Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Love this Soy Iso discussion! I had pain in my left lower side a few days after taking Soy iso (that was a couple of weeks ago). I forgot to check here and got worried. Now I feel much better. I don't have EWCM but I'm feeling watery for a few days. Also, I'm wondering, do I BD every day now or just every other day? I mean, which one is better for conception? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hey ladies...i took soy iso 120mg at nite Cd's 3-7, i have PCOS and ovulation has been sparce. I had little side effets really just one dizzy spell and that was it diff for every1 i guess!

My cycles are soo irregular last one was 62 days and O'd on CD50 BUT.... i have had my LH surge today on CD20 YAY!!! Plenty of EWCM and CP is looking good! so i think the soy and metformin have really helped this cycle... fingers crossed that we catch the eggy and get that well awaited OCT :bfp: xxx

I'm on the same boat with you. My cycles are irregular too... Dr diagnosed me with PCOS last year. Not too happy with that. Hope OCT will be the lucky month for us all! :)

It sucks doesn't it! just got another +OPK so hoping ov is just round the corner now, normally get feint lines but todays was even darker than yest!!

and def hun GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE LADIES here hope OCT will be a lucky month 4us all xxx

I finished taking my Soy last night! I took 40mg, 80mg, 80mg, 80mg, 120mg....just praying it worked! I havent felt any side effects as such, been pretty impressed with them. I am getting side effects from my Vit B complex though :(
Got a little bit of EWCM today as well...woop! Although might be remenants of last night's awesome :sex: session :blush:

eesoja81: I know this sounds silly, but how do you know if you ovulate? I mean, I never have EWCM - just have CM and sometimes watery. I tried using OPK - the 'strip paper' kind in the past. Some months I have a +, other times it was not a clear +line. So, sometimes I ended up feeling sad & blue. Now,I just quit using it. But eversince taking Soy Iso & RJ, I'm feeling quite motivated in TTC. LOL. Or probably because RJ is also good for combating depression/mood swings.

I suppose there is no 100% positive way of knowing, but I've never been diagnosed with a problem, just irregular periods. For me, I truly believe that I ovulate when I have cramping-sometimes pretty strong-clear/watery cm, then EWCM. It seems to happen that way every month, and then 14 days after the EWCM I get AF. My issue was the days leading up to the EWCM-it could range from 19-22, so that's why I started the soy-to hopefully move my O up. I do believe it worked this month, it's just been kind of confusing. I had 2 days of watery CM, then 1 day of cloudy, now EWCM today. Yesterday threw me off, but it's my 1st mo. trying soy, so I kind of knew it wouldn't be super smooth. As far as the OPKs-I have not found those strips to be reliable. That's GREAT that you're feeling good about TTC-it's stressful, but should be fun & worth all of the hard work in the end! :flower:

well i took 45mg of soy last night and feel rather queasy today

someone mentioned food at breakfast time at work to me and i gagged lol

will continue to take it for about a week though and see how i get on

well i took 45mg of soy last night and feel rather queasy today

someone mentioned food at breakfast time at work to me and i gagged lol

will continue to take it for about a week though and see how i get on

Hi! I am TOTALLY NOT an expert on this, but you mentioned taking it "for about a week," and I've read quite a bit saying that you should only take it for 5 days, and only early in your cycle. I think it's supposed to have opposite or adverse effects on ovulation if you take it for too long, so maybe something to look in to! Hope this is somewhat helpful :hugs:

As far as the queasiness-I've heard of all sorts of different symptoms. I didn't have any (160mg/day) but I've seen women post about all sorts of symptoms. Maybe it was just something you ate (hopefully) :flower:

Best of luck and baby dust!!!:kiss:

when you take soy isoflavones for the 5 days you will really know when you are OVULATING the pains are very very very strong an excellent indicator .
I took it cd2 to 6 and Ov'd 2 days early on cd10 and had no symptoms or side effects until yesterday, i am in the 2ww with a quite a few days to gobefore the end of my cycle but have got since today 5dpo really sore nipps, heavy boobs and really knackered.
good luck everyone xxxxx

I took Soy this month (CD4-8) and Fertility Friend has confirmed Ovulation on CD 16, from a +OPK and Temps. I didn't have any Ovulation Pains though.

