Soy Cycle Buddies 2019 <3 1BFP on second soy cycle 2 BFPs Non-soy cycle

Ah Ana I think you do what’s good for you and your body. And let him get the soldiers where they need to be! Don’t let it bother you, I have up on dh understanding the ins and outs of ttc long ago, now I just do what’s good for me and he’s on to bd when we need to lol. Ttc is both an art and a science and to not try to manipulate it somehow would take the fun out of it too.

I get you about the age thing. I will be 32 at the end of the year and my son is enough to tire me out I can’t picture myself being able to raise a baby past a certain age.

Soy is completely natural and herbal so if you ended up eating a whole lot of the right foods that contained these isoflavones you would have the same effect as taking the supplement.

And you’re definitely not a pain by asking questions or sharing your experiences. I still learn things everyday, like when Sweden explained about the raspberry leaf tea (still can’t find it here lol).

But pineapple, esp the core, and Brazil nuts contain an enzyme called bromelain (I think I’m spelling it wrong) and it’s supposed to help strengthen the lining of your uterus making it better for implantation.

The omega 3 or fish oil helps with ewcm so does grapefruit juice. I have recently found that rooibos tea with buchu (we get this abundantly in South Africa) really helps me with the quantity of ewcm as well. Soy isoflavones tend to try some ppl up so it’s a good idea to just be prepared.

Also your dosage so far seems correct to start with and your symptoms def sound isoflavone related so yay it seems to be working for all of us!

When we tried for DD my OH hated me talking TTC things. He hated it feeling scientific and constructed. I didn’t even tell him about soy last time as I think he’d have thought I was crazy... so totally no how it feels. I’d just limit telling him things to be honest as I think it stresses some people!

Luckily this time round he is as broody for another one as myself and is up for anything! He even researched vitamins to help and bought some for himself- I nearly died of shock!

Just to add to Tesh’s post. You should only eat the pineapple 1dpo to 5 and then no more if you’re thinking of trying! Also omega three if your capsules are high in DHA should also help with Ov.

Thanks alot that's really helpful I think I'll pick up some omega 3 and we always have fresh pineapple at home so that's good. I'm not so keen on nuts so may leave them out lol

I very briefly brought the subject up of my partner taking vitamins for ttc and it was not even up for discussion, a definite no :haha:

My bleeding has stopped!? I've checked cp and it's really soft with watery/slightly stretchy cm, you know like when ewcm is starting and isn't overly stretchy, with a small streak of blood through it.

That's the shortest period I've ever had, im only CD4 so only had 3 days of normal flow. Unless it starts again later, maybe the soy is doing something already!

Ana it was the same with me this cycle! And I nevet got proper spotting before or after af which I usually do. It was also only 3 days and then ewcm which is so awesome lol.

Sweden my dh is the same this time lol I was shocked when I saw him start taking pills! He asks me for his pills everyday and I give him his folic, vit d and omega same as me haha.

That’s exactly how my CM is Anababe minus the blood. It must be the soy! I wondered if it was the omega three but you’ve not started it yet so it must be the soy!

The only difference to you guys is my period was longer, but less intense. It’s normally 3 days intense but 5 days light/medium flow except for the occasional heavy moments.

Yea my DH started taking zinc and conenzyme q10 on top of his multivitamin, omega and vit d which he walkways takes as he read it was good to take those for the swimmers! I couldn’t believe it when they turned up in the mail...

Girls I REALLY hope this is our soytastic month!

Really feels like my body is getting ready to ovulate! Took my OPK today and was low but as I understand the clearblue advanced will always show a low reading for the first test. So we will see what tomorrow brings! Once I get a high reading I’ll start with the grapefruit juice! I’m worried as it impacts estrogen levels in the body that it might give me a false high if I start drinking it now, I’m sure not the case but thought better safe than sorry!

Ooh that's great Sweden, hope you ov soon!

AF hasnt returned for me so it was just 3 days. Crazy but I'm not complaining! Cm is pretty dry today and no signs of ov just yet. I'm curious as to when it will happen and a bit nervous incase the soy messes my cycle up as I usually ov so early, I dont want it to be made later and have a longer wait. I'm still ok for now though as the ewcm doesn't usually start until around CD6/7 and I'm day 5 today.

I didn't sleep too good last night, I'm really tired and have got up with an awful headache this morning. Think I'm definitely feeling the effects of the soy! Not helped by having a wisdom tooth infection at the moment, so not feeling my best today. A quiet day with my 2 year old and some peppa pig I think lol

Hi ladies!! Sorry for being MIA the last couple days. The whole waiting for the 2nd beta test has had me super stressed, and symptoms are really starting to settle in.

So I had my 2nd beta blood test this morning and thank God, my levels more than quadrupled!! They are now at 168! My first ultrasound and appointment will be April 16!

How are you ladies doing? How's the soy coming along? Do you feel like it's working differently this cycle?! I'm praying for all of you and have my fingers triple crossed that this will be your cycle you get your BFP!!

Last edited:
That’s great news Faith!!

Totally having the tiredness, headaches and sleep disruption too Anababe! Hoping it wIll all be worth it!

My CM has dried up a bit and my OPK was still low. So not Oving just yet. Hopefully soon!

Yay Faith!!! That’s excellent news and progression. At least now you can relax a very little bit! April will be here before we know it.

