Second hand pram advice (sneeking in from 2nd)

geekone

Reaction score
Hi Girls thougth you lot on third might be able to help.

OH and I went too look at prams at the weekend and we have decided on the Icandy apple, it is very expensive, £580 for chassis, buggy and carrycot, £30 for adapters, £50 for footmuff and parasole rain cover £25 and then £109 for a car seat so all in all £769 for full thing and we would probably need another car seat

I am going to look at a secondhand one tonight 10 months old, 3 and 4 wheels carrycot ,pram ,foot muff raincover and also bag, carseat adapters all for £250 then even buying new tyres £30, cleaning it up a bit £20, 2 car seats £218 and new footmuff £50. We are only talking £568.

So what do you think? also what should I be looking for in a second hander and what should I avoid? Do any of you have a second hand pram, maybe from ebay or gumtree?

if I dont want it do you think that "well it is very nice but I need to wait and discuss it with my husband and get back to you tomorrow?" would be ok?

So annoying wish I had someone to go with me.

Has anyone else gone second hand?

Thanks for the help

We bought our pram second hand. Just get them to give you a good demo putting it up and back down again etc. How all the different attachments fit on.

We bought a silvercross 3D 2nd hand and it was nice and tidy. Just look at what you think might get dirty and how easy it is to clean etc.

I would have thought if you said you want to OK it with your OH before you buy and that you will contact them tomorrow, they can't really refuse that and it sounds pretty rasonable!

Happy looking :flower:

hi i brought my graco travel system second hand for my LO and it was like new only paid £45 it and it was £250 in the shop. but i then had my heart set on a quinny but culdn't afford one so i also brought that second hand of ebay and i can honestly say that was like new as well so both times i have been very lucky.

Also i can honestly say for the amount of time that i actually use the pram it would have been silly of me to spend so much on a new pram as i drive everywhere

Thanks, I am being really reassured this is the right thing to do :hugs2:

We got a second hand pram from Ebay. A Hauck Esprit Infinity with all the trimmings, carrycot, buggy seat unit, foot muff, raincover to fit both carrycot and buggy seat, and it was a grand total of £50 :D We even had a friend go pick it up for us (we dont have a car) so we saved on postage there too - got our friend a bottle of red for his trouble tho ;) The pram is in tip top condition, altho I did take off all the fabrics and give them a wash and wiped down the chassis too, not that it was dirty lol!
I'd say it's definately worth going second hand with this kind of thing especially if money is tight. Tbh, if money hadnt have been an issue then we'd have bought from new but we just couldnt afford to spend the £500 + on a pram/buggy combo.

We got a second hand pram.. off freecycle.org....
We got a mamas and papas Pliko P3 one... it is in a good condition, requires a bit of cleaning though!

I have got 2 prams off ebay and they are both immaculate :) i would never buy a brand new pram again as you really can get some bargains at a fraction of the RRP.. x

as long as it is in good condition and can be cleaned i dont see why not.

i have got loads of 2nd hand stuff but the only thing i wouldnt get 2nd hand is a car seat!

I'm getting an icandy apple passed on from a friend whose wee one has just outgrown it... she says it has been fantastic. I wouldn't normally get a 2nd hand car seat, but we are this time just because it is from a friend and we know it has never been in a crash or anything.

I have heard that should should always get a new mattress for each new baby though to give maximum support in the pram/carricot, so you might want to factor the cost of that in as well... Not sure if you'll need to order one from icandy or whether a standard one will do - I haven't looked into that yet but have been meaning to.

It's up to you but if you are thinking of spending £500+ to get part second hand and part new, you could get the whole lot new for less than that if you were prepared to consider a different model. Mothercare and even Mamas and Papas do full sets for under £500... just a suggestion - I know the iCandy are expensive (and as far as I know great quality) but not sure I would be paying that much for second hand when you could get something new for less than that...

i have bought a few second-hand prams before off ebay, and from a nearly new baby shop at the end of my road, all great, i was actually looking at a i-candy apple in the nearly new shop the other day, that was going for £70..but i decided i had too many. lolx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->