septembryos baby area (09 babies)

Sorry!! I knew that :blush: it was because I had replied to Leigh in the Jan thread!! At least I didn't write that across your FB page!!!!!!

How are you doing??? are they right in saying a planned section is easier than an emergancy one?

Leanne Wow you have some big babies! Congrats! What a cutie!

thats ok katherine! lol i've done it many times before! you can use the pregnancy brain excuse!!

and yes elective c-sections are soooo much better than emergency ones! i found it so easy and relaxing this time it was great! might be going home 2morrow aswell! xxx

Leanne!!! That's er.... A biggie!! Welcome to the world Max! Another Septembryo :haha:

We're ok here. We are trying to get Lex into speech therapy but she's hating it so far. Not sure if she said 'shoe' today though.:rofl: it's becoming more and more obvious she's behind in some ways. But she's still coming on a treat, she's fab with Tori. She just hates tori being on her tummy or upright - she thinks tori should be lying flat at all times to tries to push her back over! we're all down with the cold. Horrid!! :cry:

hi all,

thanks for blakes birthday wishes, he had a lovely day - we went to the world of beatrix potter at the lake district, all we kept hearing at full volume was "rabbit" whenever he saw one (statue or picture). we did loads of walking about 12miles in total, but blake takes 6steps to my 2 so guessing his lil legs have done more than me!

congrats to leanne on the arrival of your lil one.

???? question???

what car seats are you all using???

i'm asking as blake has the britax prince in black BUT he has worked out how to open the straps by depressing the "safety/open button". this is a seat upto age 4yrs that fixes to car via seat belt and he has the "y" straps over him in the seat.

I will blame it on the baby brain!! I'm useless at the moment! I've only just realised that Max was smaller than Chloe!! wow!! Glad to hear you may be out tomorrow.. I remember how much I wanted to be in my own bed after Isaac. Nice to hear it was relaxing... I still think I'm swaying towards VBAC though... need to speak to consultant at the end of the month first!

Hi Sandi! :wave: It took me a few seconds to realise who it was!! Glad to hear Alex is doing ok! and little Tori!

I didn't realise how hard it was to cook dinner alone, with a naughty toddler and no TV! Oh well!!

I was the same as Kat, took me a few seconds to work out who you were Sandi :D

Has Alex said "shoe" again yet? Also, a rather random question, but does Alex like Mr Tumble? Tegs loves him and even though she doesn't have any speech problems it helps with her speech, she's just learnt "sausages" although it came out as "sausie!" :haha:

Congrats again LeeLee :) I can't imagine how big he'd be if you went to 40 weeks! :hugs:

Amy - Blake's birthday sounds really nice :) We don't have a car so can't answer the cat seat question, the last time Tegs was in a car seat was last year when we were visiting Luke's grandparents and his dad still has the car seat there, hopefully he'll bring it down with him the month when he appears for our birthdays :) But it's one that goes from 1 until 12 or something, just a cheap one from argos because we knew we wouldn't use it much!

What does your LO say?

I have to ask because in the last 2 weeks Lennox has been saying so many new things.

When I put him to bed tonight he said, Mom, I want that pillow" and pointed.

Earlier he said, "Stop it, please" to his older brother who was tickling him.

He's also saying...

I want outside now
Give me that
Go to your room
Leave me alone
Turn on the TV and get the remote

He had mostly said one or two words mostly, except in July when he tapped me on the arm and said, "I want to go in"

Oh and I'm taken by surprise because all my other kids had speech delays and here he is talking in full sentences. Also, they say that the younger child in a big family like mine would have more of a speech delay because everyone would know what his needs were and he wouldn't need to use words. Boy was that wrong!

Congrats Leanne on the birth of Max you do grow big babies! He looks gorgeous, hope you are feeling ok after your section and are back at home having lots of snuggles.

Billy doesn't talk yet either he sometimes says baby, mum, dadeeeee,Amber and brother but thats it.

Hope everyone else is good and all bumps babies and toddlers are doing well. Also happy birthday to any little ones b'days i missed x

Leah, not a word. Ive tried Mr Tumble but she legged it to the Virgin box and battered it til it changed :wacko: The one thing she is amazing at is technology. She knows how to work things. I'm sure you've heard Sam going on about how shes a gadget girl - that really is the case.

