september babies

False labor accompanied by killer heartburn last night. Ugh. So glad everything is ready though.

I have everything packed and ready to go. After my dash to hospital empty handed at 34+5 I could not settle until I had everything by the door ready to go. :thumbup:

I seen my midwife today. LO is 3/5ths engaged and in the right position.
My next appointment isn't until I'm 38+5!
I though I'd be seeing her every week by now and whenever I mention to anyone that I'm still going 2 weeks between appointments they say I shouldn't be.

How often are all of the early September mummies seeing their midwife now? X

I see my midwife every 2 weeks too. I saw her at 36 weeks and im seeing her at 37 weeks because she cant fit me in at 38 weeks. After 37 weeks il next see her at 39 weeks x

I have everything packed and ready to go. After my dash to hospital empty handed at 34+5 I could not settle until I had everything by the door ready to go. :thumbup:

yeah, this is what I worry about! I wanted to pack my bag weeks ago but held off...

had my 36wk mw apt today all was perfect she estimated that bubba will weigh between 6lb 5oz and 7lb 10oz.. he is 4/5 engaged ceph and long... so all good x

i have my midwive app tomorow, think just the usual BP, have a feel and HB hopefully, only heard bubs heartbeat once in this pregnancy

i had my app yesterday for 33 weeks then i go back in 3 weeks so i will be 36 weeks, she said they will do an ultrasound to c what position baby is in and about how much she should weigh.....as of now she is still sideways and has a good strong heartbeat and plenty of movement

:cry::cry::cry::cry: omg i am in so much pain in the front of my pubic bone....sleeping is a complete nightmare, and just getting up hurts. its so hard with a 2 year old

:cry::cry::cry::cry: omg i am in so much pain in the front of my pubic bone....sleeping is a complete nightmare, and just getting up hurts. its so hard with a 2 year old
I have this and my Mw said its completely normal to get worse as its everything moving and loosening ready for labour.
I slip with a wedge pillow under my bump and a pillow between my thighs i find it helps x

Happy full-term day to meeee ! :rofl: :happydance: :dance:
I'm a watermelon ! Yippee !! Xx

Yep another who has to wedge herself with pillows and cushions lol! I had a 33 wk GP appointment last week and not seeing the MW (who still doesn't know who the hell I am :growlmad:) until 36 weeks and then she comes to my house at 38 weeks to discuss birth plan, does anyone else think this is a bit late? I'm planning a home birth so a bit worried as she's a bloody useless MW and probably won't come til I'm nearer 39 weeks that this is pushing it for my third baby??? :shrug:

Yep another who has to wedge herself with pillows and cushions lol! I had a 33 wk GP appointment last week and not seeing the MW (who still doesn't know who the hell I am :growlmad:) until 36 weeks and then she comes to my house at 38 weeks to discuss birth plan, does anyone else think this is a bit late? I'm planning a home birth so a bit worried as she's a bloody useless MW and probably won't come til I'm nearer 39 weeks that this is pushing it for my third baby??? :shrug:

Wow that does seem to be pushing it a bit :shrug: I'd be scared that I'd have already had the baby by then !! Maybe you should call her and explain that you'd rather see her earlier as you're anxious to get the birth plan sorted and discuss the home birth so that you don't have to stress about the baby showing up before anything's been talked about :hugs: be persistent !! X

Thankyou :) Just what I was thinking but she doesn't really appear to care about anything :( I can never get hold of her on her mobile either (only number I have for MW's), not feeling very confident this pregnancy and it's making me look forward to my home birth less now :(

Violet3 happy watermelon day to us! And any other 2nd September mummies out there! Xx

Thankyou :) Just what I was thinking but she doesn't really appear to care about anything :( I can never get hold of her on her mobile either (only number I have for MW's), not feeling very confident this pregnancy and it's making me look forward to my home birth less now :(

oooh my MW is the same as yours!! I spoke to her at 6 weeks, and then she came to my house at 8 weeks for my booking in appointment.... and I havent seen her or heard from her since!! I am classed as "High Risk" and am booked in at the Consultant Led Unit for the birth, but she told me she would be seeing me throughout for all "normal" MW appointments.

She told me to ring her after my 20 week scan so I could arrange my MATB1 with her, and further appointments, and I tried to call her a few times, left VM on her mobile but havent heard a peep! :nope:

Ended up getting my MATB1 from a MW at the hospital :dohh:

Now I do go to the hospital quite alot, usually every 2nd and 3rd week of the month to have blood tests and then to get the results and to get my meds altered... and have had extra scans so I dont know if this is why she isnt getting back to me because she assumes I am seeing a MW at the hospital?? But it would be nice of her to at least return my calls!!

But I havent got another appointment now until 38 weeks, and I just assumed I would be seen every week for the last month? Maybe I am wrong?

xx

Congratulations on your wedding Emzul! :D :happydance:

That is dreadful!!! I don't know why some of these women bother to practice midwifery, they would be better off in a 'non-caring' profession :nope: My first MW (1st pregnancy) had a much busier, bigger area to cover and she was simply wonderful & really made an effort to make it feel special for me despite how busy she was. This one doesn't give a crap, in fact even though she knew I'd had a miscarriage & D&C just weeks before, she'd forgotten at my first booking appointment with this one :nope: I really have no faith in her and doubt everything she says. I have told her previously I want a home birth but it went in one ear and out of the other and I think she may have forgotten again.

I would have thought you'd definitely be seeing yours before 38 weeks especially if this is your 1st pregnancy? I'll (try) & ring mine if you try & ring yours lol!! Sorry you're in the same 'crap MW' boat as me :( :flower:

just wanted to drop in and say goodluck to all sept mummies! nearly there ;)

Thanks dacosta ! :hugs: Your LO has the same birthday as my little nephew :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->