Sleep clinic diary of a 3 year old with SEN and horrific sleep issues.

Hope the successes keep coming! Good luck and big hugs x

Well he's just rubbed his eyes (he's been up since 5am). I'm going to try and push him until 9am then try and get him to nap until 10.30am. Or maybe 8.30-10am.

So glad you had a better night and hope Thomas manages to get a nap in today xxx well done both of you!

Here to follow hun!
So glad it was a good night :)

That sounds good! FX it continues!

iv not read all the pages hun but for the stroking thing.. try a hat with tassles. My son is being assessed for Autism and will not goto sleep without his hat and he holds/strokes and chews on the tassles of it. I always worry about him sleeping with it but its the ONLY way he will sleep xx

Wow, way to go Thomas! :dance:. I hope this is the start of great sleep for you guys.

We've tried several different things for Thomas to stroke instead of me but nothing works. He just needs me.

Well Thomas had a 2 hour nap. Amazing!!

OH has now decided he wants to swap our rooms around :dohh: I really hope this doesn't impact on Thomas' sleep tonight.

Oh goodness, I hope not too! FX again!
2 hour nap sounds lovely! Can you tell from his behaviour that the increased sleep did him good or does lack of sleep not impact his moods?

Wow what a great nap!

Fingers crossed the bedroom change around doesn't affect Thomas' sleep :thumbup:

Sounds like you're both doing really well! I hope the room change doesn't upset him too much. Elodie can be a bad sleeper too sometimes (not as bad as Thomas though) but she can wake for hours for no reason sometimes too!

The sleep has definitely affected his moods for the better. He's only really had 1 meltdown today and it wasn't a severe one. I knew my happy little boy was trapped in him somewhere :cloud9:

He's eating more too!

B - 2 slices toast
L - banana, 2 biscuits, cheese sandwich
D - pork and bean cassoulet (but I had to spoon feed)
S - banana

He's upstairs having free play with my OH and I'm going to run him a bath at 7pm. I'm aiming for him to be in bed with a book at 7:45pm.

That's a really good list of food, well done Thomas!!!

Hope you have another good night! Do you have any idea why last night/today was such a success? Did you do anything differently or do you think it was just chance?

Tonight went rather well considering. We currently have a huge thunder and lightning storm going on. It's been rumbling for hours and has already tripped our fuses once and almost friend OHs XBOX one (I am not connected to the mains!!).

I started at 6pm with dinner. At 7.15pm I ran a bath and he was in there until 7.45pm. Once I'd got him dressed I gave him milk - this is the first time I've done it so I hope it fills his belly and helps him sleep longer. We went up to bed at 8.10pm where I read 3 stories and at 8.35pm he was asleep.

I'm a bit in shock to be honest. I was expecting much more of a battle. I would love for this to continue but I think if it does the HV and nurse are going to think I'm a fraud! This is the child who never naps in the day, sleeps for an hour or 2 between 8-11pm then is up until 3am and back up by about 7am. Crazy.

I have never combined a warm bath with gentle play. Thomas has always been so on the go I struggled to calm him down.

Having OH on board helps though tonight he did say 'oh I don't think you'll have success tonight he's bouncing round and there's a storm'. Yes like I am the only parent.

I'm going to read my new cookbook now :)

Good one Thomas! Hope it doesn't make him stay up too late?

I want to swap our rooms around too but also scared about it effecting sleep.

Well he's been fine so far but the night is young :haha:

Give it a try it's worth a go!

Oh I forgot to mention I also do massage, deep pressure touch and roll him like a hotdog in a duvet and press/stroke his back, arms and legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->