The one speech therapy class was dire, she howled and cried til she was almost sick. She pushed the other little girl out the way, couldnt handle the whole situation. Part of me found it slightly unfair - this other girl was fine developmental , it was just her speech that was behind. I mean, Alex had a brain haemorrage FFS, so she might process things differently. :shrug: I dunno. It's getting harder again.

Her 2 year corrected developmental assessment is next month. I am dreading it because the last one had her sooo behind at 19 months(corrected) in every way.

blake says loads of "words" but few sentences.

the main 1s we get are "nappy falling down" when hes wet, "bottle juice/milk please" and "wet willy" after he sucks his finger and aims for your ear LOL! (thanks to his 8yr old brother!). he does come out with other words together but not long things.

That's great!!

Atomic - Hope the assessment goes ok... Alex has done so well :hugs: all down to the great mummy!

Isaac's speach is quite good - he says well over 100 words and talks in sentances about his day... will tell you who he's played with, or things. But his mother can talk the hind legs off a donkey - so it's hardly surprising really!

thanks hun. ive decided to learn makatron (sp?) for both tori and alex. i think alex could benefit from it. i think tori will talk before Alex, i really do!

feel like everyones heard their little ones talk and i dont even know what her proper 'voice' is like, she just groans and gets frustrated because she cant explain. i often wonder what she will sound like!

It won't be long until you are wishing she would just be quiet for a few mins!

Makaton would be useful - as she's prob getting fustrated that she can't communicate. Baby signing classes often use makaton.. which may help!

2 years ago today at 3:22pm my son, Lennox, was born weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 21.5 inches. Happy 2nd Birthday, Little Man! ♥ Where has the time gone?

Awwww! I keep missing birthday's! (I'm shit!)

I hope the other mumma's have good birthday's this month and that all our little ones have had brilliant days and will have brilliant days!

Atomic (still wanna call you sb :) ) - Alex will get there hun :hugs: Can't believe how well she knows technology! Tegs know some stuff but not nearly enough as Alex, she might be a little genius, she ought to go to work with Daddy :)

I hope her 2 year corrected check goes better than her other one. Even our full term septembryo's have had setbacks, don't forget that Tegs and Alex started walking at about the same time and Tegs was behind all the milestones apart from talking (I blame Luke's mum for that).

I'm slightly nervous about Tegan's 2 year check, she's not like most 2 year olds but I'm not sure how much of that is to do with her personality :shrug:

Right, I'm now rambling and have 6 and a half hours before my alarm goes off so I'd better get my ass to bed, even though I'm not tired. I'm hoping that I don't spend the night on Tegan's floor again, I hope these teeth come through asap!

the milestones apart from talking (I blame Luke's mum for that).

I'm slightly nervous about Tegan's 2 year check, she's not like most 2 year olds but I'm not sure how much of that is to do with her personality :shrug:

Yup, a friend told me "Dont blame it on prematurity - it could just be personality" And thats true!

I was made up when we went to babies r us yday and the lady asked how she was. I said she was just turning two (going by september ;) cause i expected 20 questions ) and she said "shes quite big isnt she?"

Me and hubby just laughed :rofl:

Shes doing good though. Shes 25lb now, in size 4 nappies - toris in size 3 :rofl:
She wears 12-18 months in some stuff now, but trousers fall off her ass easy :rofl: so its hard to get ones with small enough waists but longer legs!

Speech therapy went better today though and she walked all the way home (a fair walk for anyone never mind Alex) so im proud today :cloud9:

her 2 year assessment is start of next month, and we are discharged from neonatal then. I'm still gonna be hanging around with them though, as ive started some volunteer work with them :D

Hey up Atomic - Makaton sounds like a great tool for Alex. Noah uses it combined with talking and it really helps him get hi point across. If he isn't pronouncing something correctly then i can usually understand what he is trying to say by his signs. His first sign was 'milk' which he picks up at 5 months old. he does all sorts now such as cat, dog, pig, clean, apple, orange, blue, red, pink, train, pain.... and more. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->