Good luck and lots of :dust: to all you lovely ladies

xx

Pink , well it does say that not everyone will have the pains you may have headaches or hot flushes instead hun dont worry xx

when you take soy isoflavones for the 5 days you will really know when you are OVULATING the pains are very very very strong an excellent indicator .
I took it cd2 to 6 and Ov'd 2 days early on cd10 and had no symptoms or side effects until yesterday, i am in the 2ww with a quite a few days to gobefore the end of my cycle but have got since today 5dpo really sore nipps, heavy boobs and really knackered.
good luck everyone xxxxx

i know, i haven't ov for about 14 neither have i had any af so i'm taking a low dose until i can feel ov pains then i'll stop and wait for af

i have had this recommended to me by a few people for whom it has worked

don't worry i'm not trying to create a football team in one month

well i would love to have two in one shot i must admit im 43 44 in dec and one shot get the lot sounds fantastic to me as my new to be OH has no children at all and he would be a brilliant dad bless him, but no i wouldnt go for a rugby team either ( dont like footy LOL) x

i think the soy worked for me :happydance: at first it just corrected my long cycles from 60 days then to 35 days then 28 which is great no this is my 3rd cycle and i got a faint positive this morning.. im praying its not a evap.. but the soy made me ov on cd 10

does it make anyone else ov early?

Congrats - I hope it's a stciky bean - H&H 9 Months
xx

Babehopes congratulations, im too on the soy and took it cd2-6 adn also OV'd on cd10 and am now so bloated and have had really sore nipples for 4 days now and have started to feel sick in the mornings and at night as of yesterday did you have any of this !
:dance:

Hello ladies, I am new here and have been TTC for about 5 years now with no success at all. :( I have very irregular periods and I believe I have never ovulated. I would like to start taking the Soy Isoflavones but I have no idea when, how much, or what brand to take. AF came today and I took my last BC pill on Tuesday because I want to start trying new things again. I would really appreciate any advice or opinions any of you would have for me. I also noticed that some of you take Folic acid or multivitamins so are there any other things that I should be taking as well? I have PCOS which I take metformin 1000 mg so I'm curious if the soy would still work on me or not. Well thank you ladies and I appreciate any help with my situation...I'm sure you know how frustrating and depressing it can be at times.

Hello ladies, I am new here and have been TTC for about 5 years now with no success at all. :( I have very irregular periods and I believe I have never ovulated. I would like to start taking the Soy Isoflavones but I have no idea when, how much, or what brand to take. AF came today and I took my last BC pill on Tuesday because I want to start trying new things again. I would really appreciate any advice or opinions any of you would have for me. I also noticed that some of you take Folic acid or multivitamins so are there any other things that I should be taking as well? I have PCOS which I take metformin 1000 mg so I'm curious if the soy would still work on me or not. Well thank you ladies and I appreciate any help with my situation...I'm sure you know how frustrating and depressing it can be at times.

Hey hun,

We are in pretty similar situations, we have been ttc for nearly 5 years, i have PCOS, only have 1-2 periods a year and i have only ovulated 5 times in that time, once with Clomid, twice with our 2 x IUI's and twice spontaniously).
This is my second cycle of Soy, the first time didn't make me ovulate. You can take them CD2-6, CD3-7 or CD5-9. Dosage varies too, i think most women take 50-100mg each of the days. You can take them morning or night, but take them at the same time each of the days. Some women take them before bed to ease the side effects, which vary women to women but most common are headaches, mood swings and hot flushes. You can get them in Holland & Barrett and it will say 750mg on the bottle, but you need to check the label and see how much is actually Soy, i think its 23mg. I got mine from a local health store and mine are 50mg. Get yourself a prenatal vitamin, you can get these from Boots, Superdrug, etc. Hope that helps.

x

Hi, thanks for the very useful info and I'm sorry to hear that you have also been TTC for so long without any success. I'm probably going to sound really dumb by asking this but when you say CD 2-6, do you mean days 2-6 of bleeding? I have never actually charted or anything like that because we always hoped it would just happen like it does for many. Everyone kept saying it would happen when the time was right but we are tired of waiting. Thanks again for all your info, I really appreciate it and wish you the best of luck in conceiving. :)

Yes, CD 2-6 is during AF. CD 1 is when your AF first arrives full flow (not spotting). I just started on soy this cycle (CD3-7) and I'm on CD6. I also have irregular cycles and just got my first round of bloods (results normal). I go back in CD20 for the next round, and then they'll go from there. They're checking if I have PCOS or not. Anyhow, I did notice one thing so far this cycle that's very different - I never got a heavy flow even for one day..it was light the first and last day and medium in the middle. And it only lasted 5 days. Just thought I'd share :)

Hi, thanks for the very useful info and I'm sorry to hear that you have also been TTC for so long without any success. I'm probably going to sound really dumb by asking this but when you say CD 2-6, do you mean days 2-6 of bleeding? I have never actually charted or anything like that because we always hoped it would just happen like it does for many. Everyone kept saying it would happen when the time was right but we are tired of waiting. Thanks again for all your info, I really appreciate it and wish you the best of luck in conceiving. :)

Nope you don't sound dumb my lovely. CD1 is first day of full blood flow (not spotting), so yeah CD2-6 is days 2-6 of bleeding. Thanks hun, i wish you lots of luck too. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->