Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

If it makes no difference then can i take it on CD3 - 7 and have bloods done on 5? Its just extremely hard for me to get time off work at short notice! :(

yes thats fine, not sure how soy would affect your results, probably not at all but don't quote me im not a pharmacist, hopefully your af won't arrive for it to matter :winkwink:

xx

This is something I'd like to consider. But how do you know which days to take it? Is it based on the length of your cycle?

You take them the same days you would take clonus. Cd2-6 or 3-7. Google what days to take clomid.

Thanks! If I decide to take it I will probably go ahead and take it days 5-9.. my doc had me take clomid on those days.

well i have started mine today :)
so lets see how it goes!

I'm currently in the TWW of my first month on Soy isoflavones

And just wanted to post why i think they are so wonderfull!!!

I usually Ov CD22 this month my temps are harder to read and i never got a full +ve OPK. But i definitly ovulated somewhere between CD14 and CD18

so at worst i ovulated 4days EARLIER THAN NORMAL!!! at best 8days!

I'm feeling so fantastic!!!! I took them from CD6-11 (suppose to be CD6-10 but i forgot and went a day over) I took 100mg spread throughout the day 25mg morning 50mg at lunch and 25mg at dinner. I had very strong ov pains as my ovaries were producing fantastic eggs. However i wasn't expecting to ov so early so may have missed my chance to get a BFP but i'm still on my happy high that i managed to Ov so much earlier!!!!

I believe everyone should do some research if you ovulate late or need a little help.

I'm taking my first SI pill today, I'm taking 100mg before bed. I can't wait and I'm glad you got your BFP, congrats!

I'm currently in the TWW of my first month on Soy isoflavones

And just wanted to post why i think they are so wonderfull!!!

I usually Ov CD22 this month my temps are harder to read and i never got a full +ve OPK. But i definitly ovulated somewhere between CD14 and CD18

so at worst i ovulated 4days EARLIER THAN NORMAL!!! at best 8days!

I'm feeling so fantastic!!!! I took them from CD6-11 (suppose to be CD6-10 but i forgot and went a day over) I took 100mg spread throughout the day 25mg morning 50mg at lunch and 25mg at dinner. I had very strong ov pains as my ovaries were producing fantastic eggs. However i wasn't expecting to ov so early so may have missed my chance to get a BFP but i'm still on my happy high that i managed to Ov so much earlier!!!!

I believe everyone should do some research if you ovulate late or need a little help.

I'm taking my first SI pill today, I'm taking 100mg before bed. I can't wait and I'm glad you got your BFP, congrats!

Thanks sweetums! Good luck on your Soy-iso

Betheney

I took mine cd 5-9, I possibly could have ovd on cd 14 or cd 15. I seem to have long cycles lately 64 and 84 days. I am hoping it works for me.

Just wondering what would determine when you decide to take it. I am not exactly sure when I ov... today is day 13 for me and no signs yet i think its normally about day 18 so late and my af is day 28-32 which is variable. This month was 33 days.

I am doing OPKs for the first time this month... I have had 2 mcs so am worried about my LP. Am doing some research into it. I got pg the first time on CD8 so very early, with my son we BD CD8,10,12,14,16, and got pg and the same with the 3rd time.

I am currently trying to conceive right now and am doing temps and OPKs this month to monitor what is going on. SOy Isos sound interesting. Are they tablets? Are they hard to swallow?

I took SI this cycle. There is so much conflicting info out there on it. I read you had to take 150-200mg to get it to act like clomid so I took k180mg. I bought mine at Walmart for $6 and it is just the SI with nothing else added (except calcium content). I was planning on doing it CD3-8 but forgot to so I did it CD4-9. This is my 2nd cycle of TTC after a tubal reversal.

I also took all the norm vitamins plus EPO to help with my ewcm. I'm following the smep plan and when it gets closer to O I have my soft cups. So I guess in a couple of weeks we shall see what the outcome is!

GL ladies and mucho baby dust

Fluterby did it change your cycles at all? Move ov? I mostly read 120mg is all that is needed. But I found it hard to find any information at all!!

well I'm only on CD12 so I don't know if it has changed my Ov date yet. I'm just hoping that it makes it around CD14 instead of 15-17. I was just trying to get a longer LP

Just wondering what would determine when you decide to take it. I am not exactly sure when I ov... today is day 13 for me and no signs yet i think its normally about day 18 so late and my af is day 28-32 which is variable. This month was 33 days.

I am doing OPKs for the first time this month... I have had 2 mcs so am worried about my LP. Am doing some research into it. I got pg the first time on CD8 so very early, with my son we BD CD8,10,12,14,16, and got pg and the same with the 3rd time.

I am currently trying to conceive right now and am doing temps and OPKs this month to monitor what is going on. SOy Isos sound interesting. Are they tablets? Are they hard to swallow?

Hi All, mind if I join you? I too am taking Soy.

Goddess I got mine from Tesco, they come in 40mg tablets but have to admit are pretty huge! lots of water and just swallow them down :haha:

Been surfing internet for more info and found hardly anything! I took 160mg last month and O'd one day earlier than normal on CD18, also took B6 which lengthened by LP from 10/11 days to 13days! and EPO which definately increased my CM, but still no BFP :(

Do you ladies know what dosage we're supposed to take? I thought would up it to 200mg but reading some threads wonder if I should actually take less?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Congratulations Bethany on your BFP! xx

What I've read is that you need to take at least 150-200 of the SI for 5 days on clomid days to get the same effect. I took 160 cause they came in 40mg. I took taking the B6 but added B12 and folic acid (it is a b vitm. too). I read that you shouldn't take one B and not the others :shrug: can't hurt. I take the EPO for cm as well. This is my first cycle for all these things.

here is some info I found...

Most women taking soy isoflavones to induce ovulation take around 150-200 mg a day on cycle day 3 -7 or 5-9. Since there are no scientific studies on the effects of soy isoflavones and ovulation, these are just general guidelines. You should not, however, take this dosage throughout your cycle as it may impede ovulation if taken through your entire cycle.

There is also some data that suggests high levels of soy isoflavones may have damaging effects on the thyroid. If you have a thyroid condition you may want to avoid taking soy isoflavones.

Thanks flutterby, it definately helped me O earlier last month but I didn't have such a clear thermal shift so thought might take 200mg this month and see what happens. If have similar might skip it all together next month as normally I O on CD19 anyway, just have a shortish LP!

How long have you been TTC? this will be our 4th official cycle of properly trying!

This is my 2nd cycle of ttc. I had a tubal reversal on 3/6

I just did my OPK for the day and it is nearly positive! So I'm getting close

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back