• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September IUI's!

Good Morning, Ladies!

I am new on this thread. Have, of course, been stalking it since I started this journey and finally decided to write, ha!

Luster: I'm so sorry, but there's still a chance it is a little early, right? I am 6dpiui and have been telling myself the whole time that the earliest I can test is 12dpiui. Any signs of AF? There could still be hope!!

This is my first time in my life TTC and first ever 2ww! I am 36 and single, and finally decided that I needed to pursue my dream of being a mother since "Mr. Right" hasn't made his appearance yet. So I am using frozen DS. I am going through a RE, all preliminary bloodwork and HSG came back normal/great, so we went unmedicated the first round. But the doc said that even though I should have no trouble conceiving "on paper", to not expect my first IUI to take. :( Has anyone else been told this and do you know why they say that?

I figured I would post my specifics since I have been obsessing over everyone else's numbers to see if they're like mine, ha!

9/17 - cd8, OPK low (the month before OPK was high on cd8 and cd9, peak on cd9 and cd10)
9/18 - cd9, OPK low
9/19 - cd10, OPK still low, feeling discouraged. U/S and B/W at 8:15am, they say I have one mature follicle on my right ovary, 19mm, will call later in the afternoon with my bloodwork results, may trigger depending on results. Called at 4:40pm, numbers are good, no trigger needed, IUI next morning!!
9/20 - cd11, IUI at 9:45am. Doc said 15 million swimmers. I thought that was low but he said they look for at least 5 million. Very slight cramping when they inserted catheter. Rest of the day, A LOT of cramping and bloated, not comfortable at all!
9/21 - 1dpiui, cramping subsided
9/22 - 2dpiui, no symptoms
9/23 - 3dpiui, no symptoms
9/24 - 4dpiui, noticed slight tenderness in my boobs starting that afternoon
9/25- 5dpiui, boobs still feeling sore, "pinching" pain at night in my right ovary (didn't last more than a minute or two)

I really, really hope that I'm not making this stuff up in my head! Like everyone else has shared, this is the longest 2 weeks of my life!! I want to hold out to at least 12dpiui to test, hope I can. I'm thinking of all of you and grateful to have my "September Buddies" who understand this! :)

Hey fossie - welcome to the wonderful/horrible world of ttc! I hope you have a short journey!

They probably told you not to expect it to take because even with perfect health and timing, you still only have a 20% (ish) chance of success. Honestly, there's just so many factors at play that are out of your control that it's a miracle anyone ever conceives! Of course, this is coming from the slightly jaded girl who thought she was going to conceive on the first try (as everyone does) and is still at it a year later. BUT - I've seen several SEVERALY ladies on these boards who it happens very quickly for so Fx you're in that group!

Those symptoms sound promising! I've personally tried to give up symptom spotting as I feel like I've had every symptom in the book (ESPECIALLY now that I'm on meds. Clomid mimicks pregnancy symptoms. It's pretty cruel) but I think sore boobs are one of the best symptoms you can have. Especially if you don't usually get sore boobs from PMS.

I'm also using frozen sperm. It makes the timing a little more complicated, doesn't it? We're doing back to back IUIs this month and saw that one of our vials was donated on my wife's bday. We're taking that as good luck. haha.

Anyway - welcome and I'm glad you posted! The ladies on these boards are absolutely fabulous, caring and supportive. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Thank you, Savasanna!! Today and tomorrow are big days for you! I'll definitely have my Fx for you. I believe in the little things like your vial being donated on your wife's bday. :)

I want to give up the symptom spotting because it's making me nuts and I feel like it will only lead to bigger disappointment if it's a BFN. If there's a round 2 maybe I'll lock it down a little bit. Lol!

Good luck to you today!

welcome and good luck fossie!! Yes the 2ww feels like it takes forever!

To answer your question, I feel AF cramps but I am on progesterone suppositories (crinone) because I have a short LP/low progesterone. So my AF will not come until I stop them. In the past I have stopped them before my beta appointment because I knew I wasn't pregnant from a HPT. Its just frustrating because I probably won't be able to continue to see the RE I'm seeing now because I won't be able to make morning monitoring appointments anymore. I suppose I could see if my OB will write me scripts for progesterone at least and try on our own.

mzhwd - How exciting to have another cycle buddy! Madtowngirl did her IUI the same day too. I'm currently testing my trigger out but once the HPTs go negative again I'm going to try and hold out until 10dpIUI since that is the earliest I saw a positive last time I was pregnant. I'm thinking the trigger should be gone by tomorrow since my test this morning was super light. I've been having some light cramping and tenderness too but it could be any number of things - from the IUI procedure, the meds, ovulation pains. I'm trying not to dwell too much on every little twinge since all the meds tend to give me a bunch of symptoms even if I'm not pregnant. Good luck!! Hopefully we'll be seeing some BFPs in the next couple weeks. When are you planning to test?

