So behind ….

Babybump87

Reaction score
My gosh I am soo behind with Christmas this year !

Seriously starting to make me stressed out !

Large chuck of our Christmas money went on fixing our boiler … worst time for it to break !

Anyone else not made a “proper” start!

I've not made a start at all. I've bought one thing :dohh:

Oh no, what a bad time for the boiler to break :(

Oh no. Ours went this time last year. Luckily BIl is a gas engineer so we just paid for the boiler.

I haven't made a start yet either. Lacking ideas and money :(

I’m feeling anxious that I haven’t bought anything yet too! Glad it isn’t just me :)

I am the same boat too and we too had several big expenses! Not one present bought for the boys but then I actually don't know what to get them anyway! WAHH!

Oh wow thanks ladies made me feel so much better! We can all feel stressed together !

I know right the boiler was a right pain in the butt too !!

I’ve now got proper lists off DDs not too worried about DS1( 3 years ) DS2 (5 months ) they are easier thankfully !

Going to start doing some price checks over the weekend . Thankfully one thing DD1 wants is on sale in Smyths !

Ordered DD1 some clothes she liked on Shein....hopefully they are okay quality. Sometimes they can be a bit hit and miss.
Used £40 from my top cash back so technically only spent £20

Yep feel the same I’m so behind! I’m usually at least halfway done. I’ve still got main presents to get and other bits, stocking fillers and I’ve not even started on other people

I feel you! So far I've bought a jar of caramel coffee for SILs Christmas bag and that's it. I really need to get started. I feel your pain on the boiler too, we've had to spend almost all the money I had saved for a new triple sleeper for the little 3 on multiple issues with the car.

I feel you! So far I've bought a jar of caramel coffee for SILs Christmas bag and that's it. I really need to get started. I feel your pain on the boiler too, we've had to spend almost all the money I had saved for a new triple sleeper for the little 3 on multiple issues with the car.
Oh gosh ! Why do all these buys / fixes happen at the worst times !
We will get there just means a last minute rush for me ! xx

I've bought 2 things this morning as I had an email about £5 off a £15 spend at amazon.
I'll make it clear how unorganised I am this year. I've not even bought a note book! I have a new note book each year in which I write all the gifts and then put a tick for ordered, a tick for arrived, a tick for wrapped and a tick for gifted so I can keep track. Even though I have an app and list on here I still do this

One of the biggest issues I'm having is whether to buy the main presents kow so there's no stress getting them, or to what for Black Friday and possibly save money as long as they are actually included in the sale and in stock

Thing is, I never have a moment in the year where something breaking down is not inconvenient! :haha:

Yeah Nick was saying wait and see if the Switch is in the Black Friday deal but I really doubt it and I worry that they may be sold out closer to xmas. But I am just still not sure if we should get it or not.

That's my fear. I remember the panic last year of trying to find Zac an xbox and don't want to go through that again. It's weighing up whether getting it at a discount is worth the extra month of stress that you might not get it at all. I might just go for it. I've been saving and have the money sat there for this purpose. I want to order from somewhere we can collect from though as long as the price is right as I'm still having issues with Dpd and can't risk it getting sent back if it's sent via them.

yeah picking up yourself always is a safer option for sure! Unless you have amazon prime.

Honestly at this point I'd feel better if it was coming with Yodel and that's saying something :haha: the whole thing has been far more complicated than it needs to be.

It does sound so weird! I really wonder how that happened.

I feel you all. I'm starting to get a list together now finally but there are no 'main' presents on there. I just don't know what to get. I think DD1 would love a laptop but her attitude and addiction to her tablet is awful, so really don't feel now is the right time. Dd2 would loge a hoverboard but she'd never have a chance to use it.
One other thing I thought about was a new trampoline.. ours is old now but still works fine.

I usually get a new notebook too but my lists are so minimal I'd only use a few pages. I've got my budget planner so will use that.

I went shopping today and forgot to pick up a note book :rolleyes: but I did get a few bits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->