• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September IUI's!

It can seem overwhelming but just try to take everything in stride. Step by step. I did not have to go to counseling but I've heard many do and this is common. I think it was overlooked for me 1. because I'm going through my ob, not an RE; and 2. because we're two women, so obviously we'd be using donor sperm of some sort. There is a whole process that we have to go through once I'm pregnant so that my wife can do a "pre-birth adoption". I dont' know much about that yet, but my friends went through it so I figure I'll just seek out their guidance once that time comes.

I do use opks. I use clearblue digital, not advanced. That's the one that just gives you a smiley or no, not the one that flashes first like fossie mentioned. They're around 30-35 on amazon.

I definitely had side effects from clomid but they were nothing unbearable. While I was taking it I was a little moody/emotional. I broke down in tears spiraling down the "I'm never going to get pregnant" rabbit hole randomly one day.. but I've done that while not on clomid as well. haha. That was my biggest side effect. Post ovulation though the clomid did make my breasts quite sore - which I wish I had known about ahead of time. Oh, and my wife says I'm still a little more on the edgy side than usual.. but sometimes I wonder if she's just blaming clomid every time I say something that annoys her. haha. In any event - I'd take it again and I'd 100% say it's worth a pregnancy.

GL to you!

Savasanna - LOL I love it that you say your wife is blaming your moods on clomid. I swear I've been grouchier but that may just be me blaming my moods on meds as well :) Any news? Are your temps still up?

Madtown - Did you test today?

AFM - I went in for my beta this morning. I'm just waiting impatiently for the call with my results :)

Oh my gosh Raelynn!! I can't wait to hear your beta news!!

And yea.. my wife was totally pmsing the other day and then saying that *I* was acting irrationally from clomid. Of course I couldn't say anything because she was on an hormonal spin and we all know how well we take it when someone calls out our PMS.. but I so badly wanted to yell "IT'S NOT ME THIS TIME!!!" Lordy lordy - I love being married to a woman (obviously) but the whole two hormone cycles thing can be tricky sometimes.

My temp stepped down just a tad this morning, but is still on the high side of normal. Yesteray was exciting because it shot up to higher than "high normal" and today it's just high normal. I'm not disappointed necessarily. Just cautiously waiting to see what happens tomorrow. I will say that by 11dpo (the day I am today) last month my boobs had stopped being clomid sore, I had pretty strong menstrual cramping and my temp dropped significantly. 11dpo was the spend the day crying because the cycle failed day. And that's not the case today. It could be tomorrow.. but it's not today. AHHH! This tww is a killer. I SO want to test..

Beta results are in: 167! Woohoo! I go back in on Friday to check progression. My first beta with my daughter was 166 and was taken a day later so good numbers!

Congrats Raelynn! Brilliant!

Hey Luster! How are you doing? You and I have almost perfectly opposite cycles so you must be gearing up to o pretty soon, no?

Hey ladies,

Congrats Rae!!!! Hopefully we can have more BFP'S to come.

ATM I'm just waiting on AF. I'm sure she'll be here tomorrow on time as usual. Lol

MZ - why do you think AF is about to show? Your chart still looks good!

I did test today, and as expected, BFN. I tried not to get my hopes up, but I'm still disappointed.

Aaaaggghh! Congrats, Rae! That is so exciting. So glad to see a BFP on here! :happydance:

Savasanna - you're situation is sounding promising, too! When are you planning on testing?

Madtowngirl - I'm sorry :/ Are you going straight into another cycle?

Mzhwd - keep hope alive until AF actually shows!

AFM, I go in tomorrow morning for cd3 b/w and u/s and decided to try letrozole for this cycle. If all goes to plan, I imagine my next IUI will be late next week, then get to start this damn 2ww thing all over again, lol!

Mzhw - You never know! Hopefully AF stays away!

Madtown - I'm so sorry you got a negative. I was really hoping for you! Are you planning on doing another cycle?

fossie - Hoping the letrozole is the key this cycle. Good luck!

I'd like to go straight into another cycle, but with AF not showing, I'm concerned that I didn't o on time. I'm worried that the trigger didn't work.

Are you on any meds like progesterone? Some can delay AF. When did you take the trigger shot?

No, I'm not on any meds. I took the trigger shot at 9 p.m. on 22Sep. Today is 14dpiui

Weird. Maybe it is just a day late or something. Did you take and ovulation test or anything after the trigger?

Also, maybe you could speak with your doctor as don't some do one last monitoring appointments after your iui to confirm ovulation? I feel like I've read that from some ladies here. At the same time 14dpiui could still be within the range of normal AF time. I'm so sorry you got bfn - maybe you just have a late bfp coming your way?

AFM - My temp still didn't fall today!! :happydance: It stayed exactly where it was yesterday. I'm pretty happy with this, although I would've been happIER if it had stepped up a tiny bit. Haha - us ttc ladies, always looking for more! Really I'm just nervous to get hopeful and I want something CLEAR to hang my heart on - but my temp is usually declining by 12dpo. Oh man - these last few days are proving to be so nerve wracking! I'm testing on Sunday, provided AF doesn't show by then.

Hey ladies so I'm out The Witch got me as scheduled lol.

I doubt I'll be doing anymore iui's for the remainder of the year (which is only 2). I need to put more focus into work. I feel like I've been taking away from that with all of these appointments to keep up with. GL to everyone still waiting. I may check in from time to time. I hope that we all get our BFP soon.

So sorry to hear that, MZ. I hope this little break is what you need to refuel. GL to you!

mzhwd - I'm so sorry AF came. I know what you mean about all these appointments taking so much time and attention. Hopefully the break is good for you and you can come back to it when you're ready.

Savasanna - So excited that your temps are still up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you on Sunday!

Thanks, Rae! Hoping I can join you in the first tri soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->