• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

yeah thats how i also feel, its all too quick and zanes got no health problems so its just really like a normal flu anyway so i dont think a jab will even stop them catching it anyway just like the normal flu jab my sister has to have she still gets flu

Yea i think flu jabs only cover one strain of it it? Like the meningitis one? I might be wrong though.

all flu jabs are made to make the syptoms of flu less worse then it would if u hadnt had the jab so it wont stop u gettin it, its just supposed to help abit

I'm still undecided about the flu jab for myself or Sophia. I agree with Andrea that I think it was rushed through and not enough testing has been done on it, even if it has, not enough time has gone by to know the real consequences (if any), only time will tell. I know the pressure is on for pregnant women and children under 5 to have the jab but I won't have it just through feeling pressured, it will take a lot of convincing IF I agree to it for myself or Sophia. It doesn't stop you from catching it anyway, it just reduces the symptoms by a certain percentage.
I think that Sophia and I have already had swine flu, we both displayed all the symptoms of flu along with sickness and diarreha and when I phoned the swine flu pandemic line they prescribed me the tamiflu to collect from a local centre, so I'm not sure if they recommend still having the jab even if you've already had the flu anyway?

me and zane have had swine flu sypmtoms but were ignored, my sister was given tamiflu but told they werent goin to test to see what flu it was as the test wud be back after she had got better!

I don't see how the government can get their facts right about how many people in the country have had sf, the Dr told me the same when we thought Sophia had it, because she'd already been ill for a couple of days he said he wouldn't take a blood test because it wasn't worth it, instead to assume she had sf and treat it. When it was my turn to be ill, I did as was advised by not going to my Dr's and instead called the national pandemic flu line they made a diagnosis over the phone, I can only assume they must have been pretty certain it's what I had to arrange for me to collect tamiflu but if people aren't having the blood tests for cases to be 100% confirmed then the governement clearly aren't getting the correct statistics.

Does anyone know if it's true that once you've been prescribed tamiflu you won't be prescribed it again?

swine flu is so similar to normal flu that they really cant tell the difference i dont think anyway.

i think if u needed tamiflu they would have to prescribe it to u again, they cant just give it once and then leave u if u fell ill again

zanes been ill again with a cold but he always ends up with a terrible weez but hes getting better now :) still all snotty, he things its funny to wipe his nose on my leg!

last night oh and zane were having a bath, zane was sat on ohs tummy while he washed his own hair and zane started to copy him so we put him shampoo on his hands and he washed his own hair it was so cute i almost cried lol

hows everyone else doing?

Zane sounds just like Sophia, she's had cold after cold and it always goes on her chest poor things.

That sounds so cute with Zane washing his own hair :)

Sophia is speaking more, picking up more words now, yesterdays words were tick tock as I was saying it to her as I usually do whilst pointing at the big clock in our kitchen and today she was trying to say chugington - she loves that cartoon lol, she manages to say chug but it sounds more like choo, bless I love hearing all these new words come out of her mouth now instead of the usuall Mummy and Daddy.

I've been at home with Sophia for the past 6 weeks thanks to this second pregnancy making me so ill, I've loved every second of it with her and will miss her so much when I'm well enough to go back to work.

aww bless you.

i was only sick twice during pregnancy but i felt sick all the time it was awful. im goin to buy a nebuliser for zane to use when he gets ill again as it really helped at the hospital.

zane loves chugington aswel.
hes not really said many new words but hes always asking what things and people are.

hes also weaned himself off a bottle in the middle of the night YAY and has started leaving most of his bedtime bottle which he drinks in bed.
been adviced to start potty training in july but oh wants to buy one next month

Good luck with the potty training, we have bought a potty and bring it into her room after she's had a bath and before dressing her, she now knows to sit on it with her naked bottom lol but is yet to do anything in it. We're just gently introducing her to it, I'm not fussed how long the potty training process will take though.

