Santa's Grotto???

I will check out the range when their selection comes out, I definitely want to see it in person. I don't want anything sparse like the last one we had and hoping we could get one to last a good few years.

Any Christmas tree recommendations?, We need a new one this year not sure the best shops to look in. I want fake that will last years.

Have you looked in The Range . We got a beautiful 6ft tree two years ago. Branches are thick and looks full . Will try and post a picture .

I’m wanting a new tree for the girls this year . The one they have is terrible branches are so thin and doesn’t look full at all

Sorry just seen your post about The Range

They have some really nice
Christmas bits and bobs

Have a look at the Balmoral 6ft tree. I think that’s my one

We got our tree last year from Christmas tree world. A 6ft tree and it's absolutely lovely. I can't wait to put it back up again in approx 3 months woohoo!

So glad to see this thread, I'm hoping to start my shopping when dd goes back to school nx week, I always say I'm not going mad but end up over spending in the end, but this year I am going to try and cut down on toys as dd has way too many and ends up playing with the same ones most of the time, this year she is looking for a big Sylvanian family house, I'd better start saving, its €125 in Smyths, and no doubt she'll want lots more to go with it!

Aw brilliant, my girls like monster high but they prefer normal barbie dolls. I've never seen the megabloks sets though, are the lego sized?

Heres my stash so far, just got a couple of bits today in the entertainer. Only thing I've paid full price for are the new LOL dolls, everything else has been half price or in the 3for2
Screenshot_20180818_151628.jpg

Fab stash! my daughter would love all those things

I put a Christmas gift app on my phone and dd1 found it and opened it this afternoon! Don't think she saw any of the gift lists though... phew. I've put a password on it now 😀

I'm cutting way back on gifts this year, we have so many toys already, I can't cope 😂 I'm actually planning on doing the four present thing .... something they want, need, wear and read, with maybe a couple of extra little things too. I do stockings with little gifts in too.

We've just ordered dd1 a new bike, which will be the something she needs, although she's getting it early, so we can make the most of getting out before winter sets in. I think she wants a giant LOL (although she might change her mind, so not buying too early) She'd like one of those sequin tops that change colour when you brush over them, so that'll be something to wear. And maybe a kids encyclopedia to read, not sure yet.

Dd2 needs a tablet (not really needs, but she keeps stealing her sisters, so could do with one of her own). I'm not sure if she'll tell me what she wants, but thinking along the lines of a wooden shop/cafe maybe. I'll get her some character or dressing up clothes to wear and just a story book to read.

I'm not planning on spending a huge amount on gifts. DD's bike was £300, but I'm not counting that, as we would have got her one anyway. I'll try and spend less that £100 each on the other bits

This is the first year dd has really understood the concept of getting toys. Before this, they just kind of magically appeared if that makes sense?

My problem is that she only really knows the toys she already has, so she asks for things she has got already.

The only new thing she has asked for is Minion toys. I refuse to buy more soft toys so I might do a jigsaw. I’d like to get her some artwork for her bedroom as we have been in the process of changing it from a baby/toddler type room to one more set up for independent play. She’s got a lovely reading corner and I was thinking some nice character prints for the wall around it. She’s got a family gallery wall too, I don’t want it to look too much but her bedroom is pretty big.

I picked these up tonight. The lol pen was reduced in Sainsbury and is the first stocking present I've bought:thumbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180820-213647.jpg
    Screenshot_20180820-213647.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
I put a Christmas gift app on my phone and dd1 found it and opened it this afternoon! Don't think she saw any of the gift lists though... phew. I've put a password on it now 😀

I'm cutting way back on gifts this year, we have so many toys already, I can't cope 😂 I'm actually planning on doing the four present thing .... something they want, need, wear and read, with maybe a couple of extra little things too. I do stockings with little gifts in too.

We've just ordered dd1 a new bike, which will be the something she needs, although she's getting it early, so we can make the most of getting out before winter sets in. I think she wants a giant LOL (although she might change her mind, so not buying too early) She'd like one of those sequin tops that change colour when you brush over them, so that'll be something to wear. And maybe a kids encyclopedia to read, not sure yet.

Dd2 needs a tablet (not really needs, but she keeps stealing her sisters, so could do with one of her own). I'm not sure if she'll tell me what she wants, but thinking along the lines of a wooden shop/cafe maybe. I'll get her some character or dressing up clothes to wear and just a story book to read.

