• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

Hello everyone, it has been sooo long since I last got on here, it's difficult finding the time with having Sophia, working and other things keeping me busy. Enough of the excuses though, it's been lovely getting on here this morning and having a read through to see how everyone's toddlers are doing.

I love how our little ones are becoming very independent now and their personalities shining through strong :)

Sophia is a chatty little girl, she has developed a language all of her own, she likes using her tongue, rolling it and making different sounds, it's interesting watching her talk to her toys and teddies. Sophia likes books too and will happily sit quietly browsing through the pages, sometimes giggling to herself finding something amusing on the pages. Sophia likes music too and dancing, she'll grab my hand and pull me off the sofa or away from whatever I'm doing at the time and lets me know that she wants me to dance with her. Our cheeky little madam has taken to laughing in our face when being told off though! The other day y mum was telling her off and wagged her finger at her, big mistake! If my husband is telling her no for whatever reason, Sophia will then look at me and wag her finger at me, I have to tell her, "daddy's talking to you" but she laughs and carry's on wagging her finger at me as though it's me who's in trouble coz she knows she's being cheeky. It's difficult not to laugh.
Sophia has also discovered stomping her feet if she can't have her own way but we just ignore it and she soon stops, we don't have that many tantrums from her....yet, I think maybe the feet stomping maybe the start though?
Sophia loves other children, older and younger than herself, she's happy to join in with whatever they're up to and happy to share her toys, if the child is younger and can't interact Sophia looks confused and upset as though she's been snubbed lol. I'm glad she likes other children through, because I've not long found out that I'm pregnant and our next will be due this September! I'm already looking forward to starting maternity leave, putting my feet up with a cuppa and having the time to log on here more often.

Happy New Year to all :)

well zanes going thru the i dont want to eat i want to play stage again:dohh: the silly boy lol.

hes still wanting a night bottle and last night he had 4 bottles, hes driving me nuts, potty training is going to be so hard if i cant get him to cut night feeds out.

anyone else thought about potty training yet? im not starting till hes 2 but thats only in 8 months!

i cant believe our babies are going to be 2 this yr

EDIT: oh congrats heaven on ur bfp x

Gabbi still has abottle at about 8 which she falls asleep during and then goes to bed. She wont go bed awake!!

This will change when we get to the new house (WHEN!) because she will go straight into a new routine with a big girl bed!!! Start as we mean to go on!

As for potty training, thought about it and that's it! lol No, I read that it's best to start at 18 months at the earliest as they don't really udnerstand before this and they still don't have much control. So I just thought it best not to even try and stress about failing until she was really ready.

I watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 sometimes and she said how she managed to potty train the girls almost straight away but the boys took longer. I think I migjht write and ask what her secret is!! lol

i can imagine why boys are harder lol they hate just sitting down lol i was told between 2-3 is a really good time to start potty training, im in no rush to make him do anything he makes the rules when it comes to things like that lol.

zane goes to his big boy bed with a bottle but screams in his sleep and wont give up till he has a bottle of his baby milk and recently hes started waking in the night too and walking into my room so thats yet another bottle he has to have, he drives me crazy haha.

his dad was the same he had to have a bottle in the middle of the night too! thats men for u tho lol

oh he also did a pee on my new suade sofa last night :'( lol

Sophia still has a night bottle, she has it around 8pm and falls asleep during it so we can then transfer her to bed. If we try putting her to bed whilst she's still awake, even though tired, she'll fight it and scream for hours, usually ending up in our room for the night.

We are going to start looking at beds for Sophia now because little monkey can climb over her cot, even though the matress is at the lowest setting, she's already successfully climbed out of it and onto our bed (whilst her cot was at the end of our bed) so I worry that she'll do it and just fall to the floor.

Potty training is something I'm already debating over when to start, I know she's only 16 months but I'm wondering what will be easiest, trying potty training now before new baby arrives or after new baby arrives? I think she'd be curious about the potty and willing to try but I don't want to pressure her.

id then just say buy a potty and let her sit on it so shes used to that and take it from hos she reacts.

i was talking to my mil and she said "all my kids had to be potty trained by 18 months cuz i wasnt guna keep buying nappies" i was in shock by her comment, if she cudnt afford nappies or didnt wana change them she shudnt of had children (shes a terrible mother anyway)

some kids are ready early and some arent, my little sister wasnt ready till she was 3 but then was trained in a week.

edit: zane never climbed out of his cot i decided to put him in his big boy bed with a side guard when he was around 11 months and he loved it

That's reassuring to know that Zane was in a bed of his own at 11 months, my friend thinks I'm crazy for putting Sophia in her own bed already but I think it's more crazy to risk her climbing out and falling to the floor, at least falling out of a bed she wouldn't have so far to fall as from the cot. I think Sophia will like having her own bed, she's so tall and on the nights (when she's poorly) that we have her in her cot at the end of our bed we often get disturbed by her legs stretching and hitting the cot frame, poor thing, so the freedom to stretch in her own big bed will be lovely for her. :)

Yeah I don't think there'll be any harm me buying her a potty and introducing her to it, if she's keen to learn and gets on with it great! but if not then I'm not going to pressure her or worry myself over it.