Sophia still has her morning and bedtime milk fro her bottle although I'm sure she'd happily take it from a beaker, I think it's just habit with me and her dad still sterilising bottles and giving milk to her from those, daft really I suppose considering she has her juice from her non sterilised beakers!

Today should be an exciting day as I have my dating scan, Sophia will be coming with us so I hope they'll allow her in the room so long as she's on her best behaviour! We couldn't get anyone to babysit for us whilst we go to the appointment.

awwww wow good luck at ur scan.

i dont mind how long potty training takes either, and zane still has his night milk in a bottle and also his day time nap but we dont sterilize and during the day he has juice in a big cup with a pop up straw i cant trust him with a open cup yet lol he still wont eat a whole meal with a spoon or fork yet so meal times are messy hahaha

hes now weaning himself off his in the middle of the night bottle which im happy with :D

Hope your scan went okay?

Yay for Zane stopping his midnight feast but booo for the colds :hugs:

Well Mills isn't upto much. Still not walking independantly but she's happy crusing and will walk across the room now if you're supporting her. Her words are coming on really well, she held her arms out to me the other day n said 'cuggle' my heart nearly melted right there n then! Otherwise she's a cheeky menance lol. Her favourite thing at the moment is colouring, she's loving her crayons and colouring books, Ok well she isnt colouring but scrawling but it still occupies her for 30 minutes. Down side is i keep finding crayons everywhere, found one in the washing machine this morning :shock: :rofl:

Scan went well thanks, poor baby was in the wrong position so the sonographer pressed down on me really hard 'ouch'! and he/she jumped into the right position but then fell asleep so he/she needed to be prodded again so that a measurement could be taken, again he/she jumped and decided enough was enough and showed us his/her bum! lol So it was a lovely moment to see bump and quite comical too. Sophia sat on her Dad's lap munching on a ack of crisps watching her baby brother or sister on the screen, it was like she was at the cinema lol.

'Cuggle' that's so sweet, they do melt you're heart don't they when they say things like that. And isn't it funny when you find things in the washing machine and all over the place. We keep bringing out balls and dummies etc from the washing machine too. I like it when ophia colours in too, as you say it keeps them quiet for a reasonable amount of time giving us a short break :)

Our little ones sound like they're all doing really well :)

it makes me so happy when zanes comes up to me and gives me a hig or kiss just because he wants to altho it deosnt happen often hahaha.

zane likes to use his crayons altho they end up in his mouth so they get taken off him.
im dying for zane to say more words but he just doesnt want to lol

i've come to the conclusion that they'll do what they want when they want. Millies has a friend who's been walking since about 10 months but only says 1 or 2 words. Yet she's not walking independantly but says loads often quite clearly too!

Aww your scan sounds lovely, and like you're gonna have a cheeky one there lol! whats your EDD now then?

EDD is 3rd Sept but if I have another c-section it will more than likely be an August baby. Sophia is being sweet and keeps kissing my tummy, in fact baby bump gets more kisses than me or her daddy lol just hope she still wants to know baby when he or she arrives and doesn't get jealous!

when i was born my mum gave my sister and brother a present from me. my brother was all over me where as my sister just sat on the bed eating chocolate lol

she did the same when my big sister was born and my brothers first word was baby.

wow so u could have two september babies that will be a expensive time for u in the future

2 september babies that is going to be expensive :haha:

Would you prefer to have him/her in september though because of the whole schooling issue or are you not that bothered?

I've heard that gift idea before Moomin :thumbup:

Hi Girls, congrats on your bump Heaven! Sounds loke you're all being kept as busy as me with your LOs. They're really developing personalities now aren't they? Kathryn just started walking - about 2 weeks ago now. She's babbling a lot but apart from mama and dad not many recognisable words. It feels like she's not a baby anymore - how quick did that go over?

Kathryn also a crayon monster. She loves wrapping things round her shoulders like any scarves she can reach or even tea towels! It's funny watching her trying to put on her hat and shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->