September Stars

Morning ladies :)

Mirm - I have had severe consitpation basically from day 1 of this pregnancy. I have tried things like eating more fruti and veg and I am drinking alot. Normally a cup of coffee in the morning would do it but not now. I have ended up getting Lactulose which I got from Boots. It's safe in pregnancy and helps have a clear out when it gets too much ;)

I have actually been feeling slightly better the past couple of days in terms of the ill feeling. Not 100% but better than usual.

Only 2 sleeps til scan! :happydance:

Woo! 2 sleeps!

I'm finding that it's getting more difficult to go to the loo lately. I hope it doesn't get too bad though lol

Still no actual sickness for me, just a constant queasy feeling. I find that it's worse in the morning and late evening!

Morning Smile :) I would actually probably describe my feeling as queasy/ill rather than actual nausea. I just sometimes call it nausea as that's the 'norm' ;)

Ah I see what you mean :thumbup:

did you watch one born every minute last night? x

No, but I did watch last week's last night! I'm running a week behind ;)

Poshie: Lactulose, noted. Right, off to Boots I go. Thanks! You must be so excited about the scan by the way! :D

Hope everyone has a good day! xx

Ah poshie - you'll love last nights one. I was sobbing for ages even after it had finished! :rofl:

Yes mirm, just ask for Lactulose. I was prescribed it in my last pregnancy. It definitely helps. Yes, nervous and excited about scan, not long to wait!

I wonder if they carry that here? I could definitely use some help in that department as well. :thumbup:

Poshie, I bet you're excited for you scan! Mine is on Tuesday...five sleeps for me. Time is draaaaging.

I was finally able to go out last night and get a belly band, so I'm wearing actual pants today. :happydance: It's kind of nice after wearing sweatpants for the last two weeks. It has a tendency to ride up, but it does keep my pants up even though they're unbuttoned and unzipped. I'm going to give it a shot with jeans tomorrow night. I was invited to go to dinner with friends. Cross your fingers for me that I can make it through without being sick - it's a sushi place. :sick: I figure I'll be ok with noodles or rice, but if I have to jump up from the table, I'll have no choice but to tell them why.

Hey everyone.

I might try some lactulose too. Might get things a bit more regular! I've been getting gas for the first time in my life.

Dunno if you saw my thread in 1st Tri but I'm having an awful time with the health service. Turns out they lost my referral so now they have to do a new one. And my first MW and scan appointment might not be till 15 weeks! The whole thing is very upsetting.

I'm definitely considering getting a private scan now, although I don't know whether to get a basic one in a week or two or a NT one at 12 weeks. They won't offer me an NT on the NHS so I have to decide if I want one.

It's very upsetting because if I leave it no one will examine me or tell me if my pregnancy is viable until I'm almost 4 months!

Is this the effect of the cuts? If so its appalling.

Anyway I was all upset about that and then I left work early because I was feeling so terrible and when my OH got home we had a wee fight. He told me I was being a bit 'whiny' so I went into hysterics! So then he was sorry.

I feel bad because he has been so lovely to me until now. However I'm finding trying to be normal and performing at work while feeling so bad really hard.

Most days I'm coming home and pretty much going to bed.

I know you're all going through similar, it's good to be able to share.

I'm hating this so much. I just want a bit of peace of mind but everything seems all up in the air. NHS and hormones are not a good mix!

Sorry, rant over.

I hope you enjoy your meal, Shadowcat. I went to a sushi place and had katsu curry and it went down fine. ;-)

Oh tinytabby, I do feel for you. The nhs thing is bad, I would be very upset about having to wait so long, that isn't right. Is there anyway you can complain? Would nhs direct give you advice on how to maybe? If I were you, I'd go for a private scan whatever happens. :hugs:

As for how you are feeling generally, you sound alot like me. Last night I was niggly and apparently being miserable (prob am a bit). I'm finding things very tough juggling work, housework, a toddler and feeling crap.....worries me how I'll cope with two but hey.

Shadow, I have been wearing bump bands for 2 weeks, I love them. Means I can wear 'normal' clothes! have a lovely meal, I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

Thanks Poshie- hugs and similar tales of woe are very reassuring.

I'm so looking forward to getting past this first scan/12 week milestone!

Hope everyone is ok today otherwise xxx

hey tabby, cant believe they have lost your notes and cant get a scan! that is terrible! cant you complain to the main GP at your practice? i bloody would! hope they get you sorted!

Hey Jen, I will certainly be making a bit of a fuss. I might find some people to write stern letters to. But all I want them to do is set me up with an appointment at around 12 weeks! Why does that sound like such a big ask?

In other news, I was puking between 4.30 am and 6.30 am. So I've thought sod it and taken the day off sick.

Happy Friday everyone! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Ladies, I need your help and advice.

Last night I started having pain. It doesn't feel like cramps, it feels like muscle pain, but it's really low down, like in the very front of my pelvis, and in the groin/inner thigh area. No sign of any spotting, and my back feels fine. Should I be worried? Call the Dr.? Or is this normal? I don't remember this happening before, so I'm a bit freaked out...

Oh Shadowcat, that sounds scary.

If its not really cramp and there's no blood, it's probably nothing too bad. Can you phone your midwife or dr for reassurance?

Hope it's ok xx

hi all! (((waves)))

i'm new here. a friend recommended it. i'm 5+5 weeks and reading the thread on here is really upsetting for those who miscarry. it's making me worry a little too much now.

do you find the board helps or makes you panic more?

i don't really have any symptoms which is a concern. my midwife appt is on the 16th feb and so if my dating scan is around 12 weeks then i have another 6ish to go.

is anyone else due on 24th sept or that week?

Jennie

Hi Jennie, congratulations on your bfp!

It's best to try not to worry too much - altho thats easier said than done! Especially if you have experience of mc as that can make you extra nervous. The best thing is to think positive and focus on those appointment dates.

I've found the board really helpful. Lots of it isn't doom and gloom, some of it is very funny and there are a lot of lovely peeps around.

Welcome!

shadowcat- i was just about to ask a similar question, i have been having sharp, stabbing pains on my left hand side for about the last hour on and off, is this like your pain? its so scary isnt it? im sure that it is probably all fine and we are experiencing text book symptoms! im really finding pregnancy a stressful time!! :help: seeing my midwife for the first time monday though, im going to bombard her with all my worries!!!

hi all! (((waves)))

i'm new here. a friend recommended it. i'm 5+5 weeks and reading the thread on here is really upsetting for those who miscarry. it's making me worry a little too much now.

do you find the board helps or makes you panic more?

i don't really have any symptoms which is a concern. my midwife appt is on the 16th feb and so if my dating scan is around 12 weeks then i have another 6ish to go.

is anyone else due on 24th sept or that week?

Jennie

Welcome to the forum!

I'm due just one day before you. It is my first pregnancy, and I can't believe how nervous I am. I will not see my midwife until week 10-12 and I'm so stressed out about it. I wish I could see someone sooner.

Don't worry too much about the miscarriage thing. I know it's easier said than done, but don't forget that women who have had miscarriages are more likely to seek support from forums like this, so that might be why there seems to be a lot around here.

Best of luck! And if you want to talk with someone with almost the same due date, you can always send me a private message too.

Marie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->