shedding like crazy!

monets_garden

Mum to Lilly
Reaction score
I have noticed myself shedding hair more than I used to shed before I was pregnant! I know that I had a lot of hair b/c of the pregnancy, and its meant to thin a little after LO is born... but this is RIDICULOUS! :wacko:

I've noticed it all over my shirts, and it gets on baby's face when I hold her, and when I brush/comb, it seems to NEVER stop coming off my head!!! :dohh:

help! is this normal? when does it end?!?!

It's normal hun, & it starts at around 4 months after giving birth, it takes some time, then it gets back to normal. xx

Yep- I lost loads, although I have to say it started pretty much straight away for me - something to do with change of hormones - (I don't think you lose hair at a normal rate when pregnant and then when you have the baby you shed all the ones that you would have shed over the last 9 months!)

I was really worried about it - but it's fine and i'm not bald!!:haha:

x

my iron is low and low iron can cause hair loss and brittle nails. mine is falling out like crazy since i had my c-section 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, sadly normal. You loose approx 100 hairs in a normal day. Pregnant women loose next to none. About 4-5 months after birth you'll loose about 600 hairs a day for the next few months. I just read this in a magazine yesterday! I think the body is making up for not loosing any during pregnancy.

I was the opposite in my pregnancy I was losing my hair and apparently that's normal to. Then my c section and my iron got really low which also causes hair loss... How am I not freakin bald is what i'd like to know ahahaha!

It's normal hun, & it starts at around 4 months after giving birth, it takes some time, then it gets back to normal. xx

this sounds like what's going on with me... baby is just over 15 weeks. I must be making up for lost time, lol! :haha:

Me too but its seriouslty freaking me out. My son it 4months and I noticed it started happening about 3wks ago. When does it settle?

F******g hormones!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->