Softcup Users: The Official 2010 Testing Thread!!

Lol.. no problems, i'll get as graphic as you want! :)
What I did was slightly pinch it, and scrape/scoop it along my labia.... there was quite a bit of semen that had leaked out... I made sure the stuff I was scooping made it in the cup (required a bit of an omlette flipping motion :rofl:) then inserted the cup.

I only figured that out on my last use though.. prior to that I kept thinking I was trapping his swimmers on the outside. Not sure if my method helped any, but it reassured me as I saw a whole LOT of stuff in the cup before inserting!

Gosh Lisa - now that technique was REAL dedication! I find it so funny how I tell the kids I teach how easy it is to get pregnant! And we end up doing stuff like this!!! :winkwink:

What I did was slightly pinch it, and scrape/scoop it along my labia.... there was quite a bit of semen that had leaked out... I made sure the stuff I was scooping made it in the cup (required a bit of an omlette flipping motion :rofl:) then inserted the cup.

I only figured that out on my last use though.. prior to that I kept thinking I was trapping his swimmers on the outside. Not sure if my method helped any, but it reassured me as I saw a whole LOT of stuff in the cup before inserting!

Gosh Lisa - now that technique was REAL dedication! I find it so funny how I tell the kids I teach how easy it is to get pregnant! And we end up doing stuff like this!!! :winkwink:

LOL!!! I think the crazier part is that I'm willing to openly describe it here!!
Of course I was the gal to give great BJ tips to all my friends in college! :blush:

I know what you mean tryforbaby2, I thought it would be easy. Now 15 months and 1 M/C later I was sadly mistaken. Oh well it will happen and stick when it is meant to be! Baby Dust to you too!!! :dust:

I agree. When it's meant to happen it will. I am just hoping I don't have to wait much longer! LOL

Ugh.....I'm out on my first cycle trying after my MMC.

Blah....onto next cycle. TTC since last july.

Sorry to hear that - we have been trying for #2 for 10 months...

Sucks doesn't it?....Honeybee and I are trying the sex to induldge our husbands and our cravings instead of ttc for a baby! Hopefully the increased sexy sex for our husbands will do the trick. Maybe sexy sex is what the doctor will order! :rofl:

Yeah I am very impatient so I don't know how much longer I can wait. LOL

Hi Ladies! I'm new to this, and I feel a little like I'm intruding, but I need some support! ...we've been ttc since we got married in May, so I'm in cycle 4...not long I know! I've been using the SCs for af since April...I just found out about trying to use them with ttc, so I'm hoping to get our bfp from it. I've been tracking my cm and af for months now, but this cycle was the first time trying an opk. Positive was Mon (sept 6)...we BD on cd 10, 12, 14, and i used the SC on cd14 after BD, so i'm really hoping! I got really paranoid after inserting it for ttc and I was afraid I was blocking all the sperm from getting through, but I left it in all night...I'm so anxious about it! So I think I'll be testing sept 21. Before we got married, we weren't ttc but we weren't preventing either, for over 1 year. I've had so many bfn's before when we weren't preventing that now that we're actually "trying" I'm afraid we may have other issues. :( ugh...so much anxiety...

Check my last post for a tip on how not to 'block' out some of his sperm. I had worried about that too!

Thanks lisaf! I saw that, and if it didn't work this time, then I'll definitely add that to the "repertoire"! :thumbup: I haven't tried charting my temps yet, so I'm thinking if it didn't stick this time, that I'll start doing that too...gonna have to do some research...

fertility friend is a great resource... you can put your temps in and it will figure out your ovulation for you.. also has tips and lessons on BBT charting and other fertility tracking methods.

:hugs: fluterby --- i'm so sorry. I had told dh when we first met- he had been looking into the marines and i flat out told him i would NEVER date anyone in the marines or army or whatever- because i wouldn't be strong enough without them with me. I just couldn't do it. So you have my utmost respect.

