Silly question, wrap the box or wrap them ready??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrap things in boxes and usually build and leave unwrapped the bigger things

Hi
Have you ever seen Arthur Christmas? Really lovely Xmas film, anyway, the girl had asked for a bike and Santa (obviously?!?) leaves it under the tree, tied with a big ribbon, then trails the ribbon up the stairs and attached it to the girls bed so when she wakes up she follows it downstairs to her presents!! Super cute! Did it last yr cos dd had seen the film and she loved it! For the price of a reel of ribbon it saved a hell of a lot of awkward wrapping!!
Xx

I love this. Both my boys getting bikes so might have to try this :happydance:

Maybe it's just my terrible little monsters, but last xmas we spent hours setting up two massive playmobil sets and arranging them beautifully, only to have the two wee devils systematically dismantle the whole thing. As in right down to pulling apart the walls of the tree fort to see how it went together.
:grr:
I think they needed to be part of the process of building it, as a lego set on a subsequent birthday demonstrated to me. So, this year I am sticking with everything still in the box.

My two are still very young so everything thats getting wrapped will have the ties and pins off so they can dive right in. The toy food will be set up in their kitchen and anything too fiddy will be unwrapped with a big red bow and curly ribbon. :)

I'd love to have Colin's Furnishe School all set up but I have no where to store it until the morning and if I tried to do it Xmas Eve when he's asleep my luck he would wake up and find me!

So everything will be wrapped in boxes except his lego table I'm making.

I wrap things in boxes and usually build and leave unwrapped the bigger things

^WSS. I wrap all of the smaller things and easy to wrap things, but not the bigger gifts. Last year LO got a cozy coupe car, and I just put a ribbon on the top, and some paper around the door so that she had to pull it off before opening the door. Other than that, big stuff usually just has a bow. (And is already put together by the elves).

We wrap most everything in it's boxes to. I'd rather take them out in a controlled manner haha. If it was all left out or easy to get out my kids would go crazy. :haha: usually we have one bigger gift out for the kids in the morning (last year it was their kitchen)

I leave anything out and ready that requires extensive building or is huge.

This year that includes:

The Ikea circus tent, it just has to be set up, much more fun that way!
Thomas' Cosy Coupe shopping trolley. It requires some building and he will want to play with it straight away. I will probably put a ribbon on it.
Playmobil hotel shuttle bus, all Playmobil is fiddly. My son will want the box opened straight away and I worry about little pieces getting lost. I am going to build it and have it ready on the table for him (with any tiny pieces hidden till the house is calmer). I will probably put one of those little stick on Christmas bows on it.

Any item that requires batteries or setting up I put batteries in and set it up then put it back in the box for easy wrapping.

Anything that needs pre building I do so ready to play with but then wrapped. So for example we bought lo for her birthday a klip klop Fisher price stable. I built it then got a big box and wrapped the box so she could play without needing to make up

I leave anything out and ready that requires extensive building or is huge.

This year that includes:

The Ikea circus tent, it just has to be set up, much more fun that way!
Thomas' Cosy Coupe shopping trolley. It requires some building and he will want to play with it straight away. I will probably put a ribbon on it.
Playmobil hotel shuttle bus, all Playmobil is fiddly. My son will want the box opened straight away and I worry about little pieces getting lost. I am going to build it and have it ready on the table for him (with any tiny pieces hidden till the house is calmer). I will probably put one of those little stick on Christmas bows on it.

Any item that requires batteries or setting up I put batteries in and set it up then put it back in the box for easy wrapping.

For Hayden's third birthday he got a tent (campervan one, they have the circus one at nursery and they all love it). We set it up in the living room, and put all of his other - wrapped - presents inside and he loved popping inside to get another present, and popping out again to open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"