• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September IUI's!

Hey ladies..

Appointment went well.. It was uncomfortable and crampy during the procedure but it was quick and no more cramping now.. All was good and now we wait till this weekend when hopefully I ovulate..WooHoo

Been thinking about you! How are you feeling/doing? Holding out on no home tests?

Today is CD30, 15dpiui. I'm still holding out on not testing but just barely. I assume that the pregnancy symptoms that I'm having are just clomid side effects or side effects from the HCG shot.

I'm scared to buy a test. I have a feeling I will bleed when I get it.

Is it possible that clomid made my cycle longer?

Hello Amigone!

I just read in somewhere that Clomid can cause your cycle to be longer but I don't know how true it is..this was my first time taking it so I don't really know first hand. Fingers crossed for you that what your experiencing are pregnancy symptoms!

Mhanks - glad to hear the procedure went well! I've heard that something about the HSG test can make you extra fertile that cycle so hopefully that bumps up your odds a bit too!

Amigone - Clomid can make your cycle a little longer. I was like 3 days late the last time I took it. It can also make your temps higher than usual. It's such a sneaky little thing.. BUT!! You know what else can make your cycle longer?? A bfp! Fxxx that's what's happening with you. Do you have a beta scheduled or are you just holding out as long as you can?

mhankins - glad to hear your appointment went well! Mine was definitely uncomfortable and crampy, too. Just wanted it to be over! I have also read what Savasanna said about HSG maybe making you more fertile that cycle so who knows? Getting excited for you, your IUI will be here before you know it!!

amigone - I didn't take clomid so can't speak for symptoms, but either way the fact that you haven't started is promising! Fx'd for you!!

Oh I hope that is true! I am very hopeful but at the same time I want to control myself haha

This is making me nuts. Why can't it be Thursday yet?

Amigone I feel for you! Hubby says I will cave and do a hpt. I am hoping I can hold out and not do one. I don't want to get a positive only to be told I am not. I hope I can hang in there like you! Come on Thursday! I hope it flies by!

I don't get a beta, Thursday is pee on a stick day, and if I am positive, I think I follow up with my GP. I believe the clinic is only for trying to make babies, not afterword at all (unless you need the psych there).

Mhankins - when are you due to test? Let's hang in there together!!

Amigone I am waiting to wait lol..Hopefully I will have my IUI on the weekend.. right now I am just checking for ovulation..but for now I have my Fingers crossed for you and hope that the next few days fly by! :)

After band tonight I had to get some groceries. Unattended.

I did not buy a pregnancy test. I stopped and looked at them, but I did not buy.

If I make it to Thursday menses free, I will buy one that morning and use morning-ish pee to test with.

I will not tempt fate and buy one early.

I bet this isn't logical at all but it makes sense to me right now... :p

:dust:

I totally understand Amigone! I am sure it is very hard waiting..I really hope I can hold out like you when the time comes lol..Hubby says I will cave and test so that is some motivation to not test hahhaha

Wow - amazing will power, Amigone! It's so hard when you're that close. Good for you for holding out! Fx for tomorrow - I can't wait to hear everything goes!!

AFM - not much new to report. We were given the go ahead for my donor to schedule his first appointment. My clinic has a sister clinic in a city close to where my donor lives so he doesnt' have to travel up to me for the appointments. This is good and convenient for him, however he doesn't quite have the same urgency as my wife and I do so it's hard for us to let up on the control of the situation. For example - I gave him the phone number yesterday morning and he still hasn't called. If it had been me.. I would've called not five minutes after I was given the go ahead. I hate relying on other people for something so important!

Other than that I'm just obsessively checking the online portal for my clinic and waiting for my lab results. Nothing yet!

Savasanna that has to be so frustrating! It is so hard waiting on other people when you want something so bad! I hope he realizes how important this is to you and your wife and gets his butt moving hahaha

I didn't like waiting for my bloodwork and I kept checking the app I have that shows me all that as well.. However, just saw the bill for all of my bloodwork..I could have waited to see that for years hahaha..Can't believe how much they charge and of course insurance doesn't cover anything!

Haha - right?! It's insane how much all this costs! What's even more insane is that I spent half the day today playing phone tag with my clinic trying to find out the costs of my donor's appts and blood work and NO ONE could tell me! You guys are really good at collecting but apparently suck at knowing what you're going to bill!!

Mhanks - where in PA are you? (if you don't mind sharing) I grew up in Pennsylvania. About an hour north of Philly.

Amigone - hang in there its almost Thursday...I am the same way I want to test but I will hold off until Friday for blood work

Mhankins - yeah for this weekend!! I am excited for you. Yes when that time comes prove hubby wrong and NOT test. Wow sorry to hear your insurance is not covering your blood work dear. These medical bills will drive you to drink and cry. Its crazy that there are insurance companies that don't cover all fertility procedures and meds.

Savasanna - sorry to hear your donor is not treating this situation with urgency...giving control to others is very hard but even hard when things are time sensitive. I am sure things will work out for you.

I am in the Mount Joy/Lancaster area :)

When you guys go in for your bloodwork after your tww do you find out some what right away or do they make you wait some more?

They billed us $1200 for my bloodwork..insanneee...they did test for quite a few things but gees! (this is the lab not my RE)..I am just going to focus on the fact that it is worth it rather than how much we are paying haha.. I think insurance should at least help with some of the testing :(

Nice - I grew up in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area. I was so excited to leave when I graduated from high school, and LOVE where I live now.. but sometimes I miss the comforts of Pennsyltuckey!

Woh that's a high price tag for those labs! My clinic told me that the labs they just ran on me weren't classified as "fertility" tests so I'm crossing my finger's my insurance will at least cover those. Absolutely no dice on my donor's blood panel though. Hence the curiosity of how much this is going to cost. I feel badly saying this but we've hit a point where this is a money game. I found out the IUI is literally double from this new clinic so we just need to do a little financial planning.

Amigone! It's Thursday!! updates??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->