School??

How can there be such a difference? im so annoyed about the 23rd i guess we are using up the other days holidays at a different time of the year. Surely all kids go to school for a set amount of days per year.

It is the easter holidays. My sister is a primary teacher and she said that the christmas holidays are alot shorter this year due to the easter hols being longer (or something like that)

18th normal time 3.20pm here wow 23rd is really late I have all plans with family from 21st onwards mine would have to be 'ill'

I would love Dec to take the last 2 and a half days off but he totally refuses, they have parties and dont do any work:haha: I really dont see the point in them being there, half the kids wont even come in :shrug:

18th at lunchtime for us and he goes back on 5th Jan but we are in a private nursery, they don't close completely until Christmas Eve! X

18th here also. That is late. Some people finish work on the 18th! Like my sister and FIL and lots of people in office jobs. Making kids stay till the 23rd is mean. Barr humbug

22nd at 12 :) suits me fine as it gives me more time to get organised!

Our school finishes on the 17th. I think the 23rd is way too late! I love the week off before the big day to build up the excitement.

18th here. 23rd is really late. Do those finishing on the 23rd go back later, or are you just having a shorter holiday? I know easter is early next year and feb 1/2 term is early because of that but dont know why youd have to finish later for christmas because of that?

DDs school finishes on the 16th at 1pm, not sure when youngest DD finishes nursery yet. X

My lo finishes on the 17th at 3.50. Schools and nursery finishes at lunchtime on the 18th here. My lo is at nursery in the afternoon so misses that last day.

3pm on the 18th here :) I'd always rather have more time off for Christmas than Easter.

23rd does seem late - But Riley's nursery don't close until 24th!

Sisters school is 18th x

I have just checked and we only have a week off for Easter, so not getting longer :( They finish for Easter at 12 noon on Thursday 24th March and go back 4th April :shrug:

My DD finishes on Thursday (17th?). She has her Christmas party. She is only three and they have done so much for them for Christmas fair, play, party. I also think father Christmas is visiting them too ��

I think it's how much time you guys get at summer?

DS1 finishes at 2.30pm on Friday 18th. I'm a secondary school teacher in the same authority & our kids leave at 12.30pm then we have leaving speeches etc. so hoping I can make it to DS1's school in time to collect him otherwise I'll be the most unpopular mum ever if the poor teachers are sat with him! �� DH is a teacher in a totally different authority & he finishes this Friday too. I would absolutely hate to be working til the 23rd. Poor teachers at those schools!!

Do you get a extra long summer Sabs? We get 6 weeks. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->