• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should children be judged on their names? Debate on This Morning

I understand. I was bullied myself too. it does teach you to be thick skin. It depends in the person how well they handle it

your definitely right. Maybe she attacks before being attacked, its just unfortunate she is teaching her children to be so judgemental, as Shakespeare says 'a rose by any other name would smell as sweet' I wonder if she really thinks her daughters and son would be different people if they had different names

From the few bullies and people bullied iv known tbh id say being bullyed at school gives you more empathy so you don't grow up to be one yet those bullied at home tend to be the ones that turn out to be bullies at school and as grown ups.

I just think of a future career when i see a name. Pick a doctor: mickeykenzee (yes i know one) smith or sebastian smith?

My child is oscar and ive lost count of the time ive been told he has a snobby name and i must think im better than everyone else, giving him an obvious posh name. I dont think its posh at all :shrug: :wacko:

just thought id say - tyler has done his homework for this week :rofl:

Hahaha. Are you sure? Bet by tomorrow that the dog ate it :winkwink: :haha:

she really does have it against Tyler as a name doesn't she, you have to wonder why lol. Maybe a Tyler spurned her advances or got a job over her. She was obsessed with that name

she really does have it against Tyler as a name doesn't she, you have to wonder why lol. Maybe a Tyler spurned her advances or got a job over her. She was obsessed with that name

Its probably another attempted conquest that picked his wife other her.
Seriously I don't get the attraction, why are so many men willing to risk their marriage for her, she isn't anything special

Being bullied all of my school life certainly hasn't made me a better person. I'm so insecure!

I made a name assumption yesterday :( I guess its natural.

But you didn't make that assumption and think oh my kids cant play with that child because they are below us/them, did you? Totally different IMO

I made a name assumption yesterday :( I guess its natural.

But you didn't make that assumption and think oh my kids cant play with that child because they are below us/them, did you? Totally different IMO

Of course it is, everyone has a instinctive reaction thought that they have either no intention or have to restrain from acting on.
For anyone to say they have not or wouldn't have would be lieing (even if it is just thinking you fancy a chocolate cake while you know you shouldn't have one)

If everyone acted on the first thought or assumption that popped into their head im sure there would be a lot of battered people in shop ques, traffic jams and nearly all hot, stuffy, busy places :)

I agree. There's certain names I dislike because they remind me of people I can't stand, but I'd never go so far as to tell Claire that she couldn't play with so-and-so because of their name. :wacko:

well im hoping wills & kate will name there prince Tyler :haha:

I think it's a normal thing to think however I would not pass this to my lo! If he wants to play with a friend called Tyler, channel, Mercedes lol then he can!

It's not the name it's the person!!

Am I the only person who kinda likes Katie Hopkins? She's HILARIOUS! She's just so awful that I like her! I watched her debate on tattoos and some of what she said I thought was true. I think she is quite extreme but she often says what people secretly think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->