Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Mara i wouldnt worry too much, I spot brown pretty much every day & that's without any 'fun' activity with DH! In fact my doc has told me absolutely no 'fun' whatsoever until the SCH is completely resolved.

Brown spotting is nothing to be too concerned about as it is residual old blood. This old blood will either be reabsorbed by your body, or, it will work it's way out. If anything it could be looked upon as a positive as it's your uterus clearing out what isn't required. As ever if you're really worried though call your doc for reassurance.

So after my last scan and being told my SCH was either gone or so tiny they couldn't find it, I'm spotting again! And last night I had some pretty horrendous cramps that kept me up. :( Its still brown, but this morning it was a little more brown liquidy vs brown creamy like it has been in the past.

Anyone still spot after being told the SCH is gone or super tiny? And the cramping?? Wow, anyone else get that? They only thing I can think of was Friday and Saturday I may have over exerted myself with trying to help move boxes (not that heavy though!). We're in the process of moving to our new house.

Any stories or insight would be really appreciated! I'm not cramping now though. Its like it comes and then totally disappears for hours!

Maybe its just some old blood and the sexytime agrevated it. Try not to worry hun. My pains had eased and now they have started again :( worried x

We haven't been intimate in about a week, and the spotting from that had gone away. But came back yesterday and today after some possible "heavy" lifting. The boxes couldn't have been more than 10-15lbs honestly!! But wow, those cramps last night were something else!

And magically they're gone and the spotting slowed way down too. Ugh, this is just so frustrating and annoying (and worrisome!!).

I hope you're doing ok too. :hugs:

I really wish this stopped happening. I had another bleed last night, and then this morning when I went to the bathroom more blood dumped out and it turned the toilet bowl red. :cry: There were bits of particles (not deep red, but pinkish brown) settling to the bottom. Then I got to work and realized I felt wet so I went to the bathroom and this time it looked to be more of a maroon color on my panty-liner. I really hate this, I want it to stop. And all this happened out of the blue, and just a few hours after I listened to the heartbeat on my doppler. A nice healthy steady heartbeat to ease my fears, and then all this. The only thing the doctor says is, I can go in to check the heartbeat, but other than that, we just have to stay optimistic. ::sigh:: Luckily I'm not cramping, I have a little discomfort, similar to what I've had since the beginning. Nothing painful, and not bad enough to need pain meds. This is such bullshit, and I'm so scared.

Im so sorry hun, is there anything that brings it on? If you heard the hb then thats good. My angel sounds should we here tomorrow on Monday. I think I have a urine infection again as I have so many pains at the mo. Just started antibiotics again :( x

I have no idea! The only thing I can think of is that after the scan on Dec. 9th the doctor told us we have the go-ahead to have sex and I can do light cardio. So we had er...um...non-penetrating sexytime and then I started spotting two days later. But that was on like Dec. 11/12th. Then things settled down. And then over the weekend (Dec. 14th) I was helping move some boxes (couldn't have been more than 15lbs) and then two days later I started spotting more heavily, and then it started to trickle off. And then last night/this morning happened. I haven't done anything remotely stressful since Dec. 14th when I moved some boxes. So I don't know what could have caused this.

Ugh!!!!!!! At least I just checked again and there's barely enough to get on toilet paper when I wipe. So maybe its slowing down. But I thought that last night too... Hating life right now....

I hope you're ok too. The doppler (hopefully) should help ease some anxiety. If you've never used it before, don't panic if you can't find the heartbeat right away. I've been "practicing" for about 2 weeks now. haha Up until about 5 days ago, the baby was tucked way off to the left side of my tummy. But now he/she is almost directly below my bellybutton. Almost smack between my underwear line and bellybutton - maybe a little closer to my underwear line. Use really slow movements, and stop for a bit at each spot and angle the doppler wand in all directions before moving on. You have to be like RIGHT over the baby and pointed directly at the heart to pick up the sound.

Just for reference, here is a recording of my doppler from last night. The slower heartbeat and swooshing sound is my placenta/heartbeat and the faster one is the baby. The actual heartbeat count isn't registering correctly on the screen since its still not quite loud enough. But if you were to count the beats, the hb is about 170-180bpm.

https://s15.photobucket.com/user/mara16jade/media/More Pictures/20131218_173955_zpsnvofe2wv.mp4.html

I've been using a borrowed Doppler every other day since I bled at 10 weeks! I can't help myself lol.
I hope your bleeding stops altogether very soon mara!
Sorry to hear of your pains northern!
Today I have had several dizzy spells where my vision has completely blurred and I've had to hold onto something for support. Also had lots of stomach pain/cramps on my lower right (where the clot is) but luckily it has all gone this evening. Hoping it was just a bad day and all back to normal tomorrow! x

I'm back, and with good news! My ob/gyn practically begged me to go to any ob/gyn that was available yesterday to just check on the baby (she was totally booked so I couldn't see her). I told her I think things are ok since LO has a nice strong heartbeat that we can hear on our doppler. I had my suspicion that the doctor wouldn't care about my "store bought doppler". And I was right. lol She said she didn't trust its ability to hear the heartbeat this early on. Yeah...I should send her the recording. :haha:

