Sleep clinic diary of a 3 year old with SEN and horrific sleep issues.

He was in bed at 7.30 tonight but has woken twice already crying :(

Hope you had a good night last night. Wonderful to read your positive updates :hugs:

Last night wasn't as good. He woke twice around 9pm crying then woke again at 11.40 and was up until around 1am. I think I put him to bed too early.

Tonight we made it to bed for all of 20 minutes before he vomited. So everything is now in the wash and the bed is bare which means he's up :dohh: such is life though I suppose. I got quite stressed about it earlier and OH reminded me that life happens not everything can be on a schedule.

He's not napped though and we've been out most of the day so he really should have no trouble getting him off when the bedding has dried (thank god for tumble dryers)

Thomas isn't ill, the vomiting happens from time to time.

Sorry it was not a success but you now know he can sleep better and hopefully in time the good nights will get more and more frequent.
I have about 6 pairs of sheets for the boys' beds just in case they get sick or have explosions. I also have two sets of sleeping bags and endless pjs for them. lol But since Thomas sleeps in your bed I am guessing he got your duvet and pillow too? Poor little thing. Do you know what brings on the vomiting?

Sorry you had a bad night. Hope tonight goes better for you.

Both of my kids were prone to puking when they got upset. My son was always really bad with random puking. It's hard to deal with because it's so gross. :(

I think it's related to stress. He had trouble settling and kept crying so eventually out the vomit came.

Yeah unfortunately he got everything on the bed right down to the mattress protector so it all had to be washed :dohh: OH is putting it back on now though so really he's only 1 hour behind schedule it's not too bad.

How did he sleep after? Your oh is right, not everything can be on a schedule and it's so hard to remember that sometimes! When I put Elodie up for a nap and she doesn't settle I get so annoyed it's ridiculous really. I know she's tired, I know she needs a nap, and I know I need her to nap so I can have my break :haha: it's hard trying to remember to be calm!

I got stressed last night. I am just over a sickness bug. My ih got it last night and just as I was putting Bella to bed she was sick everywhere. Now the house stinks like sick I was up at 5:30 doing washing and on my hands and knees scrubbing floors and had to take a holiday to look after lo as her dad is still pretty poorly.

Hope last night was ok hun.

Sorry it's taken me a while to come back, the last few days have been pretty shit.

Good news though we found out his stroking is not sensory it's behavioural which means I can stop it :haha: I don't mind if it's for a few minutes but for 20+ plus it's too much.

So we were back at sleep clinic today. I took Thomas with me and he had everyone pandering to him :rofl: it was so funny to watch.

They realised T is waking a lot between 10-11pm so I'm to start the routine at 10pm and have him in bed at 10:30pm. We can then slowly roll the bedtime back when he's sleeping through.

Speaking of I should go and start it.

Jessy I hope everyone is feeling better now :( the smell of sick is awful

Feff it's so annoying isn't it. Thomas will fight it so much I'm not sure he even knows how to tell me he's tired.

:hugs: I've been away so missed out on updates. This is such amazing progress, yes there are rough bits but its blooming amazing!!

I've observed if Marcus has a really good sleep 11/12 hours he still wants to nap next day but then can't get to sleep that night. Wonder if that kind of happened for Thomas too. Hope u have a good night x

I think I've pin pointed what happened. On Wednesday because he was the only child at disability playgroup they took him in the sensory group and wound him up so much he was practically bouncing off the walls. It disrupted everything. I think I'm going to have to tell them he needs calming activities. The HV popped in whilst he was there and said today how hyper he was.

He's just eating supper now (wholemeal toast). I'm breaking another habit. He won't eat dinner. I don't give in as I cook from scratch and want him to eat it but oh always gives in and gives him toast. HV said if he doesn't eat at dinner give him nothing until supper and he'll soon learn he won't get his own way. Now I wouldn't withhold food if it was stuff he didn't like or it was new but everything I cook he likes. Fussy pampered sod.

:hugs: I think its hard with an additional needs child as u can't always tell when its their difficulties or just them being dramatic toddlers. W went through the toast battle. We now offer dinner if he doesn't eat it I offer a small supper with his milk, bread stick, toast, cracker type thing. Give it a good hour or two in between so they don't catch on :haha:

Marcus can say toast now..his version of the word anyway so wonders about either screaming toast or cake :blush:

I thought I'd update as we are now midway through our last week of sleep clinic.

Thomas has a tummy bug :( so has been very unsettled. II'm changing his nappy several times a night. Touch wood he's not had a nasty nappy today so he may be over it.

Friday night he slept 6 hours 45 minutes with no wake ups and no naps.

Saturday he slept 7 hours 40 minutes with a 20 minute wake up at 4am and no naps.

Sunday he slept 8.30-9.45 so didn't even make it to bedtime routine (bug). He then couldn't get back off until 1am but slept until 8am.

Last night he slept for 6 hours with no wake ups but couldn't sleep until midnight. He has been asleep since 9.30 (after a tantrum) and I'm going to wake him at 11.30

Saturday afternoon I sprained my ankle (I do it often) so went to bed early and told Sean to do the bedtime routine. He didn't :growlmad:

Fingers crossed tonight is better.

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy267/sequeena1/Mobile%20Uploads/20141118_111728.jpg

That's the diary they give us :haha:

Oh no how's your ankle? Grrr I would've been so angry at your oh lol! Hopefully the bug has gone and he can get back into his routine x

It's getting there. It's still hurting but it will take about 2 months to heal fully anyway. The worst bit was I was pushing T across the road in his chair when it happened and I almost tipped him sideways :(

My OH God love him is pretty much useless when it comes to this. I'm a control freak anyway so I prefer to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->