Maybe it's better this way so he won't miss a birth though right? I sure hope so. Love to you hun

thank you so much for your kind words ladies. Believe me it is not an easy life but it is a very rewarding one. You never know how strong you are or what you can actually do until you have to do it. I don't wanna do it, but somebody's got to right lol so why not me. I get to fly to TX tomorrow to see my love before he deploys on Sunday. Too bad he leaves 4 days before O so we could try again. Better luck next year huh lol. As far as him missing the birth sure there would've been a posibility but he would try to make his R&R (2wks home mid tour) around that time. Now if I don't get pg with in the first few months of him coming back (which again he will be in TX for around 90 days after deployment and I will be KY) then we run a very real chance of him missing the birth cause he will probably have to deploy again in one year after he returns. That is pretty much how it works. :growlmad: Makes this TTC thing pretty hardcore for us

Wishing you the best of luck and much baby dust ladies

4 days before O still has a slim chance!!

LOL!!! I think the crazier part is that I'm willing to openly describe it here!!
Of course I was the gal to give great BJ tips to all my friends in college! :blush:

He he! I am blushing now too! :blush:

I know what you mean tryforbaby2, I thought it would be easy. Now 15 months and 1 M/C later I was sadly mistaken. Oh well it will happen and stick when it is meant to be! Baby Dust to you too!!! :dust:

I agree. When it's meant to happen it will. I am just hoping I don't have to wait much longer! LOL

Sucks doesn't it?....Honeybee and I are trying the sex to induldge our husbands and our cravings instead of ttc for a baby! Hopefully the increased sexy sex for our husbands will do the trick. Maybe sexy sex is what the doctor will order! :rofl:

Well they do say that proper indulgent sex does release more sperm and therefore more likely for conception (hence the high rate of 1 night stand pregnancies I suppose)!

fluter hoping you can still have a chance!!! I'm rooting for you!

So it DIDN'T go well. I tried to put it in, and it just couldn't get "lodged" into place. It was so wet from all the juices (sorry, gross I know) and it kept slipping right back out. So I finally thought I got it in place, I laid there for a bit, stood up and my vij-j started hissing...and then all the spermies came rushing out and my DH looked at me like "what the hell was that?" AHAHAHAHA...pretty funny actually--but seriously, I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Maybe my anatomy is messed up?

ok, that description was just tooo toooo funny... I can only imagine!!!
Did you watch the video on the web on how to insert?

I just folded in half and before I pushed it all the way in, it just kind of sucked/popped itself in place with the edge of the cup right behind my pubic bone.. :shrug:
Without witnessing your insertion method, lol, its hard to give tips... does the video help any?

So it DIDN'T go well. I tried to put it in, and it just couldn't get "lodged" into place. It was so wet from all the juices (sorry, gross I know) and it kept slipping right back out. So I finally thought I got it in place, I laid there for a bit, stood up and my vij-j started hissing...and then all the spermies came rushing out and my DH looked at me like "what the hell was that?" AHAHAHAHA...pretty funny actually--but seriously, I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Maybe my anatomy is messed up?

it started hissing? AHAHAHAHAHHA that is the best thing ever! lol you just made my morning. That so sounds like something that would happen to me.

Don't worry love, you'll get it! :thumbup:

Yes girls, it was the craziest noise...it sounded like a cat hissing! God only knows. I think I can feel the pubic bone where it is supposed to go behind, but it just doesn't stay put. Will try again tonight...will give an update :)

Yes girls, it was the craziest noise...it sounded like a cat hissing! God only knows. I think I can feel the pubic bone where it is supposed to go behind, but it just doesn't stay put. Will try again tonight...will give an update :)
I do it laying down once we DTD I lay down flat legs folded up and fold it and put it in. It stays in place and there is NOTHING COMING OUT OF ME.. I make sure to feel and make sure nothing is leaking out. I love that. I love the fact that I got so used to it after we DTD, for me not dripping that's what I love it for now. LOL not so much the whole TTC method. then in the morning I take it out in the shower and there is nothing in the cup, very very little. but it can also be my fluids as well sorry TMI.

Well they do say that proper indulgent sex does release more sperm and therefore more likely for conception (hence the high rate of 1 night stand pregnancies I suppose)!

this is what DH and i did last weekend. i ditched opk's, temping, everything and we just had fun with it! used the softcup once but other than that we went with the flow and man was it great!

that is toooooo funny!!! :laugh2: thank you for sharing because I really needed to hear something like that today too! I've never tried inserting them while laying down, so I don't know how that would work...I always do it while sitting on the toilet and I have to use both hands (sorry if that's TMI), but I have found that's it's really important to keep it angled down and back like the instructions say or it won't go in right. Then it just slides right into place. Don't worry...you'll get it!! Good luck! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->