Snowflake bump buddies and friends

Im good, tired but thats about it. Bought some cute things for diddy today, posted in my journal but will share here too :)

Attachments

• DSCN0619.jpg
    DSCN0619.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0620.JPG
    DSCN0620.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
Loving the little outfits. I bought one too not very long ago but have just not gotten around to taking a picture.

Chrissie, you mentioned in your journal you weren't going to buy too much yet. I am of the same mind to try and keep it to a minimum as well... (although I admit I have the crib and change table - remember bought those when my sister came the day I got my bfp :oops:)

It is really hard when my lovely friends want to give me their baby stuff they are done with... Don't get me wrong, I don't mind second hand stuff one bit... I have so far succeeded in saying only 0-6 month old stuff please, but even then we really don't have space for much (especially right now with the floors being pulled apart in the nursery)...

Ah bless them. I actually am glad they are so excited for us and are happy to share. I guess its time to invest in some rubbermaids to store stuff in our crawl space for the next few months.

Yep. Do they have target or wal mart in canada? Both have pretty cheap storage bins.

all good here, feeling very pleased after seeing Oompas heartbeat flashing away today!!

Here's a question for you ladies...

is everyone going to enlist their DH as their birthing partner or appoint someone else?

I have to be honest, I am thinking of enlisting a couple of my girlfriends (although that is alot to ask if I go into labour during working hours or in the wee hours of the night)...but I really don't think my DH can hack it... he can't handle stress at all and he reacts with anger...

I really don't want that in the labour and delivery room... I need my girls there. they will know when to massage me, help me change positions and most importantly stay calm. I can't picture my DH doing any of that for me. It isn't his style.

What are you girls doing?

at this stage I'll be going with OH, if something drastic changes and we do end up in Oz, this may be added to with a girlfriend or two or perhaps my mum or aunty. But in the UK I just dont' have the close knit group of girlfriends I could ask, I've got one really good mate but she's not got any kids of her own and is slightly prudish so I'm not sure she'd be entirely comfortable with the idea anyway. plus she's on the other side of london so should i go into labour in the middle of the night she'd have no way of getting to me anyway.
I'm okay with OH though, he's pretty chilled out and relaxed and I've not seen him get really angry over anything in the past, plus, he always knows how to calm me down however much I've worked myself up into a state, I think I'd stress more if he wasn't there through it.

My DH will be in the operating room with me as I am having a c-section due to complications last time. The first time he was there with me too but felt pretty helpless I think.

My opinion would be to ask him. He might take exception to you just assuming he can't hack it and leaving him out.

I have mentioned it to him. He isn't pleased but he can't deny he has no ability to keep calm. Last time I had the stomach flu, he threw a fit because I was in the washroom barfing and he needed to use the toilet. After yelling at me, and banging on the door, I dragged my sorry ass out of the bathroom so he could use the toilet. He then left me on the floor of our bedroom that morning and stormed off to work. He can't handle seeing me in pain or sick. I just can't see him suddenly now taking on that "nurturing" role. He never has been that person for me.

I understand babe, I am sure he is a special person to you in other ways, we cant expect our men to be all rounders like we are!

My DH will be with me, I do not think he would forgive me if I didnt want him there. He is a stressy person too and gets easily cross but I am so surprised how much this baby coming has calmed him and he is always really good when I am poorly. When I had mc last year, he was amazing and calm! Didnt show any stress or anger at all though he did find it hard seeing me in pain and delivering Diddy is bound to be painful but I know he can hack it..... well if he cant, I will just thump him and have good reason too :)

Can he not be there too and leave the room if it gets too much for him? My friend Caroline had her best friend there as she and her DH had split up but he was there too and stepped up to the mark when she needed him, but her friend was the one there to give her moral and physical support - just a thought babe xxx

Yeah Chrissie, I think we may go that route. Talked again to DH about it the other day and he was upset (understandably). I did explain to him why I felt the way I did so he knew where I was coming from, and what I needed on that day. I think if he knows that, he will either a) behave or b) have no case to get upset if I ask him to leave.

I will have to have one of our couple friends there though. He is better behaved when our friends are there. I will make sure one of his buddies and his buddy's wife is there. One friend for me, one for him.

I think that sounds like a great idea snugs, support for both of you at a time that is going to be stressful for the both of you (obviously for different reasons) at least that way if you need to ask him to leave the room, you can do so knowing he's got someone outside that he can talk to and be with to get the support/company he needs, and you've got your friend to give you what you need.

I bought a really cute pj set online the other day :) Totally unnecessary since my nightgowns are stretchy tshirts but I couldn't help myself! Hope it fits!!

Ok So how about a link for use to see these PJS?

I am feeling super tired today!

I am so tired too. Contemplated calling in sick to work today but dragged my sorry butt in anyways.

https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.asp...=https://www.jcpenney.com/products/C51900.jsp

me too! My fleece pjs are getting tight!!! and the nightgowns just are not warm enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->