• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September IUI's!

Temp drop. Bfn. Heartbroken. Crying.

This is so hard - I feel so stupid.

Savasanna, I am so, so sorry. :( I am heartbroken for you, too. You should never say you feel stupid. Only those ttc can understand how it feels to want something so badly. And we all have to stay hopeful and positive, even when it results in one more dreaded bfn. So you can't let yourself feel stupid for having your hopes up. Take this day for yourself, cry and let it out. I understand your pain, and am giving you a big ol' virtual hug.

Sorry Savasanna. I hope you can get on with your new cycle and have a surprise bfp at the end. You deserve it. We all do.

Oh Savasanna, I'm so sorry. You are not stupid. I can't tell you how many tests I took and how much I squinted at those tests willing a line to be there on the cycles I got a BFN. I hope your BFP is on its way soon!

Hey everyone, thanks so much for all your support. Yesterday was sucky. But, as we always do, we're picking ourselves back up and getting ready for next try. Now I'm just waiting for AF to show (who is annoyingly late - still no sign of it)

For all of you on clomid - what dose are you taking? My doc has me on 100mg but I'm wondering if that's too much? She doesn't monitor so I have no idea how my body is responding to this medication. Maybe I'm overstimming? Maybe it's thinning the uterine lining too much? I'm learning one of the annoying things about seeing my ob instead of an RE is that I don't feel as though I'm getting specialized care. Anyway - I'm wondering if, since I do ovulate on my own, maybe I should drop myself down to 50mg instead of 100 this month?

I was on 50mg of clomid but I also have PCOS so it is very easy to overstimulate me. I do feel like with the RE it is nice to be able to see exactly how you are progressing during the cycle. Also, what cycle days do you take clomid because that can matter to. I've heard CD3-7 is typically used to produce multiple eggs while CD5-9 is used to produce a more mature single egg.

I have previously done 50mg on Clomid, and last cycle I only got 1 mature follicle. This cycle, the doctor has me on 100mg to hopefully get more follicles. I have not been formally diagnosed, but I may also have mild PCOS. I think this is why RE's like to monitor you, because everyone responds differently. I realize that might not be an option for you, but it couldn't hurt to bring up your concerns of overstimulation with your OB.

I take 50 MG cd 3-7. I have had 3 follicules and this cycle two really large and she didn't measure the rest.

Hi Savasanna - glad to hear you are back on the up and up. :) So, my first IUI was unmedicated and I am completely ovulating on my own, but the RE did say if the first one didn't take, she would put me on 25mg of Femara/Letrozole (half the normal dosage) for IUI#2. Last month I only had one mature follicle so I'm really curious to see what the meds have done this cycle to my lining and follies. I go in for cd10 u/s on Thursday morning. I'm not sure of any diagnosis you've had, but 100mg seems high to me! And I know it's expensive, but is a RE an option for you?

Raelynn - been thinkin' about ya... did you go back in for another beta?

So who do we have going in for another IUI in the next couple weeks? And who is in the 2ww? It's hard to keep up! I've been o'ing on cd11 pretty regularly so I'm assuming my IUI will be Friday.

fossie - So excited that you're going to have another IUI soon! I hope this is the one for you!

I've had three betas now 167, 289, and 804. I go in for another on Thursday but things are looking good.

That's great news, Raelynn! I'm so glad Friday's scare was just that!

Fossie - I've had zero diagnoses. Everything has come back 100% normal - which is why I'm wondering about the dosage levels. I'm planning on trying to call my doc today, but she's seriously impossible to get through to. Those call center folks are ruthless! I really wish I were seeing an RE at this point, I don't even know if there are any in my area. If this cycle ends up being a bust I think I'm going to make an in office appointment with my doc to try to figure out what to do now. Although I don't really know what other options I have.

I'm also trying to debate whether I should start clomid today or tomorrow. I got my period around 10pm Monday night. It was lighter, but enough to use a tampon/pad for the overnight. Full (HEAVY - unusually heavy.. but I think that's from the clomid) flow my yesterday morning. So was CD1 Monday? Yesterday? I wish everything didn't have to be so confusing!

Yay Rae!! That is really exciting, so glad to hear!

Savasanna - that sounds like a really frustrating situation. I know my doc said she was putting me on low dosage because of the fact they everything tested normal with me, so that seems even more strange that your doc would prescribe double the dosage if you have no known issues. Anyhow, I hope you are able to get some answers, maybe they can schedule you for an in-person consultation with the doc. You'd think they'd realize what a big deal it is for all the women who are TTC! Seems like they take it too lightly sometimes. As for what cycle day, it seems like that was pretty late on Monday to call it day 1, but I don't know for sure... Last month I started full flow at 1:00 in the afternoon and the nurse said count that as Day 1, maybe someone else on here has better info.

madtowngirl - where are you in your cycle? Sounds like we might be close?

So I called my doctor. I find it so obnoxious that they get annoyed with people looking things up online. I mean, I get it - it must be frustrating for people to preach like they know more than you because they did a 20 minute google search while you studied and practiced for years. I get that. But I flat out say "admittedly most of my information is coming from google but...". So I'm trying to be respectful and NOT come off as a know it all and they STILL laugh at me and say "well reading things on the internet is never a good idea..". Excuse me?! This is only the biggest/most excited/most difficult/saddest/frustrating/joyous thing I've ever tried to do in my life - do you really think people are going to just sit back and not care?! It just makes me roll my eyes. This is my body - damn right I'm going to try to learn as much about it and what I'm putting it through that I can. And damn right I'm going to have questions. THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE THERE FOR!

Whew - venting session over!

(Again, this isn't my doctor - this is the triage that I have to go through to get to my doctor)

Anyway.. she's going to get back to me.

Thanks ladies. I'm hoping for more good numbers tomorrow!

Savasanna - My clinic said if you don't get full flow before 6pm then that doesn't count as day 1 so it sounds like yesterday was day 1 for you.

Excellent - everyone is pretty consistently telling me to count yesterday as one so I'm going with that. Thank you!!

Savasanna I had the same thing my af started at 3 pm. I called the following day as cd1 and started clomid cd 3 and it worked well for me. Go with your gut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->