :blush: But he was super happy that we can now BD for days and days in a row without skipping any (not that we were really skipping anyways!). I even managed to use some Preseed again, which will now make 3x with and 2x without. Still debating whether I want to temp for a few days starting tomorrow morning or not. Really really really hoping this is my month and FX and :dust: for all my fellow December cycle ladies!

I went to the store and couldn't find any preseed! i will be going to other places in the next couple of days to check, bf has no idea I bought OPKs. I want this to really be a surprise as much as i can even tho he is hoping for a little bundle of awesomeness soon alsoI just told him to be ready when i say "lets go!"

I'm out! simply because my opk was positive (ish) yesterday and put it this way If I get pregnant this Christmas it will be biblical. ughhhh

Hi ladies :)

DH and I are on cycle #4 of TTC baby #2. I should ovulate any day now. Is anyone else worried about having a BFN and being really depressed for Christmas? I'll most likely be about 12-14dpo. Last month, I waited until 11dpo to test on Thanksgiving and it was BFN. I was so sad and in a bad mood all day :( I'm so afraid of this happening again. I absolutely love Christmas and I'm scared that I'll be devastated on a day that should be a happy occasion.

To make matters worse, I'll have to be around my niece who is about 3 months old and my nephew who just turned 1 year, so seeing babies will NOT make things easier. I basically had to avoid them on Thanksgiving because I didn't even want to be around them :nope:

DH said that maybe I should just resist testing until after Christmas, but I know myself and I won't be able to wait. I'll always have that hope that WHAT IF we really did get that Christmas miracle... it would be SO special to know for Christmas. Part of me wonders whether we should just skip TTC this month to avoid the whole issue, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Does anyone else feel this way? If you get a BFN for Christmas, what will you do to cheer yourself up? I'm trying to think of things that will help me handle the potential bad news and get through the day. If anyone has advice that would be so helpful! :)

Pedi I never really thought of that :shrug: I suppose I would feel bad NOT trying this cycle, like I wasted an opportunity, as well as feel bad if I did try and got a :bfn:. I guess I was hoping that the holiday time would keep my mind off of the disappointment. I know it's extra discouraging when you see that other women are getting :bfp:, are pregnant, having baby showers or have a new baby. My ex husband and his gf just had a "surprise" baby 2 months ago and here I am really trying. It's so depressing :cry: If I miraculously got a :bfp: this month I would absolutely force myself to stay quiet until I could come up with a cute way to share the news with my partner. There's so many ways to go about it! I saw this yesterday on TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPQ9GblRJc

So cute! I would do something Christmas themed, of course. I better stop, as I'm getting myself all anxious and excited over nothing.

I'm at CD14 today. Ended up taking my temp, it was 96.63 but I forgot to do it when my partner's alarm initially went off at 2am and finally remembered after he hit the snooze button a few times :dohh: I suppose since I got a + OPK yesterday there's no need to test anymore. Going to BD today and tomorrow - I'm sure he will have no problems with that - and then for sure again on CD17 but I'm sure he will want to BD on CD16 as well :blush:

Ginger I got my Preseed at Target. Aww Rhi do you think you missed O? Was your first + yesterday, because you could still have time! It's difficult sometimes, depending on what time you catch a + and then getting the man to cooperate in addition to hectic/differing schedules :wacko:

Did my first OPK this AM and not ready yet to have fun ;) my sleeping is awful i really hope it doesnt mess up my temping :( i just wake up so much throughout the night sometimes that im like "AHHHH I GIVE UP" lol. sticking too it tho! I am ready for this to be my month!

PediNurse: I was to of tested on the 5th but AF came early (on the 2nd) so i was bummed to not be able to have a christmas surprise, however it being so early in the month i am able to test again this month on the 30th, so i am crossing my fingers and toes that i can ring in the new years with a big surprise... if not i will once again be bummed like usual. I decided to buy OPKs, started Temping, drinking 100% gfj, been taking my prenatals and hoping to buy some preseed so HOPEFULLY with all these combined i get a sticky bean. trying to stay positive and not think to much about it, which is hard .