I’ve had headaches every day since taking the isoflavones except today. Yesterday was my last dose. But today I am having a lot of twinges and really feeling my ovaries working if I can call it that?! Also have a slight increase in libido! Had a very very slight bit of ewcm yesterday and it’s changed to an in between milky and ewcm today. My temps also seem to have flat lined lol

I’ve started my omega 3 today together with the rest of my vits. Will start my tea from tomorrow. Can’t believe it’s cd8 tomorrow! I’m expecting to O between cd12-cd14 but will start my opks by cd10.

That's fantastic new Faith, really happy for you! <3

The soy is really affecting my sleep but the headaches have eased today. I'm bleeding a little bit again today though, it's really watery and pink, I'm getting nervous that Its going to mess my cycle up when I've only just got it regular again this last couple of months. I'm probably worrying over nothing but will be glad when I start feeling like I'm ready to ov. My temps have dropped now though to my normal pre ov temps so that's good.

My partner was making pineapple smoothies last night with the kids and said when he passed me 'I'll be making you drink lots of these soon' made me smile shows he must listen when I'm chatting away about TTC stuff even though he acts like hes not interested.

Tomorrow is my last day for the soy, and I'm going to start OPKs on Monday.

Ana don’t worry about the pink spotting it’s normal to spot slightly on Soy it should soon stop.

Aw that’s so sweet that your partner is starting to get onboard! My dh today just randomly asked me when are we going to start tying because he’s been researching how to increase his testosterone levels and that he’s got his supps and needs to get certain other ones tomorrow. I was a bit in shock lol but we had a long convo about the whole sperm meets egg and it was so enlightening. He actually taught me quite a bit about the male reproductive system and I thought I knew more than him! :haha:

He’s also going to be drinking tea, but ginseng tea. And I’m sticking to my rooibos and buchu. So ready to start trying! Think we will start bd Tom cd8 - and it’s st paddy’s day so we’re going to have a night out too.

Ok so I’ve just been to the shops and managed to find RLT!! And guess what? It had Rooibos in it as well! Lol so that worked out perfect for me.

I’m still a bit confused how to use it...

But I’m cd8 today so will start with a cuppa this evening.

How is everyone else coming along?

That's good Tesh, glad you managed to get the tea, I dont like it I have tried it when pregnant it's not for me lol

The spotting has stopped now and I've started with very slight ewcm but having very strong twinges in my right ovary (I never seem to ov from my left) so that's a bit earlier than usual for me but glad it looks like something is starting!

I'm not feeling too good at the moment I've got an abscess in my tooth it's so painful, not ideal now we need to start BD soon, hoping I'm feeling better for tomorrow.

It tastes so weird lol and usually my rooibos tea is nice and sweet! This tastes a bit sour even with honey lol

It’s great that the spotting has stopped. I am also getting very little bits of ewcm here and there. Also getting twinges in ovaries throughout the day so I’m sure it’s a good sign!

Agh that’s not good about the tooth, are you able to take something for inflammation in the interim and just gargle with strong salt water throughout the day?
Honestly I think it’s a symptom from the soy but it goes away. I had the same on my upper palet very close to my premolar last cycle just after I finished the soy and again this cycle (smaller but more towards the front middle).

Great you found the tea! I’ve read in some places you should stop drinking it after O as you can’t drink it in early pregnancy just so you know!

It doesn’t taste very good at all. I wait for it to cool and the drink it ice cold and that helps.

I’m having no signs of O now, which is probably good as my DD has the stomach flu now, and based on the number of times I’ve been vomited on today I imagine I’ll have it by tomorrow morning. So glad I’m not Oving just yet!

Thanks for the advice Sweden! I will stop drinking it after O. I’m just gonna add extra honey for now haha. I’m going to have two to three cups a day until O. I had one cup yesterday and got a very tiny amount of ewcm but very good quality. Do you find it helps with the ewcm?

Didn’t manage to bd yesterday as ds wasn’t feeling well in the evening so was up with him most of the time. Will start smep today. How is your dd doing now? Hope she is feeling better :flower:

How are your opks looking?

DD is pretty poorly. Still vomiting but slept better than I thought she would, woke every 2 hours but back to sleep pretty quickly!

I got my first flashing smiley today!! I’m CD10 and got my first smiley at CD14 last cycle. I had 5 days flashing and then day 6 peak last time. I’m scared me and DH will get the stomach flu in the next couple of days from DD and miss O!

This is the first cycle I’ve tried the tea so not sure if it effects EWCM or not! I’ll let you know how it helps me, I’m not seeing any yet! Will start on the grapefruit today if OH can grab some!

Sorry to hear your DD isn't well Sweden, hope you manage to avoid getting it, but I know too well how these things spread, once one of mine get it I just know it's going to last a good couple of weeks by the times it's worked through us all. Hopefully if your not going to ov for a few days you will be ok!

Sadly girls I'm not with you this month, my TTC journey has come to an end now after my partner just exploded all these feelings at me this afternoon about not wanting another baby, he was only doing it for me because it's what I wanted but he isn't ready for another.

I'm pretty heartbroken at the moment and I'm keeping it together for now. I wont force someone to have a baby they dont want I'm not that person. I just need to get my head around it. I'll still keep coming back to see how your both doing, luckily we haven't BD yet this cycle so I'll prob be going back onto some birth control soon. Our angel baby would have been due in a couple of weeks on the 1st April and I was hoping more than anything I'd maybe get my BFP this time. I guess I knew it deep down it was me who was making most of the effort to ttc I just didn't want to believe it.

Took my last dose of the soy last night, very crampy today and last night so thinking I will ov on my usual day CD10. I'm going to stop temping etc now as it will only make it harder.

I have everything crossed for you both I really hope it's your turn this time <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->