I'm not planning on spending a huge amount on gifts. DD's bike was £300, but I'm not counting that, as we would have got her one anyway. I'll try and spend less that £100 each on the other bits

There is a Christmas Gift App OMG How did I not know this I am searching for it now :thumbup: :haha:

There is a Christmas Gift App OMG How did I not know this I am searching for it now :thumbup: :haha:

Don't want to get you too excited, but there's more than one!! 😂😂

I downloaded the first one I found, but might see if there's any better ones 😁

I’ve been trying to write some lists but I’m so stuck.
All Rio is really interested in at the moment is his Nintendo switch. So will get him a few games, but they just look like nothing don’t they even though they cost a fortune?
He still loves fireman Sam but already has everything ever made lol. So I’m really struggling to form a list for him! The only other things he really likes are horrid Henry, he has some books but there isn’t much else I don’t think, and role play so like shops, doctors etc but we have all those sets too (including four tills and we have to use them all. Sigh)

Niko likes pretend play already too, we got him a couple of happyland sets for his birthday and he plays well with them. He likes to put the people in the houses and cars etc so I may get another couple of sets. And will probably get him a ride on car or a trike. Otherwise, again I really don’t know. Possibly an aqua doodle, even though I have one in the loft, and some mega blocks, which I also have in the loft! He got lots for his birthday and I don’t want to buy things for the sake of it.

Any suggestions!?

All Rio is really interested in at the moment is his Nintendo switch. So will get him a few games, but they just look like nothing don’t they even though they cost a fortune?
He still loves fireman Sam but already has everything ever made lol. So I’m really struggling to form a list for him! The only other things he really likes are horrid Henry, he has some books but there isn’t much else I don’t think, and role play so like shops, doctors etc but we have all those sets too (including four tills and we have to use them all. Sigh)

Niko likes pretend play already too, we got him a couple of happyland sets for his birthday and he plays well with them. He likes to put the people in the houses and cars etc so I may get another couple of sets. And will probably get him a ride on car or a trike. Otherwise, again I really don’t know. Possibly an aqua doodle, even though I have one in the loft, and some mega blocks, which I also have in the loft! He got lots for his birthday and I don’t want to buy things for the sake of it.

Any suggestions!?

What about a trampoline for both boys? Or an inflatable bouncy castle?

I’m just thinking of their age gap and thinking that you would probably get a lot of use out something they could do together. My sister and I got big joint presents a lot and we both loved them. We got a trampoline (not the fancy kind with a net since this was the 90s, it was pretty big though!) we also got a wooden shed style play house for the garden which we turned into our “den” and we still used it in our early teens - my dad rigged electricity into it and we ended up with a proper carpet, sofa, and a mini fridge! It was pretty cool and meant we had a bit privacy when we had friends over (while still being near the house)

Any suggestions!?

I’m just thinking of their age gap and thinking that you would probably get a lot of use out something they could do together. My sister and I got big joint presents a lot and we both loved them. We got a trampoline (not the fancy kind with a net since this was the 90s, it was pretty big though!) we also got a wooden shed style play house for the garden which we turned into our “den” and we still used it in our early teens - my dad rigged electricity into it and we ended up with a proper carpet, sofa, and a mini fridge! It was pretty cool and meant we had a bit privacy when we had friends over (while still being near the house)

that den sounds amazing! :haha: how big was it??

Any suggestions!?

that den sounds amazing! :haha: how big was it??

I’m not sure if the exact size but it was decent sized, we have moved house but it was still up when we moved so it lasted at least 25 years (although it was used as a shed after we got too old!) it had a full height door which was split like a stable door and two tall windows and a little porch. We had a two seater and two chairs in it, it was only slightly wider than the two seater, and it was square. I think it had to be dismantled to get the sofa in and then rebuilt around it - I can’t remember as it was about 18 years ago (how am I getting so old 😳)

It was used for so many things - first a playhouse, then a den, then our rabbits lived in it, then we turned it into a shed. Definitely the longest lasting Christmas present ever!

I downloaded one called Christmas Gifts OMG it is fab :thumbup: opened up a whole new world to me and I have told my Mum & sister about it :haha: :wacko:

I downloaded one called Christmas Gifts OMG it is fab :thumbup: opened up a whole new world to me and I have told my Mum & sister about it :haha: :wacko:

I'm intrigued. What does the app do. I'm not a fan of many apps as it takes up space but a Christmas onebi could be swayed :)

So you can add everyone you need to buy a gift for, give them a budget and add what you plan on getting them with links to the website if required - so then you get stats that tell you how many people you are planning on buying for, how many days until Christmas, your budget, then who you have bought for, who has been wrapped and how much you have spent :thumbup:

and it can be password protected so kids cannot snoop :haha:

For someone like me who loves lists and budgets this is FAB :wacko: :haha:

So you can add everyone you need to buy a gift for, give them a budget and add what you plan on getting them with links to the website if required - so then you get stats that tell you how many people you are planning on buying for, how many days until Christmas, your budget, then who you have bought for, who has been wrapped and how much you have spent :thumbup:

and it can be password protected so kids cannot snoop :haha:

For someone like me who loves lists and budgets this is FAB :wacko: :haha:

Oh wow sounds fab! What is it called x

Mine is android (not sure if it makes a difference) but it is called Christmas Gift List

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->