So in we went yesterday to be seen and Squishy (that's our baby's nickname for now) has caught up in age to where I kept saying he/she should be and actually measured 2 days ahead (so 10w4d today). No sign of an active SCH or bleeding, so they still don't know why I keep having bleeds, but since I did have (or possibly still have a tiny SCH) they're assuming its still from that. But so far it doesn't look to be causing any problems to the baby - just causing me anxiety. The doctor kept saying, "your kid is fine, and at this point you only have a 3% chance of miscarriage". :thumbup:

I did have another gusher last night (we're starting to think maybe the gushers coincide with internal ultrasounds - maybe the wand irritates me or loosens things up for blood to come out). And this morning there's no fresh blood, but I have some black/dark brown clots.

Kinda hoping that I eventually just stop bleeding soon, but I'm content in knowing Squishy is ok for now....and should be just fine for the rest of my pregnancy. Fx

I hope you guys have just as good of news soon, and your pain stops northern!!!! Did you get to use your doppler and hear a heartbeat? I didn't want to spend the money on buying more ultrasound gel, so I bought some super cheap aloe vera gel and it works like a charm!

Very happy for you mara, I'm so glad baby squishy has caught up in measurements!
I've had cramps and shooting pains every day for the last week, getting quite concerned. Last night was the first night I have been woken by stomach pains! I'm seeing my midwife on Monday so I hope she can answer my questions. But so far I'm resting as much as possible and drinking lots of water as I've read that it can help?
x

A day or two after my scan on December 9th I was up almost the whole night with stomach discomfort. I can't say it was as bad a menstrual cramps - but I get such bad ones that if I was feeling that I probably would have gone to the emergency room! But the pains were steady and honestly uncomfortable. My doctor said that when the clots come out or when there's blood, you can have some pretty uncomfortable cramping and pains. She said if I was doubled over in pain or crying, then I really need to worry.

So I've put that in my mind that anything less than my menstrual cramping is ok (esp. for someone having a SCH). I really hope its the same for you! I just wanted to tell you that I did have cramping at one point, and it for sure hurt and kept me up ALL night. :hugs:

Oh, and yes. Water will help the cramping a lot! I don't know why, but usually within 10-15 minutes it seems the intensity would go down. Weird.

Yes I've heard the cramping is due to the womb contracting which can be caused by dehydration. it is also because blood irritates the uterus and causes contractions. I drink a lot of water anyway but I have an extra glass when I'm having pains. I had one pain yesterday at a wedding reception that did make me double over but thank god it went straight away very soon after!
The wait until my next scan is killing me! I had one at ten weeks and it only took 3 weeks for the volume of blood to double at my next scan so I. Worried of how big it might get by the end of January! x

Oh didn't know that dehydration can cause uterine cramping. Good to know!

Damn, that sucks that it grew in 3 weeks! :( Hopefully it should start resolving soon, or at least stop growing. Fx I keep reading that by 2nd trimester, these SCHs should start going away. I hope that's the case for all of us.

That sounds great mara, doppler still not here :( silly xmas post. Frizz I have the pains too, last nights were quite bad so I took paracetamol. I am hoping they are just stretching pains and mine are worse because theres two of them fighting for room. Good luck ladies. Keep fighting x

Hi All:

Thought I'd post an update... First u/s was on 11/27, confirmed twin pregnancy (IVF), and a large SCH, no heartbeats were detected, and both were measuring very small. Went back a week later, on 12/4, for another u/s, twin B hadn't grown (deemed vanishing twin), and we heard twin A's heartbeat for the very first time. We couldn't believe it. This was the first time we had ever heard a heartbeat, as this was our first baby. Hopes were high, bleed was still there and large, and a week later on 12/11 we went back for another u/s, where sadly twin A had stopped growing, and we no longer heard that tiny heartbeat. :(

It's been a very difficult few months. Because of large bleed, and my fear of the unexpected, we opted for a D&C, which I had on Thursday, 12/19. I would have been 9 weeks yesterday.

I wish each of you the best with your journeys. I'm hopeful to not be back on this forum again, when we are able to try again (we fortunately have 8 frozen embryos) but am very grateful for the shared stories, advice and encouragement.

I am so sorry to hear that hun, my thoughts are with you, I know how hard it is to cope with IVF and really hope it all works for you with your frosties when you are ready.

I got my doppler today and counted what I am fairly sure is the beats but they seem very slow, sounds like a slow steam train, I counted about 90bpm I think.... one was slightly faster than the other. HMmm Im not worrying but would be nice to know I am counting the right way etc. x

Northernmonkey, check your own pulse with the doppler. On either side by your hip bone (by that ticklish spot...at least for me) you can hear your heartbeat. Your might be picking up your HB.

Look on YouTube to listen to what the baby HB sounds like and what the placenta sounds like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->