Savasanna - Good luck today and tomorrow. Hopefully the defrost goes well. Guess you'll be joining us in the dreaded TWW now!

lusterleaf - I'm so sorry you got a negative today. It is still early but I know how it feels to get those negatives when you previously had positives at this point before. Hopefully you just had a late implant. If not, maybe you can talk to your RE and see if there are any options for you without having to come in.

fossie - Welcome! I'm using donor sperm too since hubby has azoospermia. It adds a whole other level to all the timing concerns. My doctor told me on the day of my IUI they like to see at least 10 million post wash on frozen samples. They usually tell you not to get your hopes up on the first round since it is just like any other couple trying...it doesn't always work right away. It has slightly better chances just because IUI surpasses your cervix so that helps. I got lucky and got pregnant on my first IUI so it does happen! It is taking a bit longer this time around but I know it does work from experience. I also had a 19mm follicle before I triggered so hopefully they were just right :)

Hopefully all our TWWs just fly by and we'll be seeing a bunch of BFPs soon!

Thanks, Luster! I didn't realize that progesterone delayed AF, that must be really confusing and frustrating. I'll hold out hope that there's still a chance. :)

And Raelynn, that's very inspiring to hear that it worked for you the first time on your first IUI. So funny how it varies so much. A friend of mine said the most important thing to remember is that it's just a matter of science, that there's nothing I can or cannot do (within reason, of course) to make or break this. Good reminder! Also funny how my doctor said they like 5 million and yours said 10 million! Are you going to test at home before your beta?

I go in for my progesterone check tomorrow morning, they didn't schedule me for a beta, said to just let them know if I get a BFP at home and then they'd schedule one...

I've heard all different numbers from other women at different clinics. There probably isn't one good set number for sperm. Really, all it takes is one good swimmer. I'll be testing before my beta. I always give in even if I try and hold out so why fight it? Hubby has already been asking me if I'm pregnant yet and it is waaaay to soon :) I have a beta scheduled for 10/8 but I should know beforehand if it'll be good news or bad news. That way it isn't a shock when I get the call.

"All it takes is one good swimmer" I'm so trying to hold onto this. When I went in for yesterday's IUI my dr told me the sample was bad in that most of the sperm were dead. :nope: We did the IUI anyway because there were SOME sperm present, but it was not at all the 10 million motile sperm that the cryobank supposedly guarantees.

Oh no, Savasanna, getting bad news like that super sucks. I hope one of those sperm made it to your egg!

Hey Ladies,

Luster have you tested again? Maybe your RE will give you another script. It wouldn't be uncommon since you've already been dealing w/ the MD. It's definitely worth a try. I agree with Raelynn as well maybe you can ask about options.

Welcome Fossie my doctors were very supportive and really optimistic they gave me the facts and believed that it should work 1st round unless some other things happen. After we were done DH and I seen 1 of my MD's (I'm still using my OB. I'm at a large hospital my OB and the RE are at the same place) on the way to the elevator and he said "Did it work" and we were like "Yep" lol and he was like GREAT ATTITUDE. I think each doctor would have a different way of approaching things, but the science will be the same.

I like what your friend said. Cause it really is science and science is rarely wrong, it's only when we interpret things incorrectly. 15m/ml is nice number. Only 5m/ml is needed for IUI.

Savasanna I wouldn't worry to much about it. DH numbers weren't were we would've liked them to be, but it only takes a few thousand to break the outer shell and 1 lucky one to get in. The key is all in the timing.

We did our IUI when i was sure that my egg was available since it only takes the sperm seconds to minutes to get to the egg and the sperm only live 6-12 hours in the body for this process. I read a few articles saying that the egg lives more than 24 hours more in between 36-48 hours, but my MD insisted on sticking with the 12 hour egg lifespan. I pray that all of my hard work pays off and I get my very 1st BFP my first IUI. Well and I don't want to pay for it again since my insurance doesn't cover it lol.

GL to us all :dust:

I feel like this is Hunger Games for fertility. lol

I only have 3 FRER's so I'll be testing 8dpo and 12dpo with them. However I have a lot of IC's so I may use them at any time. I wanted to test today smh lol

When are you guys going to test?

So I know i'm crazy lol, but i really want baby#1 lol. So i'm going out to buy some pineapple. IT can't hurt so fx'd. I guess i'm probably going to SS all the way up to CD25 which would be 11dpo for me. I know my FF says i ovulated on CD13, but i didn't feel any ovulation pains until I awoke on CD14. So i ovulated sometime overnight CD13-CD14 (day of IUI) . Usually I can tell when I'm ovulating i know that it was my right side. But I wasn't awake to tell when it was starting. When I awoke i felt like I was catching the tail end of it. I usually ovulate harder on my right ovary than my left ovary and my right Fallopian tube has fewer turns than the left one lol for whatever reason. lol

Wish me luck

So I know i'm crazy lol, but i really want baby#1 lol. So i'm going out to buy some pineapple. IT can't hurt so fx'd. I guess i'm probably going to SS all the way up to CD25 which would be 11dpo for me. I know my FF says i ovulated on CD13, but i didn't feel any ovulation pains until I awoke on CD14. So i ovulated sometime overnight CD13-CD14 (day of IUI) . Usually I can tell when I'm ovulating i know that it was my right side. But I wasn't awake to tell when it was starting. When I awoke i felt like I was catching the tail end of it. I usually ovulate harder on my right ovary than my left ovary and my right Fallopian tube has fewer turns than the left one lol for whatever reason. lol

Wish me luck

Theory is to do pineapple only 1-5 dpo. You may already know this but they say after 5 dpo can interfere with implantation. Good luck.

