Second hand pram advice (sneeking in from 2nd tri)

geekone

Reaction score
Hi Girls thougth you with all the experience may be able to help :hugs:.

OH and I went too look at prams at the weekend and we have decided on the Icandy apple, it is very expensive, £580 for chassis, buggy and carrycot, £30 for adapters, £50 for footmuff and parasole rain cover £25 and then £109 for a car seat so all in all £769 for full thing and we would probably need another car seat

I am going to look at a secondhand one tonight 10 months old, 3 and 4 wheels carrycot ,pram ,foot muff raincover and also bag, carseat adapters all for £250 then even buying new tyres £30, cleaning it up a bit £20, 2 car seats £218 and new footmuff £50. We are only talking £568.

So what do you think? also what should I be looking for in a second hander and what should I avoid? Do any of you have a second hand pram, maybe from ebay or gumtree?

if I dont want it do you think that "well it is very nice but I need to wait and discuss it with my husband and get back to you tomorrow?" would be ok?

So annoying wish I had someone to go with me.

Has anyone else gone second hand?

Thanks for the help

Are the carseats second hand? You shouldn't buy a second hand carseat, as they need to be replaced after and accident, and you don't know the history.

I bought my Silvercross second hand on eBay. It was as new, so I just had a good inspection of it. Don't feel rushed.

Just read it again and looks like you aren't buying second hand so ignore what I said! Main thing is to not feel pressurised, it is better ti walk away than spendthat amount on something you are unhappy with.

The husband excuse is always a good one!

Hi
Personally,i wouldn't spend that much money on an Icandy second hand pram.
The only pram that i would buy second hand would be BUGABOO (any of their prams) they are worth every penny,and no matter how much you use them they are always AMAZING :)

Thanks ladies, no secondhand car seat here, I thought £250 for the icandy was a bargin compared to £580, we looked at the bugaboo and didnt really like it sorry :blush: thanks anyway for letting me know. Asacia thanks great to know some others go down the second hand route, it isnt just the money it seems like such a waste. Thanks for telling me about checking the mechanism I would totaly have forgotton that :blush:

Thanks girls:hugs:

All 3 of my pushchairs are second hand. We have a pliko pramette, £150, was 6 months old but only used about 4 times (off OH's cousin) a chicco stroller for our holiday next summer for free (my aunty) and last night I picked up my dream pushchair. A quinny buzz 3 with carry cot and all the bits like raincovers, mosquito net, buzz box storage/nappy box, shopping tray, 2 seats (0-18month & 18month+) for £179 instead of over £500 :D I had a good look at it, pushed it round their hallway, made the guy show me how to put it up and down and everything and was so happy with it.

Don't feel rushed nor like you have to have it. If your not happy with it, then don't buy it

I had a second hand gracco and now have a second hand Quinny Buzz - unless we had tonnes of money, I don't think I could ever justify spending £500 on a pushchair, I'm too mean! :blush:

I would look at less expensive brands too, if you want to save money. My friend has an iCandy, it is twice the price of my Mothercare My3 and I don't get why at all!

I just bought a second hand Silver Cross Linear Freeway in Jet Sport. The couple's baby is only 6 months old, but they had left their shopping to the last minute (late in 3rd Tri) and didn't realise the pram & base wouldn't fit into their car without putting the pram section onto the backseat! :rolleyes: They had been using it with the car seat clipped on for the first couple of months and then discovered their mistake so couldn't just return it!

I know you aren't supposed to but I bought their car seat too, I spent a couple of days texting back and forth & spent a good 40 minutes in their home going over all the fixtures & fittings and operating instructions, so I'm positive they would have told me if there had been an accident with the car seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->