Sleep clinic diary of a 3 year old with SEN and horrific sleep issues.

it sounds wonderful! I really really hope it will work well again tonight and you finally both get some more sleep :)

So happy it seems to be working! Hope tonight goes well.

Have to agree that baths are amazing as part of the bedtime routine. My LO tends to wind up rather than down when he's getting tired and the end of the day will often see him running around like crazy - a lovely warm bath always calms him down and relaxes him and takes that overtired edge off him.

I also always give him plenty of warning about what's to come and talk about what we're going to do. So, after dinner I say, "It's almost time for your bath and to go to bed", then when he's in the bath I say, "After this we're going to go in your bedroom, get your PJs on and then it's time for bed", etc. Even down to, "When we finish this book we're going to turn the light out and you'll get in bed and go to sleep". Might be something to try with Thomas if you haven't yet!

Yes that's what I've started doing. I don't know if it's helping because I don't think Thomas understands me (apart from when I say bath!) but I will keep saying it. He'll understand eventually.

The milk must have helped. Last night he woke an hour after I put him down, it's been 1.5 hours and he's still asleep.

I agree about baths being brilliant. I think it mentally prepared them for bed as they know that is coming next. My LO goes pop when he's overtired - running around like a whirlwind - but his bath chills him right out. It can be as long or short as time allows/he likes but he loves it no matter what. There have been times when we've thought he was getting poorly but as soon as he's in his bath he relaxes and is his chirpy self again.

So. .... Thomas slept for 13.5 hours last night

:happydance:

Oh my goodness that's awesome. Fancy coming to my house and working your magic here? :)

I can't believe it :haha:

He of course won't be having a nap today! My OH is just taking him out so he will be running round lots (taking his chair too just in case).

His portage worker couldn't believe it :rofl:

That's fantastic, go Thomas and yay for you!

That's fab! I'm so jealous haha! Yeah good idea to let him tire himself out, without a nap hopefully he does the same tonight too x

Brilliant news! Hope he is having a good day and sleeps well tonight.

I can but hope and hopefully he'll eat another good dinner tonight too :)

Oh how wonderful! So happy for you! Hope you managed to sleep well too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->