September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

i wish zane would put things on hes now decided he wants to take his trousers off all the time lol im waiting for him to start doing it in public hahahaha

Hi ladies

Great to hear all the children are doing so well and really happy your scan went well. Potty trainging is not even coming into play with me yet although OH says she should be trained from now!!! I say when she's ready. We keep it in the front room for her to get used to it, mainly because when she was younger, we had to get a wee sample and we used the potty, forcing a 10 month old to sit for a lon period until wee happened, is not the best way to introduce a potty!!! lol

Anyway, I posted this in toddler group too, but thought I'd post it here too:

Long time no chat!!!! Not through not wanting, just lack of time!

Some of you will think I'm a moaning so and so and just accept that this is all part of todderldom and others, I hope, will sympathise and tell me I'm not alone!!!!!! Pleeeeeaaaaase.

Gabbi is fabulous, she's developing well, got a right personality, funny, cheeky, gets on well with others, eats well, almost sleeps wel, but it's her not listening!!!

I actually felt ill the other day, from so much, no, stop that, don't touch, get down, etc etc etc. I know they have to learn manners, discipline, etc, but it's getting worse, so I am sure I am not doing something right!!! I watched Take Home Nanny the other night and thought, blimey, what awful behaviour .... think we're going down that road!!!!

She does stamp her feet (only recently) and can wail a false wail, but that just amuzes me. It's the touching, not listening, continuing to do what I told her 2 minutes before not to do. I know, I know, they have to learn, she's not even 18 months, but surley there is something I can try.

When she does something really well, we praise her and clap, she loves it, big smile, if she does something we ask, again we praise her and she loves it. BUT, if we tell her off, she knows, but still does it, ask her to come to you, she runs away. This I don't like, but I know it's normal. If I tell her off, she sometimes puts her hands over her ears! I count to 3, it can work, but within less than a minute, she back doing it again!

I have put her in time outs and she laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime!!! What can I do if she enjoys time outs!! I take toys off her as punishment, but she just goes and gets another!!!

I must say though, everytime she wants to TV on, she will take my hand to the TV. I started saying please mama, if she said mama I would praise her and clap and put it on for her (not on demand though!!!!). This always took about 5 minutes with tantrums in between. This I have been trying for sometime, with tantrums and on one occassion or 2, I've given in (that was when I was ill with a cold!). As I am writing this message, she has come over, took my hand to the TV, I took it back. She then said mama ...... for the first time she actually did it, she got a huuuuuuge kiss and plenty of claps!

I know it takes time, but 95% of the time, it is getting worse and I would really appreciate any little hints or bits of advice you can give.

Thanks girls

zane never does what hes told and i get sick of saying no!

but then when i say no he crys falls to the floor n hits his head on the floor till i stop him, but no he gets sent to bed to calm down.

we had to get a pee sample when zane was 11 months i let him wee in the nappy and i used a sterilized suringe to suck up the wee lol.

im not convinced zane will be ready by july for potty training as he still doesnt notice when hes doing a wee, so im just going to play it by ear like i was planning on doing.

hes got thrush again the poor thing, it looks so sore but hes not bothered by it.

and ive got a moving date (im moving from a top flat to a bottom flat across the road) 29th march im so nervous about zane not taking moving well. he was in bed with me last night think hes getting his dads possible flu...thats guna be fun

im being mocked by a 1 yr old!

hes not well and has been tired since 10am this mornining but woulsnt sleep so i put him down at 12.30 its now 1.30 and hes still awake and keeps getting up:dohh:

i just went to put him back in bed and i said "bed" he then smiled at me and pointed to his bed and laughed.

hes now up again and driving me nuts

Hi Charlie,

Sophia is a handful at times too and doesn't like being told 'no'. Her craze at the moment is to pour her juice everywhere, even though we only use the beakers which are supposedly none spill, I mean if I shake the damn beakers nothing comes out but when Sophia does it, it floods out so I don't know how she does it but she manages to!! I have to monitor her whenever she has a drink now because I can't trust her from pouring it over the sofa, the carpet, her toys, teddies, our boxes where we store our cd's, she takes the lid off and pours juice all over them, it drives me nuts!

