Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Lisa, yep. like Stash said, I've tried Soy in the middle of the cycle, because I was starting to get signs that ovulation just wouldn't happen to me again this time (I keep getting fertile CM for weeks and then start spotting at around CD26-27 if I don't ovulate and another 10-20 days later get proper period). Soy stopped the spotting, but that was pretty much it. I waited 11 days, never got positive OPK, no sign of ovulation approaching either, and no sign of period coming as well. So I went out and bought Provera. Here you technically do need prescription for it, but like with my other drugs they would give it to you, if you know what you're asking for and obviously if it's nothing too heavy.

A couple of people warmed me that it wasn't a good idea taking Soy mid cycle, but I was pretty desperate to try anything ;) Well, at least now I know for sure that it doesn't work like that.

Thanks ladies, i think i will take your advice and wait a couple of weeks to see whats going to happen. Probably won't be able to get a doctors appointment for a couple of week anyway so it will work out well. Cant' believe I went and ordered opk's to then find some (a lot) in the cupboard, good thing about that is it means I can test a couple of times a day for next couple of weeks.

I will hang around here and be having a good read about all your success in the mean time ;). x

Well if you're a fellow POAS addict, they'll help satiate your desire to POAS. :haha:

Oh I most definitely am a POAS addict!!! Just back from doctors (they had a cancellation), the going to check my thyroid and testosterone (thought they had already been done but apparently not!) and they told hubby to come in to be checked for his side of things, and then they will refer us to a FS. SCARED! They wouldn't give me anything to induce periods.

Well I'm currently on CD5 and I'm taking 108.8mg per day (weird 54.4mg dosage) on CD3-7.

We've been trying for 20 cycles without even a single evap line. I temp, I use OPKs and we've DTD exactly when we've supposed too...but nothing. Fertility tests reveal nothing. The gyno is a horrible evil cow who apparently thinks we should conceive naturally without the use of drugs and because we are "still very young" in her words at 32/33 she won't medicate us for another year. Soy's my last ditch effort. Fx'd really.

I've had no side effects at all so far.

Welcome Lisa2701 and Rivetkitten, your gyno does indeed sound like a witch. FX soy is just what you needx

Hi Soili, I'm sorry that soy didn't help you ovulate this cycle but I'm sure that once you start it at the beginning of a new cycle you will see some good results xxx

Have any of you suffered migraines from soy iso?

I suffer migraines from time to time but the one I've had today had been by far the worst I've had and I cannot shift it ! I'm CD10 and last night wady last dose of soy, I took 120mg CD5-7 then 180mg CD8-9. I'm also throwing up and running a temperature so maybe a bug.

Would be interesting to know if anyone had suffered anything like this ?

xx

Well I'm currently on CD5 and I'm taking 108.8mg per day (weird 54.4mg dosage) on CD3-7.

We've been trying for 20 cycles without even a single evap line. I temp, I use OPKs and we've DTD exactly when we've supposed too...but nothing. Fertility tests reveal nothing. The gyno is a horrible evil cow who apparently thinks we should conceive naturally without the use of drugs and because we are "still very young" in her words at 32/33 she won't medicate us for another year. Soy's my last ditch effort. Fx'd really.

I've had no side effects at all so far.

have you tried pre-seed? it seems to help a lot of people, including myself. i also find it interesting your doctor says you are too young to help...from everything i have ever heard, once a woman hits 30 her ability to concieve naturally drops dramatically. i say if the soy doesnt help(FX for you it does) that you find a new doctor.

also has DH been tested too?

Hi Ladies I'm new to this thread and have a question for you... We've been trying for 11 months now...My cycles are pretty regular...anywhere from 28-30ish days and I'm pretty sure I ovulate as I've had positive OPK's before... Would there be any benefit trying soy isoflavones? Would they help produce a better egg? I know there are people who have been trying longer but we're getting impatient and want to try anything that may help... any suggestions?

my cycles were never longer than 31 days, and i think i was ovulating too because i would get the pinching (remember a +OPK doesnt mean definite ovulation, it means if you are going to release an egg it will be in the next 48 hours, but doesnt say you for sure will.) but we werent conceiving either so i tried it and got my :bfp: my first try.

Hi Brynden i like you have a regular cycle and pretty sure i ov'd monthly, i got my BFP twice first time off Soy sadly first time i MMC, but fx'd this one is a sticky :hugs:

Thanks ladies! What days did you take it on? And how much did you take? AF started today so I'll have to go out and find this stuff (i'm in Canada so I know wal-mart doesn't have it here)

A lot of ladies get it off Amazon.com..

First time took it on cd2-6 160mg's then upped to 200mg's last two days.
Second time took it on cd3-7 160mgs then upped to 200mgs the last day.

The only problem is on amazon to ship to canada it costs more than the pills themselves! It would end up costing me $36.00! I wish I could find a store that sells them here... I'll have to call a few health supplement stores or something... What brand do you have?

MissyMoo I am on my first cycle of soy, so am also excited to see when I will ovulate and if it will make much of a difference. Glad I'm finished with it tho the headaches and nausea were driving me nuts. Increased sex drive is good tho. :)
Stash I also took the soy at night. Maybe I took too much.

The only problem is on amazon to ship to canada it costs more than the pills themselves! It would end up costing me $36.00! I wish I could find a store that sells them here... I'll have to call a few health supplement stores or something... What brand do you have?

Some get these https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Valle...Q9HA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301930612&sr=8-1

Some get these https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Valle...Q9HA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301930612&sr=8-1

Hmm those don't ship to canada... I found some at some local store tho! I think DH will pick them up for me on his way home from work! They are 50mg pills... so maybe I should start with 100 or 150mg? I don't want to take too much...

Take whatever your comfortable with and 100mg's of Soy is equal to 50mg's of Clomid

Hmm okay - did it change when you normally ovulated? I normally ovulate around cd 15 or 16 so say my opk's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->