• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should children be judged on their names? Debate on This Morning

haha she wouldnt let my daughter hang out with her precious kids :p firstly, she's ginger. and apparentlu Katie hates that. secondly, although her namr is technically Cara (Cara-Snow) which I'm sure she'd deem acceptable without the Snow bit. she's known as Snowy. which she'd find appalling :p

that said, i do find myself making judgements not on children, but on their parents for the names they're given. i try to stop myself (i mean who am i to judge with a daughter called snowy lol) but i would never not allow my daughter to spend time with any child. my daughter can make friends with whoever she wants to be friends with. how my daughter turns out is dependant on myself and my husband, not the children she plays with, no matter what their names are.

please excuse all the errors :p typing on my phone!

and as a sidenote. if i have a son, his name will probably be TJ lol. (thomas junior.)

My brother named one of his kids after a horror movie. Yeah, he is crazy like that and you probably wouldn't want him as your babysitter. But his kids are very sweet! They have their own personality.

When I think of Katie, I think of Katie Holme, tom Cruise 's wife.

There was a woman in my town whose last name is Sassy. She named her daughter Princess Anne.... Princess Anne Sassy...

I wouldn't judge the child but I would probably judge the parent a little!

I dunno why I am STILL bothered by what Katie said! she has just made me so bloody angry!

my hubby keeps saying shes not aiming directly at our tyler haha. I know ths but its proper wound me up!

I dunno why I am STILL bothered by what Katie said! she has just made me so bloody angry!

my hubby keeps saying shes not aiming directly at our tyler haha. I know ths but its proper wound me up!

I know its hard, but in these cases you really have to look at the source. She's obviously just doing it for shock value and it doesn't have any value at all on any of the names she threw out that she didn't like. :flower:

Great and all for her I suppose. Live your life with your awesome kiddo and feel bad for her kids who have such a judgmental mother. :wacko:

She is obviously just a complete wind up merchant.
She loves all the attention

To be fair her twitter account is quite funny and it's hard to take offence when it's so ridiculous.

She knows exactly what she's doing...

My brother named one of his kids after a horror movie. Yeah, he is crazy like that and you probably wouldn't want him as your babysitter. But his kids are very sweet! They have their own personality.

When I think of Katie, I think of Katie Holme, tom Cruise 's wife.

Oh this got me guessing now what movie, is it the name of the movie or the character? :)

Something with G age. I have no idea which movie but thats what he bragged about. Whatever

Lets face it, if someone was going to judge my child on his name and not let their child play with mine because of it, well no love lost there then! One less snobby parent to buy presents for at kids party and frankly i wouldnt want to give my time of day to that parent, so there making my life easier!!

Lets face it, if someone was going to judge my child on his name and not let their child play with mine because of it, well no love lost there then! One less snobby parent to buy presents for at kids party and frankly i wouldnt want to give my time of day to that parent, so there making my life easier!!

Sadly though its the children that loose out, cant help but feel sorry for her kids because no parent will want them around with a mother like theirs

So what would she do if one of her daughters fell in love with a Tyler and wanted to marry them, would she forbid it lol, she is such a silly woman. I cant believe what she said about ginger hair when its so beautiful. I can just imagine she was such a bully at school. I knew parents like her when I was teaching. I will be encouraging my LO to mix with all the people she goes to school with. Surely its about trusting your child makes the right decisions and do homework and not get in trouble. I had a friend at school who got in trouble, I never did, I was the quiet studious one. My parents encouraged the friendship as she had a strong character and helped me be more confident, we balanced each other out.

she definitely has a thick skin, its unfortunate she is teaching her daughters and son to disrespect and be hateful towards their classmates. She is holding them up in ridicule for her choices and 5 minutes of fame. She seems to find herself amusing. As you say she could have been bullied but I have never quite understood how being bullied makes you bully, and that's what she is. She seems to jump on any controversial topic and doesn't seem to have any kind of social filter. I cant believe she has no remorse for the families she helped to break up to

Something with G age. I have no idea which movie but thats what he bragged about. Whatever

Is guess pet sematary by Stephen king - gage is a little boy who does and comes back "wrong" when buried in a local cemetery.

I'm not sure what Katie would think of lyssa's name- but I really dislike that woman!

Alyssa is such a cute name, I really like it. My LO is Josephine, but we call her Josie, I have had the comment of posh, I just love the name and she is named after my grandma, I don't see it as particularly posh. I really like Imogen but my mum said that was lower class (my mum says this when we come from a working class home haha), my mother will hate that if we ever have another girl there is a good possibility will use it. My mum does judge names, she hates my lo's middle name Charlotte, but she would have never have stopped us being friends with people with names she dislikes. I wonder if my Josie would pass her test lol. I like her children's names but I know lots of children from a variety of different back grounds with those names. Its amazing how caught up in the class system some people still are.

Is guess pet sematary by Stephen king - gage is a little boy who does and comes back "wrong" when buried in a local cemetery.

I'm not sure what Katie would think of lyssa's name- but I really dislike that woman!
Thats probably it. I think he and his wife just like the name , but goes around telling people they named their child off of a horror movie. I just ignore it. I know he loves his kids.

Like saying goes: hitting beget hitting and I think it apply to bullying too. Bullying beget bullying

she definitely has a thick skin, its unfortunate she is teaching her daughters and son to disrespect and be hateful towards their classmates. She is holding them up in ridicule for her choices and 5 minutes of fame. She seems to find herself amusing. As you say she could have been bullied but I have never quite understood how being bullied makes you bully, and that's what she is. She seems to jump on any controversial topic and doesn't seem to have any kind of social filter. I cant believe she has no remorse for the families she helped to break up to

Oh I know your right, what I meant was I was bullied at school and would never want to make anyone be made to feel like I did. Usually bullies have something thing going on which has made them lash out. Maybe she is insecure which is why she steals others husbands, ignores hurt caused by actions, and tries to get attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->