I used to have a 'naughty corner' for her which worked for about a month but then she started laughing when she was placed there so now, althouhg it sounds cruel, I place her in the hall clsoing the living room door on her. I know that she is safe in the hall way, nothing to mess with or any items that will harm her and it removes her from where her toys and other distractions are so lately this is what I've been doing, is warning her 'no' then when she looks at me and pours anyway I then take the juice off her, pick her up, place her in the hall way and explain that she's done something I told her not to, she's been naughty etc and then close the door on her. I do feel guilty because she'll often cry real tears but I get so exaspherated (spelling) that I don't know what else to do.

I'm sure after she's bored of pouring juice everywhere she'll move onto another phase of doing something she know's she shouldn't. Sophia will also pick up ornaments that she can reach but she will actually put these back and leave them alone after about 3 times of being told 'no, put back please' and there are other things she'll get told off for and will do as she's told but when it comes to the juice, it's a different story.

Have you tried a naughty corner or naughty step? Have you tried not yelling 'no' but just taking action and take whatever she's messing with off her or remove her from the situation? It's hard I know, I find that sometimes if I raise my voice and yell 'no' across the room to her she just shouts back so we get no where. I think you're trying everything you can think of so far so I wouldn't worry, if I find something that I think is working with Sophia then I'll share it here but I know that what might work for one child won't necessarily for another.

Kids eh, who'd have em lol! Xx

well me and zane are ill again! weve caught ohs throat infection...great lol

he decided to throw a huge bitch fit in homebase today and sat on the floor n refused to walk, be carried or go in his pram but then wanted to chase some girls around. when he wasnt allowed to do this he started shouting at me.

theres no point in closing doors anymore as hes learnt how to open them the cheeky thing, we didnt even no he cud do it till oh found zane stiring his tea with a banana hahahaha

:wave: ladies.

Sounds like you all have your hands full :hugs: n :hugs: moomin hope your both feeling better soon.

Ems is doing well, we had out first walk in the park togther today. It's really odd seeing her walking but she liked being able to go uop and see the ducks properly, her little face was a picture. She's still not walking independently though, she needs at least one hand but she is not far off.

We've spent the last week or so practicing our farm animals and she can now tell you what noises cats, dogs, ducks, sheep, cows and elephants (??) make :laugh2:

Ems doesn't really get in to much mischeif but this may change when she walking independently! She can be a bit of a terror at tea time though and sometimes throws her food on the floor when she's finished which we are trying to teach her is naughty. Luckily for me she's quite happy to sit on the floor with her toys/colouring/books and quietly play. I work from home a lot and look after her so it must be quite hard for her at times because i can't sit and play with her as i would like. I do feel like such a bad mummy at times for it :cry: I try my best to do like an hours work, 30 minutes play and so on but it can be sooo difficult at times.

Are any of you being brave enough to plan any holidays this summer? We're going away for a couple of weeks, can't wait :happydance:

we are going spain hopefully next year ile lie around and the boys can go play in the sea lol

glad her walking in progressing altho she will get upto alot when she is lol i wish zane would say more hes still communicating by screams most of the time lol he can say dog and will find his dog toy if i ask, no always says dad when we wants his dad but doesnt say mum unless hes hurt himself lol
hes now sometimes saying night and afew other words but he doesnt like saying them much.

its a great but stressful age altho i no weve got worse to come haha

I can imagine she will! She's a right nosey lady.

Emilia's fav question at the moment is 'what's that' so i'm sure she's picking up a lot of words like that. Whenever we wake her up in the morning we always get 'hiyyaaa' and then she points at her toys and goes 'ooo whats that?' lol!

Just thought I'd pop in and wish all you ladies a happy Mother's Day xx

I can imagine she will! She's a right nosey lady.

Emilia's fav question at the moment is 'what's that' so i'm sure she's picking up a lot of words like that. Whenever we wake her up in the morning we always get 'hiyyaaa' and then she points at her toys and goes 'ooo whats that?' lol!

zanes always pointing at things and either asks whats that or whos that and says hiya if i go get him up after naps, it is really cute.

happy mothers day to u too heaven and everyone else x

yea have whos that or whats that, funny how they learn the difference!