Pedi I never really thought of that :shrug: I suppose I would feel bad NOT trying this cycle, like I wasted an opportunity, as well as feel bad if I did try and got a :bfn:. I guess I was hoping that the holiday time would keep my mind off of the disappointment. I know it's extra discouraging when you see that other women are getting :bfp:, are pregnant, having baby showers or have a new baby. My ex husband and his gf just had a "surprise" baby 2 months ago and here I am really trying. It's so depressing :cry: If I miraculously got a :bfp: this month I would absolutely force myself to stay quiet until I could come up with a cute way to share the news with my partner. There's so many ways to go about it! I saw this yesterday on TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPQ9GblRJc So cute! I would do something Christmas themed, of course. I better stop, as I'm getting myself all anxious and excited over nothing :dohh:

I'm at CD14 today. I suppose since I got a + OPK yesterday there's no need to test anymore. Going to BD today and tomorrow - I'm sure he will have no problems with that - and then for sure again on CD17 but I'm sure he will want to BD on CD16 as well :blush:

Aww Rhi do you think you missed O? Was your first + yesterday, because you could still have time! It's difficult sometimes, depending on what time you catch a + and then getting the man to cooperate in addition to hectic/differing schedules :wacko:

Even with all my BFNs i have been looking at ways to surprise my bf.. he is very observant and can instantly feel when things are "off" so i have to really be on my game with this... i thought id open tampons/pads and put them in the trash so it looks like i started, then when im ready i would do something really cute. i have a list in a secret folder on my computer with ideas ive seen or thought of lol. I AM SO READY TO DO THESE IDEAS!! ahhhhhh

Ahh that's a great idea, throwing some "supplies" away so it seems like :af: came :thumbup: My man is very observant as well and I can't keep anything from him. Even if I tried to throw him off, he would just know by my behavior or attitude I'm sure!

So this is really terrible, but we got my son a telescope/microscope set for Christmas and I was joking around about taking it out of the box before I wrap it up and examining a "sample" from my partner using the microscope :haha: Just wanna make sure his :spermy: are OK :thumbup: I think I'll leave it to professionals :winkwink:

Ahh that's a great idea, throwing some "supplies" away so it seems like :af: came :thumbup: My man is very observant as well and I can't keep anything from him. Even if I tried to throw him off, he would just know by my behavior or attitude I'm sure!

So this is really terrible, but we got my son a telescope/microscope set for Christmas and I was joking around about taking it out of the box before I wrap it up and examining a "sample" from my partner using the microscope :haha: Just wanna make sure his :spermy: are OK :thumbup: I think I'll leave it to professionals :winkwink:

I am going to TRY MY BEST to not act weird or different... try is the key word. He works long shifts so ill have most the day to myself to regroup and focus. with my luck he will be off work the day i find out. I may have to look at myself in the mirror and give myself a talk to keep cool, calm, and collected. "DONT RUIN THIS!! YOU GOT THIS!!" hahahaha oh my gosh i laughed hard at the "sample"! that is something i would think of, I love it!! if you decide too, make sure you clean it really good afterwards, i would hate for there to be a Christmas question as to why there are weird stains on some of it. :ROFL: maybe we should have a get together so i can get a sample of my bf and we could have a little coffee and view the army! the images rolling through my head have me cracking up.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Ginger yes an "army examination date" sounds productive! There's also a really expensive microscope at my workplace with slides and I'd being lying if I said the thought hasn't seriously crossed my mind... How awkward would I feel smuggling :spermy: into work?! :laugh2:

To be completely honest, it would of crossed my mind... get a needless syringe and suck those "army hopefuls" up in the syringe from a cup and put it in your pocket... go in say your "good morning" or "afternoon", check your surroundings and GO GO GO! make it like you are a spy, OHH sounds so intense. I WANT TO BE THE LOOKOUT!

I'm not into any of that "announcement stuff " I just think people would be like zzzzzz "yeah congrats" ahaha depends on your friends and family though i suppose lol

Rhi I guess it depends on WHO you are telling. I know my partner would be over the moon and super excited and emotional. His mom would be pretty excited as well. And I'm sure his grandparents would be excited too. My family... not so much :nope:

To be completely honest, it would of crossed my mind... get a needless syringe and suck those "army hopefuls" up in the syringe from a cup and put it in your pocket... go in say your "good morning" or "afternoon", check your surroundings and GO GO GO! make it like you are a spy, OHH sounds so intense. I WANT TO BE THE LOOKOUT!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You've got me crackin' up over here!!!

Bf and my family would be ecstatic and i think some of his family would be too... as far as other people I'm sure it would be "oh how cute! you would be a great mom, congrats, GL!" there are only a few people i rather tell and experience this awesome time with.

Now... if I could only get a flippin' :bfp: so I have some good news to share with people instead of fantasizing over it. After two instant conceptions, I honestly did not expect to be 7 cycles in with this :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->