Soy Isoflavones Poll

Just had a look Minky and FeelingCrazy, if it's:

https://www.greatestherbsonearth.com/nsp/phyto_soy.htm

then yes, appears to be 12mg per capsule with nothing else dodge added.

Lotion-like CM is good early on in cycle, once your lovely ripe follicle starts producing lots of oestrogen hopefully you'll get some of the good stuff- EWCM. I got the lesser version- watery cm, still fertile nevertheless, but threw in preseed, epo, grapefruit juice and robitussin just for good measure- and sealed the deal with oh so sexy soft cups!

I cannot say definitively but I read somewhere that soy does not dry up CM like clomid, and some doctors prescribe clomid 1-5 and then soy 6-10 to counteract the drying effects of the clomid.

Best of luck and fx :dust:

Minkys!!! Thank you for taking the time to do that! I guess flax and black something are in them also. One girl here said the black stuff Is bad to take while ttc
so I got pure soy usoflavones and am happy I found them. So I took 100mg yesterday and 120mg today. I also have heard it's good to increase grandually. I'm on cd 8. Unfortunatley I started taking them too late :( hoping it still works :)
I usually ovulate cd 23
so here's to soy bfps for all of us!!!!
Good luck
thanks again minksy!

Hi ladies.

I hope you dont mind me crashing your thread.

Im not completely out this month, but Im 11dpo, and just had my 3rd negaive test, and also a drop in my temps.
I O'd on cd18 this month, so I thought Id try soy isoflavones. Ive just been to tescos, and the only tablets with the soy iso's in were Vitabiotics Menapace tablets. Will these do? They only have 20mg of soy in, so I know I will need to take a few, but I didnt know if they were ok to take, and how many I should be taking.

Any advice for me would be gratefully accepted.

Good luck girls x

Hi loolindley

I've just looked up the ingredients of Menapace and it's a long list! My instinct tells me that you'd be better searching around for pure soya isoflavones rather than taking a product with so many other ingredients. I don't think these pills would harm you if only taken for a few days (the B vits are helpful to reproductive health, for instance), but it wouldn't be the ideal. If you need to start straightaway to spark up those ovaries, this brand is certainly better than nothing. However, if you've got time to shop around and your local Tesco's is too small to stock their 40mg Soya Isoflavones, you could visit Holland and Barrett instead and pick up their brand. It only has 23mg of Soya Iso per tablet, but without all the added extras, so it is ok to take it in larger quantities.

Hope that helps,

Minky

Hey I just had a look too, if it's this version:

https://www.boots.com/en/Menopace-Plus-56-tablets-2-x-28-dual-pack-_1221/

then there's 2 different capsules in the pack. You want the Active Botanical Tablet which has a 100mg soy content and not the actual Menopace Tablet

Active Botanical Tablet: Soy isoflavone extract 100mg, Sage Extract 250 mg, Green tea extract (standardised extract 55% polyphenols) 50 mg, Flaxseed Lignans (Standardised SDG 20%) 50mg.

The extra stuff in here should be fine.

Best of luck! :dust:

Roopachio!!! Thanks for all the great info. I also have preseed. Sooo let's hope I have the same luck as you!!! Congrats on your little baby!!! :)

What are soft cups and how can I get some? Lol

They help keep the spermies inside you, originally used as menstrual cups for periods.

Have a read of the first page:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/285667-get-use-soft-cups.html

Maybe TMI alert... I used them for all BD once I got a positive OPK. The first few days after +OPK, when I used to take them out they'd be empty, but I guess after ovulation there'd be quite a bit of fluid (semen) in there meaning that my cervix had closed for business! Also I really dramatically noticed the change in cervical position when trying to insert after ovulation as there was not as much 'space' compared to before O. So a good cross indicator too to figure out if you have O'd. I still bd'd for two days after O just to be sure, in the event that a second egg is released, this usually happens 24hrs after the first.

Have fun!

What are soft cups and how can I get some? Lol

They help keep the spermies inside you, originally used as menstrual cups for periods.

Have a read of the first page:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/285667-get-use-soft-cups.html

Maybe TMI alert... I used them for all BD once I got a positive OPK. The first few days after +OPK, when I used to take them out they'd be empty, but I guess after ovulation there'd be quite a bit of fluid (semen) in there meaning that my cervix had closed for business! Also I really dramatically noticed the change in cervical position when trying to insert after ovulation as there was not as much 'space' compared to before O. So a good cross indicator too to figure out if you have O'd. I still bd'd for two days after O just to be sure, in the event that a second egg is released, this usually happens 24hrs after the first.

Have fun!

I started putting some preseed in my softcups the last 2 cycles to give the spermies an extra little help.

Hi ladies.

I hope you dont mind me crashing your thread.

Im not completely out this month, but Im 11dpo, and just had my 3rd negaive test, and also a drop in my temps.
I O'd on cd18 this month, so I thought Id try soy isoflavones. Ive just been to tescos, and the only tablets with the soy iso's in were Vitabiotics Menapace tablets. Will these do? They only have 20mg of soy in, so I know I will need to take a few, but I didnt know if they were ok to take, and how many I should be taking.

Any advice for me would be gratefully accepted.

Good luck girls x

Hi loolindley

I've just looked up the ingredients of Menapace and it's a long list! My instinct tells me that you'd be better searching around for pure soya isoflavones rather than taking a product with so many other ingredients. I don't think these pills would harm you if only taken for a few days (the B vits are helpful to reproductive health, for instance), but it wouldn't be the ideal. If you need to start straightaway to spark up those ovaries, this brand is certainly better than nothing. However, if you've got time to shop around and your local Tesco's is too small to stock their 40mg Soya Isoflavones, you could visit Holland and Barrett instead and pick up their brand. It only has 23mg of Soya Iso per tablet, but without all the added extras, so it is ok to take it in larger quantities.