Hope everyone had a lovely mothers day? Our second on e *eeek*

i had nothing for my first mothers day oh was in kenya so i got breakfast in bed this time and he says he left my present at work hes been at work 3 days now n still no present:dohh: lol

zanes still eating everything in sight, he decided to eat his bath bubbles the other day it was really cute.

his new word to say is tickle tickle.
and while having naked time he started to wee and the wee went on his foot so he stopped weeing and moved his foot and carried on hahaha so least he knows it doesnt feel nice.

also we r moving end of the month so ive bought him a thomas bed i cant wait for him to see it (his room now is tigger)

ive already planned his 2nd bday party lol how about everyone else?

aw clever boy Zane!

Strangely tickle tickle were one of Millie's first words, i think it's because her favourite bedtime book you have to tickle the pig.

Get your OH told :haha: Good luck with your house move too!

omg noooo i can't beelive you started planning a second birthday, they're growing up to quickly :cry: What have you got in mind?

we are going to thomas land and see the animals at drayton mannor and will have a birthday pic-nic there. i had planned to start getting his presents already but that hasnt worked out lol im starting the shoppin next month.

i look at zane and i cant believe hes my little baby. he just got sent to bed for being naughty and has just poked his head round the door smiling at me

hello ladies weve gone quiet the past few months in here.

ive finaly moved into a bottom flat so i dont have to worry about carrying zane down the stairs which is great lol
hes grown up so much over the past few weeks hes communicating so much more and can tell me wen he wants certain things and often bosses me around pointin at what room he wants me to go in.

out of the blue the other day he was pointin at the thomas stickers on his walls and then said percy like hes been doing for awhile but then came out with geen (green) and then pointed at thomas and said blue i was so suprised.

also hes been mocking me lol everytime i sneeze he laughs then copies me its so cute

hows everyone else doing?

:wave: hello!

Aww clever boy Zane! Sounds like he's coming on really well :happydance:

Everythings good here, LO's getting cheekier and cheekier by the day. Still not walking unaided but she's barely holding on just not the confidence to let go bless her. She can say loads now and it's funny having little conversations with her!

How did you find mvoing home with a little one in tow? x

Hi Ladies :hi:

Hope you're settled into your new flat now, doesn't it make life easier not having to navigate stairs!! I remember that from when I first had Sophia and we had a flight of stairs to go up to access our flat (above a shop), not easy after having a c-section and then having to lug a baby in a pushchair up and down. How is Zane enjoying his new home? Sounds like he's doing well :)

And your LO sounds like she's finding her feet more independantly now, it is just a confidence thing with them, bless her. :)

Sophia was alwasy more physically forward than verbal so it's nice to now hear her words developing more clealry, she loves to point at what she wants and tells you what it is she's after like if it's a train she sees going past on the other side of the road she'll point and say 'choo choo', when she wants her juice she'll open the fridge door and grab it herself cheeky madam lol! Sophia is a very loud little girl though and we noticed that if we raiased our voices telling her to be quiet and calm down she'd copy us and get louder and we'd end up in a shouting match lol. It's difficult knowing how to teach her to be quiet, she's very loud when happy and excited and also if she's wanting her own way and can't have it, our automatic response is to yell no but we've been trying not to.

Had my 20 week scan last week but we're not sure if Sophia will be having a brother or sister because baby was in an awkward position, hoping to find out when i go back for a 32 week scan due to placenta being low and posterior.

glad the scan went well altho u didnt get to see the sex.

moving was fine we have moved across the road basicaly lol so it wasnt too hard i had my sister over to look after zane lol he loves his new room hes gone from a tigger room to thomas the tank engine with a big boy bed that only has tiny sides next to the pillow and he hasnt fallen out....yet hahaha he drags me into his room n points at things so i can tell him what they are.

i woke up this morning to a bottle in my face so i guessed he wanted juice, ohs gone away for afew days so zanes missing his daddy already so zane thought it wud be funny to get out of bed while i was in the bath and try to play with the loo brush the look he gave me before he picked it up was so cheeky he knew not to touch it but was pushing his luck i wasnt impressed lol

hello ladies :D

not been on here for awhile, how is everyone doing?
cant believe our babies are 2 next month its gone so fast. we did have a whole day planned but just found out we are moving to germany this month so have no idea what we are doing :( whats everyone else planned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->