• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Butterfly, i was not ovulating properly for the last few months well i thought not anyway and so i thought i would try isoflavones this cycle and well i have never OV'd like i had this cycle and im so pleased, i tried it as my last resort as i am 43, and well i wanted to see if it works for us as i really wanted to fall pregnant before im either 44 ( which i am in december this year), or 45 and well i am now in the 2ww wait with at least 13 days to go but i only have 27 day cycles at the longest but am trying not to think about it and see what happens. Tbh if you have no effects on soy and you want to try it then get to tesco tomorrow and they are tesco's own and they are 40mg each one, try them from either cd2 or 3 for 5 days and try just having 3 of them a night before bed for the 5 days which will be 120mg or 4 which is 160mg and see how you get on.
I took 160mg for the first three days from cd2 and then the last 2 days 200mg and well it worked !.
Good Luck Hun i hope this helps xx

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help, i'm so worried.

I forgot to take my Soy last night and now cannot take it until tonight, have i ruined it??

I took 200mg cd5, 200mg cd6, missed yesterday cd7, today is cd8.

Thanks x

Oh hun i havent felt good all day i have been really lightheaded and giddy all day and havent dared go anywhere and have been really tearful and i dont know whats causing it, does anyone know if this is normal for soy ???? :cry: :shrug: xx
Hope you are ok eesoja81 x

inkdchick-sorry I'm just posting now-hope YOU are ok :hugs: I've heard of some side effects from the soy, but not sure about emotional-could just be those TTC blues, you know? Hope you're doing better today :flower: You're in the game now, so keep your chin up!!!

I THINK I'm right about to O-had the watery CM all day yesterday, BD'd CD 10 and last night, and have plans for tomorrow morning. I can't get a good clear example of my CM right now (BDing sometimes affects that for me) but am feeling crampy. I think the soy may have worked for me as well!!!

Im lots better in some ways but am just so tired now and peeing loads but i am hooked on grapefruit juice and frothy decaff coffee, ( i can only have decaf coz of heart), but dont mind it tbh, and my temps are up nicely since OV so im really hoping that it stays that way this time. Good Luck hun xxx

Hiya Ladies

Have bought some Holland and Barrett Soya Isofavones 750mg (12mg diadzin & daidzein, 7mg glycitin & glycitein, 2.5mg genistin & genistein, 23mg soya saponins) could someone help me with the correct dosage if I'm using it to help with ovulation

Please Note - I've had no af or ovulation for over a yr, but a couple of people on here have said it'd be fine to take to 'start me off' so to speak

How do you know what days to take soy? Does it depend on your cycle length? Sorry for all the questions, but I have an irregular cycle that lasts anywhere from 39 days to 65 days. I'm on CD3 today, so would I start them today or start them in a couple days?

Hun start them today before bed and take them for 5 days in total counting from tonight so that means you take your last ones on saturday, and good luck xx

Thank you! Okay, I'm getting excited...we've been ttc for 10 months now. AF was a month late, so my Dr put me on provera to bring it on. I had bloods done yesterday and will have them again on CD 21/22. Do you think these will have any effect on the results?

Hi i was wondering about my message before, if anyone can help?

Should i take the Soy for an extra day at the end, take double dosage tonight or just leave it and take as normal from now?

Thanks x

Hiya Ladies

Have bought some Holland and Barrett Soya Isofavones 750mg could someone help me with the correct dosage if I'm using it to help with ovulation

Please Note - I've had no af or ovulation for over a yr, but a couple of people on here have said it'd be fine to take to 'start me off' so to speak

anyone? :(

Anna, have a look on the back and check exactly how much Soya there is, i have a feeling its something like 23mg.

Dosage wise -

Apparently its best to start low, they say that you need to take double of Soy to what you would Clomid, so if you take 50mg Clomid, take 100mg Soy. I got put on 50mg Clomid when i did Clomid so i guess 100mg Soy is a good starting point, but i think i have read women starting on 25mg Clomid so maybe start with 50mg Soy. Take either CD2-6, CD3-7 or CD5-9...apparently taking on CD2-6 will produce lots but not very mature, 3-7 produces a good quantity and fairly good maturity and 5-9 produces the best quality but prob only one.

I'm no expert though.

Good luck.

x

I did a lot of research on Soy, and I took it to help up the chances "naturally" that I could conceive twins... BUT I also have PCOS, so I am hoping that it helped with my cycle period... no pun intended

Along with the soy CD 3-7 this month I took mucinex (In the blue box)...I have never seen so much CM... TMI I know but it worked....I have felt more O pains this month, than last month using soy but I upped my dosage too...Had to use a rice sock the other day...Also this month I bought softcups && gave them a go...
HOPE THIS IS OUR MONTH!!!
:hugs:
GOOD LUCK

Hiya Ladies

Have bought some Holland and Barrett Soya Isofavones 750mg could someone help me with the correct dosage if I'm using it to help with ovulation

anyone? :(

I tried to google your question for you && the only I found was where you posted up on this site...
Sorry I tried....:hugs:
I bought my soy from walmart the spring valley kind...

I did a lot of research on Soy, and I took it to help up the chances "naturally" that I could conceive twins... BUT I also have PCOS, so I am hoping that it helped with my cycle period... no pun intended

I found somewhere a while back that said if you take them CD 3-7 it gives you more follicles (better chance of twins)...
Don't know how true this is....
I hope so, I want twins tooo!!! :happydance:

found this web site for ya too https://www.buzzle.com/articles/natural-ways-to-get-pregnant-with-twins.html

hope it helps

Anna,

Perhaps get the Tesco brand? They have 40mg of Soy Iso in so you can take the dose you want and be confident at the amount of Soy Iso you are getting!

Im a bit anxious now about the twin thing, Ive been taking CD3-7 !!!!

thanks guys will use these for now as they only had them in bottles of 240! ha

i think they only have 23mg of soy but i don't actually mind taking tablets i suppose i'll get used to the amount lol next time i'll have a look at tesco

Hi ladies, wondered if anyone could help...

I'm on cd2 today and was going to start on soy tomorrow (3-7 as this is what most people have recommended) and have got the H&B ones so 23mg.

My last cycle was ridiculous (71 days) and I'm now having acupuncture and seeing a woman for TCM, which is what kick started my cycle, and really want to start giving my eggies a little boost and encouragement to appear...

My questions are:

* How much should I be looking at taking?
* Am I supposed to take all the tablets at once or should I be doing half in the morning and half at night?

I've been working my way through the thread so apologies if these have been answered, just wanted to be prepared for tomorrow :)

You take them all in one go, at the same time each of the days you are taking them, but this can be morning or evening, apparently the side effects are easier when you take them before bed, i guess you sleep through them :).

Apparently its best to start low, they say that you need to take double of Soy to what you would Clomid, so if you take 50mg Clomid, take 100mg Soy. I got put on 50mg Clomid when i did Clomid so i guess 100mg Soy is a good starting point, but i think i have read women starting on 25mg Clomid so maybe start with 50mg Soy.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->