september babies

Congratulations on your wedding Emzul! :D :happydance:

That is dreadful!!! I don't know why some of these women bother to practice midwifery, they would be better off in a 'non-caring' profession :nope: My first MW (1st pregnancy) had a much busier, bigger area to cover and she was simply wonderful & really made an effort to make it feel special for me despite how busy she was. This one doesn't give a crap, in fact even though she knew I'd had a miscarriage & D&C just weeks before, she'd forgotten at my first booking appointment with this one :nope: I really have no faith in her and doubt everything she says. I have told her previously I want a home birth but it went in one ear and out of the other and I think she may have forgotten again.

I would have thought you'd definitely be seeing yours before 38 weeks especially if this is your 1st pregnancy? I'll (try) & ring mine if you try & ring yours lol!! Sorry you're in the same 'crap MW' boat as me :( :flower:

Aww thanks!!

Yeah she is pretty poor, I know they are busy but she could at least return my calls? I think next week I will ring the hospital and ask if I need to be seen any more, and explain that my MW has fallen off the face of the earth :haha:

I dont like to make a fuss or anything, but being high risk and with it being my 1st, I would have assumed I would be seen a little bit more? Have had bump measured twice in the whole pregnancy, and once was because there was a student Dr there and it was purely to show her how to do it!?

My problem is, I always have these questions in my head what to ask, but by the time I have waited and then been in and spoken to someone, I completely forget to ask! LOL

I would ring her.... but to be honest I dont think I want her anymore now :nope: I will just see if I can have the one from hospital, there is one who has taken my bloods a couple of times and she was lovely, so might see if she will be mine for the last 4 (or 6 :wacko: weeks!) xx

Sounds like the care you've received is totally crap :growlmad: Only been measured twice? OMG... I totally don't blame you for not wanting to ring her, I feel the same... ring the hosp yes, are there any other community midwives worth trying to get hold of? Not here unfortunately, I've seen a few now and they're all rubbish for varying reasons.

As for forgetting questions! lol yes, done that enough times, I write them now on a post-it note and stick on the front of my notes :winkwink: I'd ring the hosp if I were you and tell them you're worried you're not being seen sooner. I'm going to have to ring my MW and remind her I'm having a home birth I think! Let us know how you get on :)

The hospital care has been good I think.... like I said, I am there quite often, and the nurses/MW's there are lovely, but they just take my blood every 2 weeks and then I go back the next week to get the results and see the Dr/Consultant whoever to find out if my injections need to be increased.... one of them joked on Weds I should be on the payroll because I am there so often LOL

I do think its all a misunderstanding, I think they assume I am still seeing the community MW and just go there for my bloods etc.... I am meant to be going back a week on Weds when I will be just under 38 weeks.... will say something then... tad late perhaps?! LOL xx

Aww home birth!! Thats lovely! I am not allowed to have one, wasnt even given the choice!

xx

I always thought that midwives are lovely people who you have a real connection with during your pregnancy and someone you feel you can talk to and would give you all of the "need to know info"
Especially as this is my first pregnancy and everything is totally new to me. She hasn't asked if I intend to breastfeed or bottlefeed. I have to ask her if I want to know anything and often leave feeling uninformed and let down. If I don't make a list of what I want to ask I end up forgetting too (baby brain).

I went to Parenting classes and Labour classes at the hospital where I plan to give birth and the midwives in hospital seem so lovely and couldn't help enough!
I'm hoping that this wasn't just a good first impression and I'll have someone nice to share my birth with.

Hope you all have nicer hospital based midwives or ones who attend your birth if you're home-birthing.
xx

Can't wait for this little one to be here! I was just told by my OB that at my last scan the baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead.I have been diagnosed with polyhydramnios since about 23 weeks and I've been on bedrest ever since.She did however give me some encouraging news at my last visit.I have to have another scan and NST on Tues and if baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead,she will be moving up my due date by 2 weeks..yay!! I'm currently 35 weeks measuring 47cm so I am more than eager to have this baby lol...anyone else due around Sept 16??

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt108e55.aspx

due in 18th.

I wont be needing to see the consultant until 21st sept after my due date because hes happy with everything and baby's growing. So I'm seeing midwife weekly until delivery. I am more than ready to have him here. I havent done my hospital bag yet!!!! I should be doing them sooner but has been putting it off because I didnt take my hospital bag with me after water broken and panic same time and didnt think a thing about it and only wanted to go to hospital! lol..

Xxx

Can't wait for this little one to be here! I was just told by my OB that at my last scan the baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead.I have been diagnosed with polyhydramnios since about 23 weeks and I've been on bedrest ever since.She did however give me some encouraging news at my last visit.I have to have another scan and NST on Tues and if baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead,she will be moving up my due date by 2 weeks..yay!! I'm currently 35 weeks measuring 47cm so I am more than eager to have this baby lol...anyone else due around Sept 16??

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt108e55.aspx

I'm due the 16th, can't wait for baby to arrive. All the people at my work keep telling me it will be late as it's my first child though! :)

Hope your baby arrives safely around the 16th too! :)

I'm starting to think maybe a section will be good I will have baby in my arms in 2 weeks instead of waiting 3 weeks till due date then going over another 10 days, pure selfish I know :)

im kind of regretting agreeing to ecv....were u offered one sinead? xx

I'm only going for the scan on monday to checck the position, I know its still breech and will be offered an ecv but don't know what to do as I'm rhs negative aswell which is more risky again. Did u get one??

Same as me im rhs negative as well ive said yes and its booked for tuesday morning i dont know if i should do it though.... Im having second thoughts x

Think it worth a try, I've done loads of reading online and their is very little risk they reckon, they say they only try a little bit and know if the baby will move after a few seconds, there loads of videos on youtube it looks uncomfortable, did they top up your anti-d??

they will do afterwards, ive had my 34 weeks shot a bit late this week but assume they will give me another. Ill let u know what its like! more likely to work if its not your first baby ive read so i guess u have even more chance than me. I will only be 36+2 though and it seems early to do it? im preparing myself to become a mum on tuesday just incase :s i know it sounds mental and its only a few percent but its gotta happen to someone hasnt it and in my experience it usually is me lol xx

Yeah I'd say it will be a no go for you if this is your first unless its a small baby, ul prob be taken in at 39 weeks for a section, did they tell you to bring your bags with you??

yeah they told me to bring my bags in the car as a precaution....im totally ready anyway but im just making sure when i leave tuesday morning everything is prepared just incase. hes average sized, not big but not small, im sure its worth a try, i would just hate myself if something went wrong knowing that i have this doubt in my head about having it.

I'm sure ul be ok, they monitor your baby for half an hour before and a half an hour after, and during it aswell, don't think they would put your baby at risj and you can tell them to stop at any time, think its just scary when you've never done it before and then people tell you horror stories that their friends went through, tell the consultant your fears and hopefully he or she will be able to make you more at ease

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->