Wish me luck

Theory is to do pineapple only 1-5 dpo. You may already know this but they say after 5 dpo can interfere with implantation. Good luck.

Yeah that's what I read. Today I'm 3dpo. So idk if it'll work. I read somewhere that some people have ate it over 2 days and got BFP, but i'm too skeptical for that. I think I'm going to just do it today and tomorrow though. And maybe Monday depending on how I feel. Usually the egg arrives in the uterus 4-5dpo and rolls around a tad before implanting. IDK if it will help. If it's only helping with the lining, i think that Aspirin 81mg would be better at that. But who knows.

Was this your 1st IUI too? Are you going to do another 1? Do you have any tips?

Ya first iui. I thought we had good timing bc we were off that week. We didn't think about how much walking we would be doing on vacation. I don't think I should have been so active and stressed. We will try it again this month and hopefully have some good results. I did to the pineapple thing back in December and got a bfp. I mc in January very early on but I do believe it helped.

Aw man really. Thanks for the info. Sorry about the lost. :hugs: I hope that this cycle you get your sticky. Are you ttc #1 too?

Aw man really. Thanks for the info. Sorry about the lost. :hugs: I hope that this cycle you get your sticky. Are you ttc #1 too?

Yep. We have only had hsg, us and sa for testing. So far we are only dealing with low motility. Great count but low motility and our iui had better motility almost close to normal standards. Hoping dh vitamins will help. He started them last month. So if his SA continues to improve through iui we may do more than 3 cycles. I am hoping next month we may get a break.

Raelynn - I liked your "bolding the names" idea and stole it! I think it's cute that your hubby is asking. ;) I'm probably overly excited because I'm new to all this, but I'm excited to see yours and everyone's updates/progress on here!

Savasanna - I'm so sorry to hear. Did you still go in for your second IUI today? But like you said, it only takes one good swimmer, so stay positive! :) I know my sperm bank has a guarantee as well so hopefully they'll give you a credit or something. That stuff ain't cheap!

mzhwd - I SO understand what you were saying about feeling crazy! This is my first IUI, trying for my first baby. I've read a million times in these forums about how obsessed women get, but I guess you just have to experience it to understand it, lol! I did do the pineapple thing, bought a whole one and cut it into 5 slices and had it day 1-5piui/o. Hey, I'll try it! As far as testing, I kept saying I would wait until 12dpo, which is Thursday, but I have a feeling I'm going to break down and test before.

FutureBabyG - sounds like things may be lining up well for your next IUI - Fx'd! I have a very stressful week coming up at work and was worried about that as well, but the doc told me not to be, we'll see...

Got my progesterone check this morning (cd18) and it was at 15 which they said was great. It's funny, I so want that number to be an indicator of pregnancy but I realize that it isn't... this wait is agonizing!!

Thanks Fossie lol cool we can try to wait it out together. Lol I plan on testing Thursday too. That seems like ages from today lol. Hopefully I can wait until then lol.

Fx'd for you FutureBabyG I hope you get your BFP next month too. Hey on the bright side next month is only like 3 days away I think lol. DH and I are dealing with MFI low motility and low count.His morphology is usually good. But I guess he's on the fence lol. So now there's nothing left to do but wait.

Savasanna i'm so sorry to hear that most of the sperm were dead but I hope the ones that weren't made it!!

Well my AF arrived yesterday, even while on the crinone. my beta was supposed to be this morning but I didn't even make it there. I left a message for a nurse at the RE office to see if I can try on my own this month and just use crinone during the 2WW being that I can't get to the office for morning monitoring. My DS starts preschool on wednesday and so I have to take him there, and go to work, leaving no time for monitoring.

Also, i was wondering if I should ask about the HSG test. Everyone I have talked to that has undergone fertility treatments had commented that it is strange that my RE did not include this in the initial workup, this test is to see if my tubes are open. My RE has not ordered this for me and I have had 4 failed IUI's so far.

Oh luster.. :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear AF showed yesterday. That must be so frustrating.

I think asking about the HSG test is a good idea, especially because a lot of people fall pregnant on those cycles because the test temporarily increases your fertility. Where you're not able to make the morning monitoring perhaps you could do the HSG and try on your own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->