I think it's a bit much of your mil to have had expectations of her kids to have already potty trained by a certain age, it puts stress on the child and stress on you too if it doesn't go to plan and so what if it cost extra in having to buy nappies for longer lol.

shes not a very nice person, she basicaly slagged zane off for crying and making her ill when he was the poor one not knowin what was wrong with him.

i wont rant about her anymore haha im tempted to buy zane a very cheap potty and see what he does just so when it comes to the actualy training its not scary in anyway, hes a very picky boy

:wave: hi ladies. Aww good to hear about your Lo's they all sound like they doin fab.

Sofia sounds like a character! Congrats on your bfp too :dust:

I am not allowing myself to think about potty training as that means no more lush napies for us :hissy: but in reality i do keep finding myself wondering when a good time would be.

So a lil up date on Mills, she's good becoming a right little madam! She's finally standing up and walking around furniture though she doesn't dare let go lol! Her words are really good she can say quite a bit really, she took one look at her tea the other night (it was her favourite) and went 'ohhh wow!' lol it was uber cute! She's eats properly with a fork and spoon now aswell, also loves her books and will happily sit there flicking through. Infact I found her hiding round the side of the sofa yesterday happily sat there flicking through my magazine she nicked off the table :blush:

Hope everyone else is okay :hugs:

zane still wont eat with a spoon or fork its driving me nuts, but hes not eating much right now hes far too busy running around like a mad man lol

zanes also saying more words and hes constantly pointing and saying whos that? or whats that and will do things i ask him to do sometimes haha

Yea we get the pointing and she says there or ta lol

We just kept putting the cutlery in front of her at meal times and after a couple of weeks she just did it one day.

hiya girls!

Wow they are all growing up sooooo fast!

I am trying to think of what has happened since my last post in here, so much!
Daisy is now in her big girls bed, she took to it perfectly! I honestly thought I would be running back and forth puting her back in but she just cuddled up with her blanket and went to sleep and thats been her since!

She stopped saying as much for a while there but it has all come back with a vengence!

Donna, Daisy wanders around say8ing "oh wow" too! at everything that she sees, and if its not that its "whats that?"
It can grow very old as she does it all day!

We have introduced potty training too, she has a potty that she likes to sit on and read her books :dohh:

I take off her nappy in the mornings and evenings before bathtime and she toddles around with her peppa pig knickers on!
She says "pee" when she is about to pee so we know to get her on the potty!

She is a little monster though! Yesterday she pushed a chair over to our sideboard where I had a glass of diet irn bru sitting (well out of her way i thought!) took it down and it spilled all over my sofa and carpet.
I have since found out that irn bru never washes out so there goes our no claims bonus with our insurance!!

aww such a clever girl daisy :happydance:

as for the irn bru though oops lol! i saw it on your fb yesterday, have u tried stardrops aswell?

wow daisys so clever to say pee when she needs to go bless her.

iron bru is evil stuff lol my oh spilt it down a white hoody but he was able to wash it off luckly dont no how mant times he went thru the wash with bleach and vanish tho.

i give zane a spoon and fork with every meal and he does hold then and even stabs at food with his fork but he will just use his other hand to pick up more food to eat lol

aww such a clever girl daisy :happydance:

as for the irn bru though oops lol! i saw it on your fb yesterday, have u tried stardrops aswell?

yep, OHs mum suggested that, the girl on the phone from the insurance company said she will send someone out to see if it can be professionaly cleaned but then she said she already knows the outcome as this happens alot!

Nothing gets irn bru out! I serched online and a company were said to have made a formula that removes it but they stopped selling it!

yea thats what emilia does if its something hard (sausages that kind if thing) she'll use both fingers and fork. if its something sloppy though like cottage pie / risotto etc she will use a spoon. I think sometimes she's too hungry to mess about lol

wow daisys so clever to say pee when she needs to go bless her.

iron bru is evil stuff lol my oh spilt it down a white hoody but he was able to wash it off luckly dont no how mant times he went thru the wash with bleach and vanish tho.

i give zane a spoon and fork with every meal and he does hold then and even stabs at food with his fork but he will just use his other hand to pick up more food to eat lol

LOL I did think of diluted bleach but didnt want a huge white stain! Oh well, we will get a new carpet and sofa!

Daisy is the same with her fork, she uses it, but if she is really hungry she will just use her hands!

always nice to get new things lol

i bought myself a nice new sofa blue suade and zane decided to pee all over it the other day hahaha ive been sent out a cleaning product spot and stain remover from a company called guardsman furniture solution group.

also ive just recived a letter inviting zane to get a swine flu jab and im just not sure if i want him to have it or not, oh wants him to go for it and its on a saturday so i no oh will take him so ive hid the letter till i make my mind up hahaha

has anyones los had the jab or have u decided against it?

I have decided against it.

Honestly I have gone over it in my head a million times, but I just dont think that a vaccine that they created within weeks of the flu outbreak will be tested enough.

I just keep thinking about the Thalidomide drug they gave pregnant women in the 60's, I know medicine has come on leaps and bounds since then, but I still feel like the government were under pressure to rush a vaccine because of the amount of people who were falling ill.

Tbh i think emilia had it when they thought i did but unfortunatly we couldn't get her into the docs till it was too late so will never know for certain. I'm undecided though, still 50 50 as Andrea says i'm not entirely sure on it's well safeness for want of a better word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->