Hope that helps,

Minky

Hey I just had a look too, if it's this version:

https://www.boots.com/en/Menopace-Plus-56-tablets-2-x-28-dual-pack-_1221/

then there's 2 different capsules in the pack. You want the Active Botanical Tablet which has a 100mg soy content and not the actual Menopace Tablet

Active Botanical Tablet: Soy isoflavone extract 100mg, Sage Extract 250 mg, Green tea extract (standardised extract 55% polyphenols) 50 mg, Flaxseed Lignans (Standardised SDG 20%) 50mg.

The extra stuff in here should be fine.

Best of luck! :dust:

Thank you so much ladies. That was really good of you to take the time, to do that.
Unfortunately mine are the normal ones, not the duel pack ones.
I think AF has arrived today (dont ask........shes come in a different guise!), but if thats the case, I'll need to start taking the soy from Wed, I think, and as I live out in the sticks, there is no way of me getting plain soy iso's in time. So make the bets of a bad situation, and I'll take the menopause tablets (it feels so strange saying that...Im only 28!!!).

The tabs have 20mg of soy isoflavone extract, and there are 30 in the box, so should I take 6 each day, to give myself 100mg, or change the dosage about? What do you reckon?

Thanks again.

Just ordered some plain soy iso's 40mg off the internet. Fingers crossed they get here by Wednesday! What dosage do you recommend?

if this is your first time and you are not taking anything else with soy in then try 120mg (3 tablets @ 40mg each) from cd3.
If you are taking something with soy in then check the mg's on the other product and then take the tesco soy to make up to 120mg.
Good luck hun xx

Lotion-like CM is good early on in cycle, once your lovely ripe follicle starts producing lots of oestrogen hopefully you'll get some of the good stuff- EWCM. I got the lesser version- watery cm, still fertile nevertheless, but threw in preseed, epo, grapefruit juice and robitussin just for good measure- and sealed the deal with oh so sexy soft cups!

I cannot say definitively but I read somewhere that soy does not dry up CM like clomid, and some doctors prescribe clomid 1-5 and then soy 6-10 to counteract the drying effects of the clomid.

Thanks for that info. Im just about to ov and no sign of ewcm :nope: but have the watery stuff. I drink good grapefruit juice all the time and Im taking robitussin and using preseed too. I hope I have as much luck as you have had!! Maybe the Soy next month added to the B Complex will work the magic. Thank you for staying on this thread and giving us your valuable info. :happydance:

Thanks for that info. Im just about to ov and no sign of ewcm :nope: but have the watery stuff. I drink good grapefruit juice all the time and Im taking robitussin and using preseed too. I hope I have as much luck as you have had!! Maybe the Soy next month added to the B Complex will work the magic. Thank you for staying on this thread and giving us your valuable info. :happydance:

Hi, GillAwaiting,

Not all women get lots of EWCM when they ovulated, but are still fertile. Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to be good to help generate more CM, so I'm taking that. You could try that too, but the preseed should help you with the CM problem regardless. Best of luck and FX for a :bfp:

Minky

if this is your first time and you are not taking anything else with soy in then try 120mg (3 tablets @ 40mg each) from cd3.
If you are taking something with soy in then check the mg's on the other product and then take the tesco soy to make up to 120mg.
Good luck hun xx

Hope this is the cycle for you, Inkdchick! FX :dust:

Just ordered some plain soy iso's 40mg off the internet. Fingers crossed they get here by Wednesday! What dosage do you recommend?

There are no hard and fast rules for dosage - it depends whether or not you ovulate on your own anyway and what you feel comfortable with too. I took 92mg (CD4), 92mg (CD5), 120mg(CD6), 160mg(CD7) and I'm going to take 160mg today (CD8). I can already feel some twanging in my ovaries, so I hope that will be enough.

Look at the start of the thread where most people list their soya dosage as well as whether or not they got a BFP. I used that as a guide in deciding what amount was good for me.

Good luck :thumbup:

Minky

Thanks, thats really helpful. I only maybe O'd last month. I never got a positive OPK, but on day 18, I had the faintest of lines on one, and day 17, one patch of EWCM, so Im guessing I O'd on cd18. AF came on 12dpo, so could do with bringing things forward a little bit. I really hope this works

Hi girls

My BBT reading this morning was a bit odd - I had a high temp spike at CD 8 (36.5 degrees C). I've also felt some slight ovary 'twanging' last night and this morning. Normally, my temperature is between 35.6 and 36 degrees pre-ovulation. It's my first month on the soya and I haven't even started using OPKs for this cycle yet. Surely I can't have ovulated already, around 9 days earlier than usual???? :wacko:

Have any of the girls experienced spikes with soya or B-vits (I'm on B100)? I can't believe it could be the sign of a cooked eggy at this stage!

Minky

Thanks, thats really helpful. I only maybe O'd last month. I never got a positive OPK, but on day 18, I had the faintest of lines on one, and day 17, one patch of EWCM, so Im guessing I O'd on cd18. AF came on 12dpo, so could do with bringing things forward a little bit. I really hope this works

Hey Loolindley

Do you chart your BBT? I picked up a Basal Body Temperature charting kit in Boots and it's been really useful as a way of confirming when and if I have ovulated (sustained high temperatures over a few days are a good indication). Like you, I have found OPK readings a bit uncertain, as my second line often isn't as dark as the first one. The BBT readings tell me for sure whether I have ovulated. Otherwise, we're at the :sex: non-stop until my next period is more or less upon me just to make sure (not that DH complains, the martyr that he is).

Minky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"