September Clomid Users!

Am I gearing up to ovulate?

Attachments

• PicsArt_1413223232661.jpg
    PicsArt_1413223232661.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5
Don't up the dose unless your DR tells you to and that most likely won't be until your next cycle. But hopefully you wont need to :) It seems like metformin and clomid do the trick for a lot of people. I have 80 cysts but my doctor didn't offer me the metformin. Is it because I have no other symptoms?

My metformin helps me with my eating habits and my weight... I tend to be always hungry with my PCOS and it settles that down.

Also without my metformin I don't have af on my on my own. Im having my af more or less every month on metformin.

I've never used these type of OPK tests I use Clearblue digital

Jeeeeez. That was a miserable miserable :witch: One day of cramping was worst than the next... for DAYS :sick:. Whew... Now on to all the testing! I should get my CD3 blood work results back at my appointment on Wednesday (and I'll also get another ultrasound then). Then on to the HSG Thursday! And I think the DH is going to try to get his stuff taken care of then too. Busy week but lots of incoming information! :thumbup:

Sarah - Welcome, and yes, a lot of women get good results on 50 mg... I would think your doctor will consult with you each month on if you should continue or up the dosage (and if he doesn't reach out to you, I'd reach out to him). Good luck!

AJR - I think it looks like you still might have a little time before O, but I'm terrible at predicting OPKs... I just know when I see a pos lol.

Thanks ladies :flower:

In limbo waiting till Thursday now so I can start provera. But nervous though

Am I gearing up to ovulate?

On clomid the earliest is 5 days after the last pill, up to 10 days after the last pill. I was 5 days, I have never used those one either but the last one looks as tho it is darkening up. you should start taking your temp too, that will confirm that you have O'd. (when you do)

Jeeeeez. That was a miserable miserable :witch: One day of cramping was worst than the next... for DAYS :sick:. Whew... Now on to all the testing! I should get my CD3 blood work results back at my appointment on Wednesday (and I'll also get another ultrasound then). Then on to the HSG Thursday! And I think the DH is going to try to get his stuff taken care of then too. Busy week but lots of incoming information! :thumbup:

Sarah - Welcome, and yes, a lot of women get good results on 50 mg... I would think your doctor will consult with you each month on if you should continue or up the dosage (and if he doesn't reach out to you, I'd reach out to him). Good luck!

AJR - I think it looks like you still might have a little time before O, but I'm terrible at predicting OPKs... I just know when I see a pos lol.

I know what you mean, i never get cramps - really - and even still today I am feeling as if I just ovulated on both sides and we all know that is not the case seeing that i am on CD 4!!!

Im excited for you, :) all good stuff coming your way. Have you had that test before - one thing they didnt tell me was to bring a pad although they did give me one they looked at me like i had 2 heads cause i didnt have one on me. LOL
Keep us posted as to how things went.

Ok, here I go onto month 2 of clomid... I took a test this morning even though AF showed up like the bugger she is - i still feel better knowing it was negative prior to taking clomid for another month. I was in a bit of anoying pain last night, mostly on my right side pokes and pops almost as if I O'd -.- horrible feeling very consistant. I hope it does not get worse this month. Well it can LOL as long as I get a double linner on a PG test. :D

Hey ladies,

So I have the opposite question:

For the past two months I've taken 100mg of clomid cd3-7. I'm wondering if that might be too much? I've heard that clomid can thin the uterine lining and/or create such mature follies that they turn to cysts. Anyone have any info on how common that may be? I ovulate on my own - so maybe I don't need 100mg? What if that dosage is actually working against me? My doc is kind of impossible to get through to (not her fault, the medical facility I go to has a call center with clinical staff who are encouraged to answer any and all questions "they can" - it's frustrating and definitely a downside to working with your ob instead of an RE). Also she doesn't monitor so there's no real way for her to know whether this dosage is too much for me or not.

It's just - I got pregnant once before on zero clomid - so should I be taking 100mg? I'm considering dropping myself down to 50mg this cycle. What do you ladies think?

20years, it's crazy what we are willing to go through for a healthy baby! When I get a BFP I will even pray for some symptoms for reassurance!

Savasanna, that's a hard one! I've gotten pregnant twice and my OB started me at 50 mg but I'm in the middle of my cycle and don't know how it's working. I keep thinking "the more the better" but that is not true with clomid. It might be good to try the 50 mg but after taking 100 mg I don't know if that will cause your body to do anything wacky. What do you feel more comfortable doing?

I think I'm leaning toward dropping down to the 50mg. Do you think going from more to less could make my body respond in a weird way? I honestly hadn't even thought of that.

I start on 50mg Im hoping I Don't need to up my dose straight away.... :shrug:

It's a new cycle so maybe not! Worth a try.

I also take metformin and been getting af quite regular. So maybe it will work :dohh:

My LH surge is getting lighter. Did I have a weak O? Or did I somehow miss a surge. Ugh

Attachments

• PicsArt_1413352951401.jpg
    PicsArt_1413352951401.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3
My LH surge is getting lighter. Did I have a weak O? Or did I somehow miss a surge. Ugh

no keep going, the first positive could be 5 days after your last pill. Up to 10 days after your last pill.

Sooo, if you took clomid from CD 5-9 --- you should O between
CD 14-CD23.

This is why I temp, I hate wondering if I did or not especially on meds that are designed to make me. Plus, when I do see the temp spike I know I O'd the day before I still try to BD just in case my egg is not a morning egg (therefore moves slower, like I do without coffee) LOL

AJR - I agree with 20years, definitely keep going. My OPKs flucuated lighter and darker (but all not positive) for a while before I got my real positive. Plus it still early! What days did you take Clomid on?

AFM - Got another doc appt today! I'll get another ultrasound (which means more info on that cyst), plus I think I should get my blood work results back. Kind of nervous about those numbers.... but the whole reason I'm going with the RE is to fix what's wrong, so in some ways bad numbers are good (assuming they're easily fixable)

Thanks guys! I always ovulate CD13 or 14. Just felt from the beginning this wasn't my month at least not on the first round of clomid. I have high hopes for next month though lol.

I took it CD 6-10 because my appt was that day and I didn't want to wait. I hope I ovulate soon this is going by so slow. I should temp I just have never tried and I don't have a thermometer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->