"Single Digit Ladies" (or negative digit ladies...) Part 2!

Ahh Nikko! Hopefully you can get a sweep today! Good luck :D

Superfrizbee, things sound promising! Hope its not long for you now!

Sour skittle, she is absolutely beautiful!! Congrats again :flower:

Welcome to the new ladies! Hope you arent waiting around too long.

Afm, nothing happening here lol. Still losing the teeniest bit of plug here and thrre but I have already decided it means nothing, as its been a week now.
To see my midwife tomorrow and hopefully will get a sweep, but I know she wont do it if baby isnt engaged, even though a different midwife did it last week. I did have a couple (literally like 2) sharp pains that could have been practise contractions early this morning but of course, nothing came of them!

Booked in on Thursday at 8pm for induction, so it wont be long!

Everyone thinks im crazy because I have still been taking dd to toddlers etc and im so overdue! I definitely cant stay in the house all day, it drives me mad!

I think it was a good sweep. I'm 3cm dilated and she could stretch me to 4cm and my cervix was soft, but still high. She could feel baby's head and there was blood on the glove after (just like when I had a sweep with dd, which was successful so fingers crossed).

I'm still having irregular contractions but some of them are bloody painful. This is different to my first labour when I woke briefly at 12 and 1am but got back to sleep through the pains. They started again at 3am and I had my dd a couple of hours later. It's not looking like going the same way at the mo but I hope it wont be too drawn out. Midwife did say she thought it would be quick once it started, but I suppose I'm not in established labour yet...

superfrizbee that sounds very promising - I had three sweeps last time and none worked :( I wasnt favourable at all mind u!

Aww I just love all the birth stories and cute little pictures of the LO's makes me so excited for my babies arrival. :)

I'm trying not to be too excited but this morning I woke up and it's very clear to me that baby has dropped. My stomach even looks like it has and there is way more pressure. Hopefully that means I will be able to get a sweep tomorrow when I see the doc!

What do you ladies think? Look like belly dropped?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 9
I see it too bettieb :)
Well today I had my first sweep. She said she couldn't fit her fingers in properly but has given it all a good poke and prod. Got another on Friday, then another on Sunday.
Really want this baby out now!

Yay that means I'm not just symptom spotting. Sometimes I question my own sanity lol

An good luck with your sweeps sun seal. Your LO will be here soon. We can't go much longer. Lol

I definitely see it too, Bettie! It seems a few of us are overdue here! Can't wait to meet our babies!

BettieB how overdue are you?

Sunseal, thats great you are getting so many sweeps, hopefully you will progress in between each of them! I got mine at 40w then 41w last time, but ive been told by mw they only do it at 41 wks now :( It would just be nice to have my cervix checked to have a better idea of where I am at !

BettieB how overdue are you?

Sunseal, thats great you are getting so many sweeps, hopefully you will progress in between each of them! I got mine at 40w then 41w last time, but ive been told by mw they only do it at 41 wks now :( It would just be nice to have my cervix checked to have a better idea of where I am at !

Yeah I've been lucky this time. I think it's because I'm hoping for a VBAC.
With my son I only had one sweep, it didn't work, got taken in for induction and ended up with an emergency section, so this time round as I'm desperate for a VBAC they're trying to cram the sweeps in. If nothing happens by Tuesday I'm to go to the day assessment unit for evaluation... if I'm favourable they'll break my waters but if not I'll get a section date as I can't have a full induction. Aaahhh :( Come on little lady!!

Sunseal - we're still in this one together! 3 days over I'm beginning to think this baby is a figment of my imagination :D

I have an induction tomorrow. I have been stuck at 2-3 cm and 80% effaced for weeks. Also, the mucus plug just keeps coming.. it has actually became annoying.

Congrats on all the new babies! Gorgeous little faces <3 And good luck to the rest of us! :D

Aww I really feel for you ladies :( It's awful being overdue isn't it.. and constantly symptom watching!

ToughhGal, what kind of induction are you having? The pessary, or are they going to break your waters? My labour was very slow and I was barely dilating and it was because of baby's position. As soon as my waters went it started to progress VERY quickly. I went from 4cm-10cm in about 4 hours after having been in latent labour for pretty much 2 days! I was losing bits of my plug almost constantly the whole day leading up to my waters breaking too. Is your baby fully engaged d'you know?

Hope something happens for you ladies soon! :flower:

Toughgal, when are you going in tomorrow? Im going in at 8pm to start induction. Absolutely gutted that yet again, my body didnt do it on its own :/

Had my 41wk appointment today, bit disappointing. Baby isnt engaged at all, but thats apparently normal for subsequent babies plus I have polyhydramnios which makes it even less likely that she will engage. Never got a sweep and I never asked to be examined to see if id made any progression, because I had both of my girls with me so I didnt want to freak out dd1 for the sake of nothing!

Funny thing is, both of my girls have been born at 40+12 on a Friday... and it seems like this one is going to be exactly the same!

Sunseal - we're still in this one together! 3 days over I'm beginning to think this baby is a figment of my imagination :D

Haha it's funny you should say that as I was saying exactly the same thing to my OH the other day... I believe my wording was "maybe you were firing blanks and I've just eaten too many pies" :D

It's induction day for me as well. At my appointment yesterday, I was barely 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. My midwife wasn't sure she was able to get much of a sweep done.

However, overnight I started to shed brownish mucus and have had a number of short, erratic contractions. Maybe Lil' Miss Bean knows her time is running out to come on her own.

Either way we are off to the hospital tonight to start with cervix ripening then pitocin tomorrow if needed. I'm hoping it won't be needed.

Good luck to everyone :flower:

Good luck Nikko88, I really hope it all goes smoothly and you're holding your baby in your arms soon!

Good luck everyone with their inductions and hopefully babe will come on their own. It is NST and ultrasound for me tomorrow and then appointment with midwife on Friday to discuss what to do, if anything for my VBAC. Hoping baby comes today... It is my late father's birthday, wouldn't that be special. I am 41 weeks tomorrow...

Shineystar I am 40 weeks +1 so not by much.

Today's the day I get my sweep ladies. Here's hoping it helps.

And good luck to all of you going in for inductions and labor dust to those who are still waiting it out. I'm trying to stay positive as possible! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->