Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

40k Northern, wowser! But worth every single penny without doubt!! I was SOOO fortunate I fell first time. We paid just over 7k for the 1 go which included pre genetic testing (needed as I'm so old!!). I think it's slightly cheaper here than the UK.

20 weeks is looming Frizz!! It'll come round soon enough, you're less than a week behind me I think (my DD is 9th June). Can't believe I'll be 18 weeks next week :)

Heather - you're still so early try not to worry tooo much. Mine went from a small size when it was first found, it then got larger, then the next scan there were 2 of them so be prepared it might get worse before it gets better. It will get better tho for sure. The more research I do the more I'm seeing that the horror stories with SCH's really are VERY rare.

Thanks Lotti, I am a teacher so I'm off this week and trying to take it easy. I know starting next week there won't be much time to sit down. I had a mc at 17 weeks last time and now I wonder if SCH was to blame... I had a scan at 7 weeks and not another because my next was scheduled for 2 days after mc. I hope that was not it, but it makes me wonder.

Yes loopy you are 5 days ahead of me! Can't wait to reach viability which is about 24 weeks here! I think I will feel a little more calm once that milestone has been reached, although obviously I would love to go to term. My son was 13 days late after a very easy pregnancy so this is all a bit new to me.
Good luck to you heather, I hope your sch disappears quickly! Mine started off pretty large and doubled in volume in three weeks. Hoping it will be smaller at the 20 week scan. I've only had one big bleed, just lots of pains since then. The waiting is awful isn't it x

Thank you Frizz- I am just very unsure of what to expect. I would like to think it will go away, but from what I keep reading they often get larger rather than go away so I am nervous for sure. Good luck getting to 24 weeks! I know it's a huge relief (my water broke with my son at 20 weeks and I spent 6 weeks on bed rest. He was born at 38 weeks and is now 4 years old)

I haven't had any bleeding in 2 days, is that a good sign? or just part of it? and am I the only one that has a sch show up at 15 weeks? I just see that most people find them earlier in there pregnancy.

I haven't had any bleeding in 2 days, is that a good sign? or just part of it? and am I the only one that has a sch show up at 15 weeks? I just see that most people find them earlier in there pregnancy.

I still have had no bleeding and my doctor does not seem to think this is good or bad, just less scary. It seems that bleeding can be helpful if it is a large sch and it bleeds out, but not bleeding could mean its being absorbed.
Also, when was your last scan before it was found at 15 weeks? Mine was not there at my 6 week scan but was at my 7 week so if it had been a while you could have had it and just not known.

Mine was a 4cm sch so big and never bled out but I was on progesterone so that may have stopped it. Mine was not seen kn 12 week scan x

my first u/s was at 6w 4d and nothing showed up then and I didn't have another until I was 14w 5d (when I started bleeding just like a light period with small cramps) and they say it is large didn't tell me how large, I am just wandering b/c the ER and my Dr. are not on the same page some how, the ER said I had a marginal placenta previa, and my dr said they didn't see that they only saw the sch. all I do is worry.

Its really hard not to worry but just keep going. Most resolve by 20 weeks but some people go full term with them. I read the earlier you have them the worse it can be but its all case by case I guess. Fingers crossed x

I started spotting at around week 5, and still spot from time to time now. Its much less these past two weeks, so I'm hoping its slowing down now. Fx!!! Baby is developing just fine, and has a nice strong HB. My doppler was my saving grace though. I don't know what I would have done without it! I use it 1-2x a week now, but before I was using it every single day since I was sooooooo worried.

I hope everyone is doing ok, and no one is having any big bleeds! Even though my SCH was found very early on, the doctors were never worried about it. Might be because mine was very small on the first ultrasound, and by the 3rd, they couldn't even find it (at 7w3d). :shrug:

ETA: I wanted to ask if anyone who still spots is working out? I've been too scared to, but I really feel my muscle tone disappearing QUICKLY!! I want to walk on the treadmill for 30-45 mins. but I'm not sure if its safe. The nurse and doctor said that if you're spotting, you shouldn't do any exercise, but walking might be ok. So...I'm confused. LOL Isn't walking exercise?

I woke up last night with extremely sharp pains that brought tears to my eyes, these lasted a few minutes and then changed to dull throbbing with a really tight stomach. I called my midwife this morning, she's on holiday so I got through to someone else who said !take paracetamol and call back if there's any red bleeding'
I am so frustrated right now and can't stop crying at the lack of support I'm receiving. I just need to know what's going on in there but my scan is still 3 weeks away x

Ah hun I am so sorry you are going through this, I get pains all the time so it can be normal, why don't you call again and say you are very concerned and that you have the sch and they might get you a scan, if not then go to your EPU or A&E and say you have extreme pains and very worried. xx

I did explain to her about the sch (the lady I got through to is the head midwife) but she didn't really take that into consideration. I think if I get such bad pains again I will ring straight through and demand to be checked! If I had the money I would have a private scan x

what are the odds of a large sch absorbing? I don't know what my dr means by "pretty big" but I go to the DR Monday and I will get measurements if possible and lot more answers to ease my mind "if they have any answers."

I don't know about the 'odds' I'm afraid. Mine is large and as far as I know it's still there at 17+2 x

Pain is unfortunately pretty normal with SCHs. I had many days where my cramps were so bad it woke me from my sleep and had me doubled over in the kitchen. :( But baby is still doing fine!

Blood in the uterus is a major irritant and that's why we feel pain (they're cramps). Do you have a doppler? I started using mine around 8.5 weeks and found the HB near the end of the 8th week (some people don't find it until closer to 10-11 weeks though - I just got lucky). It has given me so much peace of mind, I don't know what I would have done without it in the early weeks. I use it now 1-2x a week just to check on LO, but I'm fairly confident everything is ok now.

Lots of :hugs: to everyone still being affected by a SCH. They are so scary!!!!

Yes I've also used a Doppler from very early on but it only reassures me for a short time as I still don't know what the sch is doing or going to do. Think I just need these three weeks to go quickly so I get my scan. 7 weeks seems along time to go between check ups when the bleed is large, growing and causing a fair amount of pain.

Do you spot or bleed? Every time I had a moderately sized bleed, my ob/gyn had me go in to be seen. And every time I went in, they did a scan. With my insurance, and I know its different in the UK, I had to pay about $30. I suppose its not bad to have a peek at the baby and be reassured everything is still ok.

Can you go in for a scan without an appointment?

I've had one huge bleed but no more since then.
I think they would scan me if I had another bleed but obviously I don't want that to happen.
No, I can't have a scan without an app, wish I could! I'm just feeling so frustrated today. Luckily lil baby is having a good fidget around now which I love feeling x

Yes my 4cm one shrank and has now apparently gone. I have pains often and even got them now but I hope its stretching. I find my doppler helps but ny mind at ease as much as it can x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->