*show off your home made things!*

This thread inspired me to make something for our LO, so today I went to my local craft shop and bought a ball of wool and a crochet hook. I have never done it before but followed step by step instructions on youtube and have made a start on a blanket for her :)

I also bought some fabric to make a patchwork quilt for her, and I fell in love with and bought the fabric for her nursery :happydance: Now I just have to make the curtains, bedding and cot bumpers :wacko:

This thread inspired me to make something for our LO, so today I went to my local craft shop and bought a ball of wool and a crochet hook. I have never done it before but followed step by step instructions on youtube and have made a start on a blanket for her :)

I also bought some fabric to make a patchwork quilt for her, and I fell in love with and bought the fabric for her nursery :happydance: Now I just have to make the curtains, bedding and cot bumpers :wacko:

hehe I recommend one thing at a time, youre gonna be busy :D but it will gorgeous when its done, and you'll know you did it and its unique and made with love x

https://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/daniellerae1986/255859_10150209565682779_509232778_7222556_3345846_o.jpg

my next project is to make some "wonder bumper" type bumpers. it will take a little more time as i have to sew little sections of material and adding velcrow to each one so they can go around each slat of the crib rather than going accross the whole inside of the crib

Letters for above her crib..will be tied up with ribbon...cant wait..still not finished waiting for them to dry all the way so I can clear sparkly seal them...will update with a completely finished pic tomorrow but just had to show them off now lol..super excited..

Attachments

• P6260053.jpg
    P6260053.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 10
I love looking at all this stuff. There are some very talented ladies on here. :thumbup:

So far I have my my lil girl a blankie
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/BloomedGurl/IMG_1076.jpg

and then I made her crib sheet. Next Im going to work on the dust ruffle. Its gonna be a solid purple. I think it will look nice with the fabric i picked for the sheet.
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/BloomedGurl/009.jpg

Everyone's stuff looks so lovely I can't wait till I know what he/she is so I can get started. MIL is already knitting though!

Well all these fabolous things you ladies have made have inspired me. Im going to my fabric shop tomorrow as Im going to make a patchwork quilt now for expectant baby, MIL is going to show me some knitting of clothes, and im also going to make stuff for the babies room, well I say room he or she will eventually be sharing with my DS, but I can't add extra touches. Ahhh I can't wait to get started. Anyone got any pointers for making a patchwork quilt?

These are our homemade things for baby. The little cardigans were knitted by my stepmum.

I made the patchwork quilt out of my old pyjamas as a project before i knew i was pregnant although Im having a boy so i dont think il be using it for him lol.

The blue bobble type blanket was knitted by a lady i work with. Its so soft and she made me two. One for his car seat and one for his carrycot. x

(p.s sorry the pics are the wrong way around)

Attachments

• DSC02650.jpg
    DSC02650.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC02646.jpg
    DSC02646.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC02647.jpg
    DSC02647.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02651.jpg
    DSC02651.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC02654.jpg
    DSC02654.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 13
https://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/daniellerae1986/255859_10150209565682779_509232778_7222556_3345846_o.jpg

I love this, what did you make the letters out of, or how did you do it, would love to do one for new expectant baby and my sons room, please let me know, thank you in advance

Ebay have a selection of wooden letters you can purchase and then paint as you wish ;-)

I started knitting last night! It may take me 200yrs to complete the blanket but ill get there!!

Ebay have a selection of wooden letters you can purchase and then paint as you wish ;-)

Do you have a link for the member you bought off of please, rather then me spending ages searching, thank you

The blue bobble type blanket was knitted by a lady i work with. Its so soft and she made me two. One for his car seat and one for his carrycot. x
The bobble blankets are gorgeous, I'm going to have a go once I know what colour my pram is. The lady in the wool shop assures me they are dead easy but I'm not convinced!

Letters for above her crib..will be tied up with ribbon...cant wait..still not finished waiting for them to dry all the way so I can clear sparkly seal them...will update with a completely finished pic tomorrow but just had to show them off now lol..super excited..

I love your lettering aswell, where did you get yours from? Did you decorate them yourself and if so where did you get the stuff to decorate them? thank you in advance

I love your lettering aswell, where did you get yours from? Did you decorate them yourself and if so where did you get the stuff to decorate them? thank you in advance

aww..thanks!! I got them at HobbyLobby but I think they can be gotten at Michaels or ACMoore or any bigger craft store...

I got the patterns on the B E and A by using my fancy pattern scissors (like...$10 for a set of 12 scissors..each with a different pattern)..and I cut some painters tape and used them to set the lines

I used the little paper whole protectors for the N and the I and just filled in the middle for the I....

I just used acrylic paints I had and used ModgePodge (brand name) craft sealer to finish them off once the paint was totally dried..and I mix in glitter with my ModgePodge because I LOVE sparkles lol lol....

then I had hubby drill some holes through the tops as we are hanging them up and tied ribbons from a ribbon scrap-pack through them...all mixed and matched...

here are some pics of the actual finished products and then an upclose so you can see the sparkles

Attachments

• P6270054.jpg
    P6270054.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P6270055.jpg
    P6270055.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 14

aww..thanks!! I got them at HobbyLobby but I think they can be gotten at Michaels or ACMoore or any bigger craft store...

I got the patterns on the B E and A by using my fancy pattern scissors (like...$10 for a set of 12 scissors..each with a different pattern)..and I cut some painters tape and used them to set the lines

I used the little paper whole protectors for the N and the I and just filled in the middle for the I....

I just used acrylic paints I had and used ModgePodge (brand name) craft sealer to finish them off once the paint was totally dried..and I mix in glitter with my ModgePodge because I LOVE sparkles lol lol....

then I had hubby drill some holes through the tops as we are hanging them up and tied ribbons from a ribbon scrap-pack through them...all mixed and matched...

here are some pics of the actual finished products and then an upclose so you can see the sparkles

They are rerally nice, such ashame I am in the UK though, thats the only prob so wouldn't beable to get them hear I don't think. Thank you anways, ill have a look to make sure

Here are some headbands I've been making :) Going to make our lo a handful, and sell some others :)

Attachments

• headbands.jpg
    headbands.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
hey ladies i am currently crocheting a blanket for my LO:) its yellow as i dont know the sex yet but when i find out i plan on making one to match the gender to:)

Well I have started a patchwork quilt for new baby, I have cut most the squares out and will cut rest tonight and start sewing. I am quite proud. Its seems to be going ok so far. I will then finish my sons scarf I started knitting in January. Once completed I will upload pictures for everyone to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->