Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

I only took 100mg and it moved my ov from cd22 to cd17 two months in a row. I would start at lower doses and then go up if the month with the lower dose was unsuccessfull.

Yes soy is very bad if taken the whole cycle which is why we only take it for 5 days at the end of which we have a large surge of hormones. If you don't stop the soy you might not get the surge and just stop ovulation all together. I'm no doctor but I know it's something like that

I have long cycles would soy isoflavones work for me still? I ov'd on CD 29 and i'm 6DPO and was thinking of trying SI next cycle if i dont get my BFP.

hey ladies - i'm really curious about soy. i have a 30 day cycle and o'ed CD16 last month and CD17 this month. i want to bump it to at least CD14, but wasn't sure if this is something safe for me. i've read a lot of different opinions about people with regular cycles (or somewhat regular, i think mine is in the middle of regular and long, haha) i've been researching it about a month with no avail and i'm just hoping for some opinions from ladies with kind of regular cycles that have taken it..or anything you might have read. thanks!

Hi ladies, sorry - I am so ignorant as to what soy isaflavones do and why they are taken? Is it if you suspect you don't ovulate, or to regulate long cycles. I have a 35 day cycle and wonder if this is something I should try... :shrug:

Hi ladies, sorry - I am so ignorant as to what soy isaflavones do and why they are taken? Is it if you suspect you don't ovulate, or to regulate long cycles. I have a 35 day cycle and wonder if this is something I should try... :shrug:

Ok, just read the whole thread - so answered my own question. this is my first cycle after stopping bf'ing, I had a + OPK on CD 21 and felt my ovulation on CD 22, so am assuming my cycle will be ca. 35 days. Will try SI as well. But how do you know which days to take it - seeing as loads of ladies on here take them on different days...?

I would love to be able to bring my O up, as the next two months DH and I will not be in the same country if I O as late as CD 22!

Peanut - My first cycle after breastfeeding I O'd on CD20 then my 2nd one I O'd on CD22. This cycle I have taken 100mg Soy on CD5-9 and I think I O'd on CD 17 but I'm not completely sure as I haven't been temping this month.

Although my cycles aren't really long I decided to take it as I needed clomid for DS and I'm hoping to do it more naturally this time. I get multiple patches of EWCM before O so I think my body tries hard to get that egg out but it takes too long and that isn't good for egg quality.

What was your cycle like before having your baby? It may return to that if it was regular. Mine was very irregular before DS.

I would suggest taking it on 5-9 if you have a longer cycle (30 + days). I have an average 28 day cycle so I should take mine 3-7. After you take the SI this should (attempt) to have you O 5-10days after last pills are taken.

This may not work for everyone just like clomid does not work for everyone, but I figured it was worth a try. I did my OPK yesterday on CD12 and my line was pretty dark, not quite pos. yet but very close. I'm hopeing to bump mine up to CD14 from my original 15-17

fluterby, what day do you usually o on? i have a 30 day cycle and o'ed on cd16 last cycle and cd17 this cycle. i'm going for a cd14, but not sure if i should even try SI.

I usually O on CD16 or 17. I want to increase my LP so I'm hopeing for at least CD14 with the SI. From my OPK yesterday I'd have to say I'm pretty close now. I don't think it would hurt to try it out.

For you other ladies that have irregular AF's I know lots of ladies have had luck with taking Vitex to get them straightened out!

I take it on CD3-7 and yup I'm at Ft. Hood....dh is in not me thought...thanks God lol

I don't know if I put this on info on this thread or not but this is my 2nd cycle of TTC after a tubal reversal on 3/6. I have this month to TTC, July and Aug. and that'll be it for a year.

He leaves in June for trainning for the entire month and then he deploys in Sept for 12mo. soooo needless to say this is pretty frustrating lol

wow i'm right with you fluter!! DH and I are both in the Army. I'm stationed in Germany and he is national guard gearing up to deploy to Kosovo for 13 months. He's in Indiana for training right now. We got to try two weeks in February, and then we get to try one week in June, and that's it for us the whole year too :( FX'ed for your :bfp: hate that you are in my shoes too! i might give it a try next cycle..i'm pretty scared to mess up my cycle though.. hmm..

Ughh sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is with just him being in. I couldn't imagine it with both of us!

Indiana, huh....that is where I am originally from. DH and I are from right across the river from Louisville, KY. I will be moving there for this deployment. I'm tired of being 1000 mi away from home alone!

yeah, it's hard. i wouldn't say you "get used to it" but the longs periods away are normal to us. it does stink. i actually wish one day to be in your shoes and not in the military with him in, lol :)

he is at camp atterbury right now. i think it's columbus, in? not for sure on that. i'm originally from little rock, ar, so not too far from KY. i have a lot of friends stationd at ft. campbell, even though i would consider that TN. lol. i also have a lot of friends either at ft. hood or just got to my duty station from ft. hood. sounds like a good idea to me! family makes everything better.

Wow ladies, that's tough :hugs: . And here I was sat complaining because my DH and I will not be in the same place for the next 2 months - let alone 12.... :blush:

@Peanut...no worries...it doesn't matter how the long seperation is it...it still stinks!

Nevertogether...I know what you mean about "getting use to it". I feel that way most days but there are days when I hate it more! my dh's whole family is in the military or was at one point or is married to someone that is in some branch. We've been here at Hood for a little over 2 years and this will be his 2nd deployment out of here. I HATE Ft.Hood!!!! TX is such a beautiful state but this place is ghetto and over crowded. There are over 50,000 soldiers stationed here. That is a lot of people for one post.

that's nuts fluter! i was born in TX, so i know how gorgeous that state really is :) we have a relatively small post. there are 5..coleman barracks (used to be wwII concentration camps), turley barracks (closed down & haunted), sullivan barracks, funari barracks, and spinelli barracks. it's dumb. and then everyone lives on BFV so it's like a 20 minute ride to work everyday. not to mention there aren't as many amenities as in the states. :( i have my FX'ed you get your :bfp: this cycle girl!!

Well I ended up with a positive OPK last night. This is 2 days sooner than what I'm used to getting so I think the SI really does work!

My theory is it can't hurt to try. You are only taking it for 5 days so it's not like you are going to overload your system on soy.

GL ladies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"